What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumoured Signings 2011/2012 II

Status
Not open for further replies.

little_aza

Juniors
The cap is likely to go up in 2013. So backended contracts will effectively be normal contracts.

The cap doesn't only go up for 50uffs you know - everyone else will have more money. You're deluded if you think an increase in the cap will benefit your mob more than anyone else's. If every club will be offering every player more, any advantage will be nullified...economics 101...

Big Mick

Referee
The cap is likely to go up in 2013. So backended contracts will effectively be normal contracts.

Fail.

I know for a fact that NRL contracts signed from last year for most players have clauses in them which say that the contract monies are to increase in proportion to the salary cap. So your argument is null and void.

Beachy Eagle

Juniors
Don't know if any meat in it, but my uncle is a life long tragic with dogs an reckons he has heard Greenberg has had some serious talks with Maloney about a move, not sure if immediately or in a year, but he said it sounded pretty close?????

DoggiesBro

Juniors
outside of foran he is our best option by a long way.

possible better in regards to he is rumoured to want to return to sydney and might acctually have some passion in playing for the dogs rather then following des or the $.

although i nsaying this i just heard the same rumour except replace maloney with foran, don't know how much i buy into any of it.

pretty much common sense we will be interested in either of them, maybe we can do a trade. keating anyone? LOL.

DoggiesBro

Juniors
http://www.couriermail.com.au/sport...-cronulla-sharks/story-e6frep5x-1226168016882

TODD Carney looks headed to Cronulla-Sutherland.

The Daily Telegraph can reveal South Sydney had no interest in signing the troubled former Dally M Medal winner while the Gold Coast Titans have withdrawn their interest.

That leaves Carney with just one option - the Sharks.

Cronulla coach Shane Flanagan will meet with Carney's manager, David Riolo, either today or tomorrow, when it is understood the Sharks will table a two or possibly three-year deal.

The Sharks will, however, insist Carney agree to a number of strict discipline clauses before signing the former Roosters and Canberra star.

NRL chief executive David Gallop will also interview Carney before registering him for what could be his final chance in the NRL.

Gallop has been frustrated at Carney's ongoing promises regarding his behaviour. Photos in The Sunday Telegraph of a heavily tattooed Carney holidaying in Thailand, seemingly intoxicated, may not endear him to Sharks fans.

Asked how his club would handle Carney if he signed, Sharks chairman Damian Irvine said: "We would handle Todd exactly the same as the rest of our roster. We have a good, genuine roster.

"They know what is below the line and above the line in terms of behaviour. We have standards and expectations."

The rumour mill was flying on Friday night that Carney had signed a one-year contract with the Rabbitohs. But it is understood Carney was never in the plans of incoming coach Michael Maguire.

Having learned his trade under strict disciplinarian Craig Bellamy, Maguire never wanted a controversial player like Carney in his Redfern roster.

Souths also have little or no money under their salary cap. The Titans had expressed some interest in Carney but an offer was never lodged.

No cash bunnies, no cash!

DoggiesBro

Juniors
I have also heard that Maloney is the Dogs main target for 2013

There is two rumours one is maloney the other is foran, it will go for the next year unless one of them sign.

I don't really mind hey, if we get either of them i'd be stoked but as i said its bluntly obvious we will target both with the 5/8 we have and it really comes down to Des and who will take what.

http://www.couriermail.com.au/sport...-cronulla-sharks/story-e6frep5x-1226168016882

TODD Carney looks headed to Cronulla-Sutherland.

The Daily Telegraph can reveal South Sydney had no interest in signing the troubled former Dally M Medal winner while the Gold Coast Titans have withdrawn their interest.

That leaves Carney with just one option - the Sharks.

Cronulla coach Shane Flanagan will meet with Carney's manager, David Riolo, either today or tomorrow, when it is understood the Sharks will table a two or possibly three-year deal.

The Sharks will, however, insist Carney agree to a number of strict discipline clauses before signing the former Roosters and Canberra star.

NRL chief executive David Gallop will also interview Carney before registering him for what could be his final chance in the NRL.

Gallop has been frustrated at Carney's ongoing promises regarding his behaviour. Photos in The Sunday Telegraph of a heavily tattooed Carney holidaying in Thailand, seemingly intoxicated, may not endear him to Sharks fans.

Asked how his club would handle Carney if he signed, Sharks chairman Damian Irvine said: "We would handle Todd exactly the same as the rest of our roster. We have a good, genuine roster.

"They know what is below the line and above the line in terms of behaviour. We have standards and expectations."

The rumour mill was flying on Friday night that Carney had signed a one-year contract with the Rabbitohs. But it is understood Carney was never in the plans of incoming coach Michael Maguire.

Having learned his trade under strict disciplinarian Craig Bellamy, Maguire never wanted a controversial player like Carney in his Redfern roster.

Souths also have little or no money under their salary cap. The Titans had expressed some interest in Carney but an offer was never lodged.

No cash bunnies, no cash!

Yeah, this is the same paper that said Dessie was staying at the Eagles less than 12 hours before reporting he had gone to the Dogs. Scattergun journalism at its best... Throw enough darts in the air and sooner or later you'll hit something.

cb4

First Grade
Wasn't it the smh that reported Dessie staying 2 hours before he went to Belmore.

Big Mick

Referee
Most does not necessarily mean all. I get you're point but your argument doesn't really hold much merit.

When I say most I mean all of players who are not in minimum contracts. So mid-teir first graders all the way up.

Plus it was most last year, this year going forward, it will pretty much be all players with that clause as the standard NRL contract which is issued has that language in it now, as opposed to last year when it had to be amended to include it.

DoggiesBro

Juniors
I dont think you should be bagging anything that may be slightly wrong.

LOL.

I've seen nothing except the rabbitohs say no we arent interested and the titans withdrawl there offer. it makes sense. sharkies the only club who will sign him.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts