What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumoured Signings - 2011/12

Status
Not open for further replies.

boxhead

First Grade
and it will be announced after round 26. ;-)

Yeah....that's what they all say......
In all honesty though, every single Eels fan in existence has some sort of 'ties' to the board members as it is at the moment.....lots of *cough* inbreeding *cough* going on at the moment it seems..... :sarcasm:

Also, to quote Avenger again (from the Parra forum):

"Chief Executive Paul Osborne has confirmed the club's interest in New Zealand international Taniela Tuiaki, who is set to be released by Wests Tigers because of an ankle injury. "It would be pending a medical but yeah, we'd be happy to look at him," Osborne says.

Source: Rugby League Week, Page 38, 4 August 2010."

This coincides with the wanton speculation started by a certain blogger from an Eel's fan site, who claimed that the Parramatta Eels would be signing a winger (later revealed to be Taniela Tuiaki ) and a halfback. While this rumour could just be lucky, it was revealed a few weeks ago and pretty much affirmed here rather coincidentally.....
So watch this space (and the confirmed signings thread) for news on these two *possible* signings, as I'm sure these halfback rumours will either be put to bed by a signing or a confirmation soon.....

EDIT:
Also, Blake Ferguson has attracted offers from the following clubs; Manly Sea Eagles, Parramatta Eels, Canterbury-Bankstown Bulldogs and the Sydney Roosters....no confirmation on any signing as yet, but the papers are still on their high horse that he will definitely sign with the Roosters. Would be a great signing for all of those clubs, whoever picks him up will be able to play him at centre/wing and also give him valuable tutelage from other experienced players, so any of the clubs would make a good home for him.

Also don't worry Eels fans, only having a dig (Blue and Gold son myself)

Last edited:

boxhead

First Grade
Would be great if the Tigers kept him; imagine him and Lote Tuqiri......:shock:
Will be interesting to see what happens....looks like it's either Tigers or Eels....
Wonder how Fui feels about this :sarcasm:

petetheileet

First Grade
Fui would be laughin!!

A mate at my old work was the third housemate with Taniela and Fui....

im surprized be was such a big lad, you would think there would never be any food left for him..

boxhead

First Grade
According to, you guessed it, Matty Johns;
Greg Inglis tipped to stay at the Melbourne Storm now.
Raises the obvious question; will the Storm keep the big four as they have mentioned earlier?
Or, for all you Eels fans out there, does this further fuel the flame of the Cooper Cronk to Parra rumours?

EDIT: Got rid of the speculation crap;

"STILL on the Eels, expect the club to re-sign talented forward Justin Horo next week.

Coming off the bench, the big unit has impressed coach Daniel Anderson and will be re-signed for another two years.

Another hoping for a contract is former Bulldog Lee Te Mari."

http://www.heraldsun.com.au/sport/nr...-1225901862945

All this Eels stuff is coming out at the moment....

Last edited:

boxhead

First Grade
Stacey Jones coming out of retirement! :sarcasm:
Will definitely be interesting to see.....they've already signed Feleti Mateo and Krisnan Inu (amongst others), wonder who else they are getting.

boxhead

First Grade
CULT figure Mark ''Piggy'' Riddell is set for a return to the NRL next season - and with his former club, the Parramatta Eels.
A trimmed-down Riddell has been in rare form for Wigan and the hooker's management has been in negotiations with Eels coach Daniel Anderson, who as recently as Friday indicated a strong interest in bringing the 29-year-old home.
Riddell is excited at the prospect of returning to the club he played 86 matches for over four seasons. It's understood he would fill a utility role, shifting between the back row and his favoured position of hooker.
The Eels have already lost 2009 star hooker Kevin Kingston and will be without gun rookie Kris Keating in 2011, opening the door for Riddell to return after two years in the English Super League. Wigan have already approved a release from the final year of his contract.
''I think their priority is to get a world-class halfback. However, I remain hopeful, as Mark always enjoyed his time at Parramatta and he still knows most of the personnel,'' said Riddell's manager, Darryl Mather, who confirmed he'd held discussions with the club.
http://www.smh.com.au/rugby-league/l...807-11pf1.html

That would be a good signing for the Eels, seems pretty much confirmed, and matches the speculation earlier in the year.
They haven't got an experienced dummy half at the moment, and Piggy would really help out their young number 9 (Matt Keating) to getting back to his best.
He's set to play a utility role off the bench apparently, playing at both hooker and the back row-does this mean he's fitter than before?

Ryan

Juniors
Why is it Manly seem to be the only team this year that:-
1. Can't buy players;
2. Can't even re-sign our existing players.

Can someone please make up a rumour, even if it is bullsh*t so that there is some interest in our brand??

Tasi to Roosters
Hodko to Dogs
Perry to St Helens (maybe not so much now though)
Matai linked to Warriors (maybe not now though)

I guess we'll just have to hope our junior systems are working.

Eelementary

Post Whore
Why is it Manly seem to be the only team this year that:-
1. Can't buy players;
2. Can't even re-sign our existing players.

Can someone please make up a rumour, even if it is bullsh*t so that there is some interest in our brand??

Tasi to Roosters
Hodko to Dogs
Perry to St Helens (maybe not so much now though)
Matai linked to Warriors (maybe not now though)

I guess we'll just have to hope our junior systems are working.

Mate...

Parramatta Eels

LOSSES: Cayless (retiring), Keating (Dogs), Mateo & Inu (Warriors), Grothe (possibly Cowboys apparently)

GAINS: Manase Manukafoa.....

lsta5838

Juniors
For Ryan - Inglis, Cronk, Burgess and Loti to Manly:

1. Stewart
2. Tuqiri
3. Lyon
4. Inglis
5. Williams
6. Foran
7. Cronk
8. King
9. Ballin
10. Kite
11. Watmough
12. Burgess
13. Stewart

I am suprised you didn't resign Hodkinson, but I guess the Dogs offer was too big. My team, Penrith, are losing Graham and a few more, but I guess it is good to have so far retained Petro, Jennings and Gordon.

Charlie124

First Grade
Mate...

Parramatta Eels

LOSSES: Cayless (retiring), Keating (Dogs), Mateo & Inu (Warriors), Grothe (possibly Cowboys apparently)

That was thrown out there as a possibility before we signed Tate, Winterstein and Fai Fai Loa. Id say we've well and truly shut the door on that rumour now.

Mate...

Parramatta Eels

LOL, gets me every time.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts