What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumoured Signings 2011/2012 II

Status
Not open for further replies.

super_coach

First Grade
Carney would change Souths from pretenders to contenders and I get a feeling it would be a great move for him and could be the making of him

BunniesMan

Immortal
not just the fact that i wouldnt mind him at cronulla, but i think souths will be pretty close to ovewr the cap if they sign carney
We made a decent offer for Sandow, that money hasn't gone to another half. We offered something like 200-250k for him, so there is a bit of space there.

Liddell

Juniors
not just the fact that i wouldnt mind him at cronulla, but i think souths will be pretty close to ovewr the cap if they sign carney

We lost Wesser, Stuart, Ross, Sandow, Mcpherson and Falloon and signed Matt King.

Relax, you guys are still favorites to get him.

blain

Juniors
Pretty much, King was a handy player in 2007 :sarcasm:

Inglis, Burgess and others are on back loaded contracts remember.. Souths wont have alot of cash sitting round. Cant see them splashing more than 200k on a player in the off season.

KeepingTheFaith

Referee
Inglis, Burgess and others are on back loaded contracts remember.. Souths wont have alot of cash sitting round. Cant see them splashing more than 200k on a player in the off season.

Correct, something that's often overlooked.

Backloaded contracts are used by fans to justify purchasing players at the time, but when it comes time for backloading to become reality it's conveniently forgotten.

Bench
Correct, something that's often overlooked.

Backloaded contracts are used by fans to justify purchasing players at the time, but when it comes time for backloading to become reality it's conveniently forgotten.
You nailed that,there are a number of posters on here from different clubs who do just that.

Liddell

Juniors

True, but im pretty sure the last thing they want is another Inglis type affair that went on last year when he first signed. I think alot of clubs could find $150k if they really wanted to.

Its all Twitter talk at this stage anyway.

BunniesMan

Immortal
Was meaning more in terms with Maloney. Carney in the discounted bin atm, too bad he c**k because he would be on 3 times as much.
Well regarding Maloney, if we get him it'll be for 2013 and he's apparently homesick for Sydney. SOMEBODY would have to sign him, I don't see how that's chequebook rugby league. If it's not us it'll be someone else.

Wato

Juniors
Well regarding Maloney, if we get him it'll be for 2013 and he's apparently homesick for Sydney. SOMEBODY would have to sign him, I don't see how that's chequebook rugby league. If it's not us it'll be someone else.

Souths will not sign Maloney and Carney. The added value of the back ended contracts will mean Souths will be non exsistent in the player market for 2013. Plus you have to resign several high profile players e.g Taylor.

BunniesMan

Immortal
Souths will not sign Maloney and Carney. The added value of the back ended contracts will mean Souths will be non exsistent in the player market for 2013. Plus you have to resign several high profile players e.g Taylor.
The cap is likely to go up in 2013. So backended contracts will effectively be normal contracts.

And there will be players we don't resign. Crocker for example will probably be resigned for less money or let go because of his age.

Wato

Juniors
The cap is likely to go up in 2013. So backended contracts will effectively be normal contracts.

And there will be players we don't resign. Crocker for example will probably be resigned for less money or let go because of his age.

I would not be signing players in the hope the cap goes up.

Status
Not open for further replies.