What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumoured Signings 2011/2012 II

Status
Not open for further replies.

DoggiesBro

Juniors
Foran -----> Dogs 2013 :cool:

Thats the only player DES wants to bring over.

Would love it :) Only player i want from there squad and only position we BADLY lack, well that and wing however wing is much easier to replace. Got a feeling Brett Morris might follow this year now Wayne is gone.

MatthewA

Juniors
Tried to become the Dragons? bahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha

Special K

Coach
Did I say he was raised in that area? No, I said he was a Parra junior, which he is if you ask Eels fans. "Home" does not necessarily mean place of birth, it could also mean which NRL/senior club he originates from. Personally though, if Ben Barba isn't considered a Dogs junior then I guess Maloney wouldn't be too.
But don't tell us Eels fans, we need another reason to cry :D
Why would he be a parra jnr? He was just as much at Norths in flegg and PL before going to Parra/wenty. He probably played more games for the bears given his broken leg in 2007 at parra...

MrT

Juniors
Foran -----> Dogs 2013 :cool:

Thats the only player DES wants to bring over.

Big problem with that rumour. The player has a out clause meaning he can only get out of his contract which expires end of 2014 IF HASLER IS SACKED.

Hasler isn't being sacked by by Manly

MrT

Juniors
Barba is a star in the making and will be a great fullback over time, he was not exactly protected by our wingers or helped by our centres at all, he is a top try scorer and lead in line breaks and tackle breaks im pretty sure? I know he was up there.

Bar a few games he was good with the high ball, granted those few games he was horrible but hey so was the whole team, certainly will be a gun fullback for many years to come.

As for what you said about Kyle Stanley it means nothing about Wayne, as he is gone and the dragons will continue to choke like they did this year.

Kyle Stanley is a gun player. Barba lol let in as many tries as he scored.
When a bomb goes up, he's a 50/50 chance and thats pathetic for a fullback

DoggiesBro

Juniors
Big problem with that rumour. The player has a out clause meaning he can only get out of his contract which expires end of 2014 IF HASLER IS SACKED.

Hasler isn't being sacked by by Manly

That isn't the clause at all thats what some dilusional manly fans made up.

The clause is if des isn't coach foran was pushed on it other day and he said he isn't making any promises but he is happy at manly.

doesn't really tell us much.

DoggiesBro

Juniors
Kyle Stanley is a gun player. Barba lol let in as many tries as he scored.
When a bomb goes up, he's a 50/50 chance and thats pathetic for a fullback

Load of crap, watch all year and he didn't have a problem for most of the games, he had 3-4 games he was in horrible form with the bombs, before and after those games he was fine. Again also for his first year in first grade and with wingers and centres providing no protection, e.g watch lyon or matai in particular when a bomb goes up take or run people off for stewart, noone did that for the dogs which is just poor effort by our players, although i think matais was on borderline of cheating.

Allstar Knights

Juniors
Barba struggled for those 3-4 games because that's when teams were finally sending them high all game. Barba might have not had any shockers since, but I still remember him letting those massive bombs bounce which luckily for him, didn't bounce the wrong way. He's still got things to learn.

DoggiesBro

Juniors
Barba struggled for those 3-4 games because that's when teams were finally sending them high all game. Barba might have not had any shockers since, but I still remember him letting those massive bombs bounce which luckily for him, didn't bounce the wrong way. He's still got things to learn.

They tried it at the start of the year non stop and he had no problems at all.

The games he didn't they did bounce the wrong way, we lost alot of games because of it. In saying that Wright wasn't any better. Again as i said noone helped him. Watch other teams, as i said Matai was running people off, hodges does it alot of the backs help their fullback. Noone helps Barba and i'm sure thats something Des will fix.

Of cause he still has things to learn it was his first full year, however he will be a great fullback for years to come.

MrT

Juniors
Load of crap, watch all year and he didn't have a problem for most of the games, he had 3-4 games he was in horrible form with the bombs, before and after those games he was fine. Again also for his first year in first grade and with wingers and centres providing no protection, e.g watch lyon or matai in particular when a bomb goes up take or run people off for stewart, noone did that for the dogs which is just poor effort by our players, although i think matais was on borderline of cheating.

Not a load of crap at all, take your blinkers off.
You a Dogs supporter??? it wasn't his first year in first grade by the way.

Wingers and centres offering protection?????? what planet are you on?
I saw him on numerous occasions not even attempt to go for the ball and let it bounce. When he was in a 50/50 contest for the ball he dropped it most times. Only reason he's not moved from fullback to the front line is he offeres less resistance than automatic boom gates in defence.

Stewart can catch a ball, Barba can't case closed. making up excuses about protection is just pathetic. If you can carch a ball, well you can and Barba can't

MrT

Juniors
They tried it at the start of the year non stop and he had no problems at all.

The games he didn't they did bounce the wrong way, we lost alot of games because of it. In saying that Wright wasn't any better. Again as i said noone helped him. Watch other teams, as i said Matai was running people off, hodges does it alot of the backs help their fullback. Noone helps Barba and i'm sure thats something Des will fix.

Of cause he still has things to learn it was his first full year, however he will be a great fullback for years to come.

no one helps Barba...oh just stop it will ya. I recall Turner switching to fullback many times just before the last to help him. Barba needs to help himself and catch the ball. Remember no one is allowed to touch Barba once he's contesting the ball, so your help from wingers and centres goes out the window.

DoggiesBro

Juniors
Not a load of crap at all, take your blinkers off.
You a Dogs supporter??? it wasn't his first year in first grade by the way.

Wingers and centres offering protection?????? what planet are you on?
I saw him on numerous occasions not even attempt to go for the ball and let it bounce. When he was in a 50/50 contest for the ball he dropped it most times. Only reason he's not moved from fullback to the front line is he offeres less resistance than automatic boom gates in defence.

Stewart can catch a ball, Barba can't case closed. making up excuses about protection is just pathetic. If you can carch a ball, well you can and Barba can't

I never said it was his first season in nrl, it was first season at fullback for us. He played off the bench the year before and in the halves or centre which wasn't right. Learn to read.

LOL at what planet are you on? You don't think wingers and centres run players chasing kicks off the ball? Do you even watch football? You clearly never played it. Classic stuff mate. He was moved to fullback because he wanted to replace Patten and he offers one of the best back up players in the game not to mention his speed and ability with the ball hense why in his first year at fullback he managed to be in the leading try scorers and lead them from all over halfway pretty much.

Barba can catch a ball as i said if you watch football (clearly you don't) you would realise its the media hype and dribble due to those 3-4 games he was horrible, i'm not saying he was good in those games he was awful, he had no confidence and didn't make any attempt at them. Once Moore went and Dymock took over he tried and put his body on the line even if it ment he dropped it. He stoped dropping them. He had those 3-4 games where he didn't try or was playing like he had feet for hands, prior to them he was safe as a house and at the start of the season he was constantly bombed. He also pulled it together at the end of the season.

He is a kid, who replaced a very solid fullback that was at the dogs for the decade, playing his first year there and he is in the top try scorers, leading tackle breakers, and line breakers. What a dud.

Can't wait to a good coach and a 5/8 team with him.

DoggiesBro

Juniors
no one helps Barba...oh just stop it will ya. I recall Turner switching to fullback many times just before the last to help him. Barba needs to help himself and catch the ball. Remember no one is allowed to touch Barba once he's contesting the ball, so your help from wingers and centres goes out the window.

Again you clearly don't watch and have never played football.

Wingers and centres CONSTANTLY protect the fullback HELL some forwards eve do, some even break the rules and change their lines. This stops the chase reaching the fullback prior to the ball being in his hands or at least slows the chase down. There was constant complaints in origin, in final games of players doing it to a degree where it looked shady, i recall matai doing it to yow yeh (i'm pretty sure) ALOT.

If you don't know this i'd be surpsied if you know how many tackles are in a set.

Collateral

Coach
Agreed.

Don't know why we would want to become broke, forced to merge and have less titles.

Yeah, because that 3mil profit from last year alone really put us in a back hole.

These rumours have been brought up by the terrorgraph before and proved false. We get targeted because we sell papers.

Forced to merge?

Less titles? so adding a title is actually a subtraction? Oh no wait, I get it...you think that because we merged we somehow 'lose' all our previous titles :lol:

Dream on Canterbury Dragons fan.

DoggiesBro

Juniors
Yeah, because that 3mil profit from last year alone really put us in a back hole.

These rumours have been brought up by the terrorgraph before and proved false. We get targeted because we sell papers.

Forced to merge?

Less titles? so adding a title is actually a subtraction? Oh no wait, I get it...you think that because we merged we somehow 'lose' all our previous titles :lol:

Dream on Canterbury Dragons fan.

No they merged because it was the in thing. Brisbane Bulldogs.

Merged = new team with 1 title.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts