What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumoured Signings 2011/2012 II

Status
Not open for further replies.

Juju

Juniors
'home' means Sydney. And besides, the majority of players live in the eastern/northern suburbs. Even if they're from the west.
So let me get this straight bunniesgimp...
Warriors let Seymour go, Release Isaac John to SL and now they're just going to let Maloney go.
You really see that scenario unfolding?

DoggiesBro

Juniors
i'd be surpised if most clubs arent interested or having a crack at maloney.

i mean really broncos, dogs, dragons, eels, sharks, warriors, panthers, bunnies, roosters, tigers could all use him as they lack at least one good half, some two.

only teams id rule out are like raiders, storm, manly, cowboys (if they sign lui), titans (if they sign carney), knights

i mean really broncos, dogs, dragons, eels, sharks, warriors, panthers, bunnies, roosters, tigers could all use him as they lack at least one good half, some two.

only teams id rule out are like raiders, storm, manly, cowboys (if they sign lui), titans (if they sign carney), knights

Wouldn't really put us in that category, even if Tigers retain Moltzen. Although we have Hornby and Fien likely to retire (or move on) at season's end, we still have Kyle Stanley and Soward.

Juju

Juniors

For sure he will be hot property for 2013, and it's unlikely he will stay in NZ - But why would the Warriors let go of two other halves this year if they were releasing Maloney for '12.

boxhead

First Grade
I never knew a CC person was a parra jnr or that parramatta was on the central coast where his and his mrs family is from...

Did I say he was raised in that area? No, I said he was a Parra junior, which he is if you ask Eels fans. "Home" does not necessarily mean place of birth, it could also mean which NRL/senior club he originates from. Personally though, if Ben Barba isn't considered a Dogs junior then I guess Maloney wouldn't be too.
But don't tell us Eels fans, we need another reason to cry :D

betcats

Referee
How would you know it meant Sydney? He is an Eels junior, if he says "home" I'd be inclined to think he means that area as well. Or it could be Australia in general.
To be honest, I would be surprised if we aren't chasing him.

He is not an Eels junior.

Edit: I can see why some would call him that but I disagree.

Last edited:

Bench
He is not an Eels junior.

Edit: I can see why some would call him that but I disagree.
Maloney is from Orange in central west NSW,but he has stated he intends to sign with a sydney club to be closer to family.

Didgi

So you rate Lui over Thompson? Think we'd be interested in Maloney with three good young halves coming through?

WTF.

DoggiesBro

Juniors
So you rate Lui over Thompson? Think we'd be interested in Maloney with three good young halves coming through?

WTF.

I said i wouldnt expect cowboys to be interested, as its rumoured lui is a done deal.

Yes i rate Lui better then thompson, purely because we all have seen how much pressure lui has taken off benji. he is no superstar but he allows benji to be.

thurston still lacks that to some degree and i consider thurston the best player in the game.

DoggiesBro

Juniors
For sure he will be hot property for 2013, and it's unlikely he will stay in NZ - But why would the Warriors let go of two other halves this year if they were releasing Maloney for '12.

I highly doubt they will release him before his contract expires. Although if he really wanted out i'm sure they would but after making the grand final i doubt hes wanting out that badly.

DoggiesBro

Juniors
Wouldn't really put us in that category, even if Tigers retain Moltzen. Although we have Hornby and Fien likely to retire (or move on) at season's end, we still have Kyle Stanley and Soward.

I would hornby is average, fien looked like the fien the warriors let go, garbage.

Stanley i don't see playing in the halves.

Soward needs a good half partner.

grouch

First Grade
Your forum persona doesn't exactly portray you as a genius, though. K Stanley played five-eighth throughout his junior career and will eventually play in the 6 for a long time. Before re-signing with Saints he was chased by guess who - the Dogs - to play that role

DoggiesBro

Juniors
Your forum persona doesn't exactly portray you as a genius, though. K Stanley played five-eighth throughout his junior career and will eventually play in the 6 for a long time. Before re-signing with Saints he was chased by guess who - the Dogs - to play that role

He was chased by us for the centre, good try though.

He is a ok player, certainly not in the same league as Maloney and i doubt he ever will be.

Barba also played 5/8 for some junior years, he went well there didn't he.

Guess your no genius either.

grouch

First Grade
Maloney is starting to make a great career for himself now, no doubt, after making his FG debut aged 23. Kyle Stanley made his debut at age 19 - in a premiership winning side! Who was the last 19 year old Wayne Bennett blooded? cutie?

Barba's lack of size is the only thing preventing him playing five-eighth. His form this year proves he ain't a fullback
Guess your no genius either.
lol

I would hornby is average, fien looked like the fien the warriors let go, garbage.

He also won a Premiership. Either way, he's only used at half when we have injuries or players on rep duty. In saying that, his record in these games is pretty good.

Dragon's coaching staff do. As pointed out earlier, that's where he played his junior football. It's too good (and slow) to just play centre. He's a classy player and his long term future is definitely in the halves. Soward will benefit.

DoggiesBro

Juniors
Maloney is starting to make a great career for himself now, no doubt, after making his FG debut aged 23. Kyle Stanley made his debut at age 19 - in a premiership winning side! Who was the last 19 year old Wayne Bennett blooded? cutie?

Barba's lack of size is the only thing preventing him playing five-eighth. His form this year proves he ain't a fullback

lol

Barba is a star in the making and will be a great fullback over time, he was not exactly protected by our wingers or helped by our centres at all, he is a top try scorer and lead in line breaks and tackle breaks im pretty sure? I know he was up there.

Bar a few games he was good with the high ball, granted those few games he was horrible but hey so was the whole team, certainly will be a gun fullback for many years to come.

As for what you said about Kyle Stanley it means nothing about Wayne, as he is gone and the dragons will continue to choke like they did this year.

Status
Not open for further replies.