What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumoured Signings 2013

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sleep

Juniors
They've still got money left over from when Ryan Tandy's contract was torn up. :lol:

Not too mention David Stagg is off the books now too. They've got a warchest!

DoggiesBro

Juniors
not saying it will happen, though keep in mind people say hodkinson is on 300k, keating is on a 1 year + 1 year deal in clubs favour at around 200-250k, have both off contract in 2013. thats 500k+ there, also have halatau & turner on 1 year deals, also blokes like pritchard off contract who won't be going up in price as he is at the back end of his years, tolman also off contract. we could easily have a serious crack. not even going into the cap increase.

the only club i think thurston would leave cowboys for is dogs, though i don't think he will do it. looks like a good play by his manager to get cowboys ready to pay out their nose. the problem for them is they will lose some stars one way or another with scott, tamou, thurston, tate etc off contract.

Outlaw Pete

Juniors
A forensic accountant is required to examine Dogs player payments under the cap. We know the club has a history.
What is Williams being paid ? Ennis not cheap and Graham is so underpaid he needed to chomp Slaters ear.
It is a pity no allowance is given to home grown product under the cap. That would penalise Dogs Roosters although of late Roosters seem to be trying to develop young players.

[FKN-SIK]

Juniors
A forensic accountant is required to examine Dogs player payments under the cap. We know the club has a history.
What is Williams being paid ? Ennis not cheap and Graham is so underpaid he needed to chomp Slaters ear.
It is a pity no allowance is given to home grown product under the cap. That would penalise Dogs Roosters although of late Roosters seem to be trying to develop young players.

Remind us where Thurston's career started please?

Bruce123

Juniors
[FKN-SIK];8787553;13251 said:

I live next door to a certain cowboys player, jt wants to stay up here & i reckon he'll get the money he deserves out of the cowboys

natheel

Coach
[FKN-SIK];8787553;13251 said:

His footballing career started in qld but his NRL career started at dogs.

I reckon he will stay at cowboys they're building very nicely

Charlie124

First Grade
He'll stay, and i dont think we'll pay "overs" to keep him either. We'll certainly pay what he's worth and not a cent less, but he wants to stay here and we want to keep him.

Galeforce

Bench
That means absolutely nothing in reality, as we all know Inglis started at Hunter sports high in Newcastle but origin he is a qlder so your point is not valid whatsoever.

I am not talking about GI and besides this was subject to debate between NSW and QLD selectors and QLD won out. He played schoolboy football for both NSW and QLD high schools before any representative selection, so up to GI to decide where he formed his game and state desire.

JT is CLEAR CUT

Of Indigenous Australian descent Johnathan Thurston was born in Brisbane and began playing rugby league at a very young age for Souths Sunnybank Rugby League Football Club in Brisbane's southside. Later during his youth he moved to Toowoomba where he attended St. Mary's College, playing rugby league for his school and the Toowoomba Rugby League's All Whites club.[6] Although a stand-out player at school and club level at 18 years of age

Kiwi

First Grade
He'll stay, and i dont think we'll pay "overs" to keep him either. We'll certainly pay what he's worth and not a cent less, but he wants to stay here and we want to keep him.

reports say $3mill over 3 years. That is paying overs to keep him.

First Grade
I am not talking about GI and besides this was subject to debate between NSW and QLD selectors and QLD won out. He played schoolboy football for both NSW and QLD high schools before any representative selection, so up to GI to decide where he formed his game and state desire.

You will find when Inglis was selected to play for QLD the rules were quite clear where you played your first senior game is the state you were eligble for, Inglis played for Hunter Sports High in the arrive alive cup and he was over 16. that was his first senior game and from that point on he should have only ever been eligible for NSW, he played after that for Wavell State high and Brisbane Norths.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PJjQHdqP-5w

That is a link to a video of a 16 year old Greg Inglis in 2003 playing in the arrive alive cup for Hunter Sports High, that video is all the proof anyone ever needs to say Inglis should be NSWelshman, I myself and glad he isn't he lacks character as is evident by his actions.

Charlie124

First Grade
reports say $3mill over 3 years. That is paying overs to keep him.

Even if those reports are true (and lets face it, most media speculation regarding player salaries are inflated) its still not overs when you take the increased salary cap into account. He's still easily one of the best players in the comp (second only to Smith in my opinion).

Id be more than happy for us to sign him for 3mil over 3 years.

Galeforce

Bench
You will find when Inglis was selected to play for QLD the rules were quite clear where you played your first senior game is the state you were eligble for, Inglis played for Hunter Sports High in the arrive alive cup and he was over 16. that was his first senior game and from that point on he should have only ever been eligible for NSW, he played after that for Wavell State high and Brisbane Norths.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PJjQHdqP-5w

That is a link to a video of a 16 year old Greg Inglis in 2003 playing in the arrive alive cup for Hunter Sports High, that video is all the proof anyone ever needs to say Inglis should be NSWelshman, I myself and glad he isn't he lacks character as is evident by his actions.

What CRAP you utter.
GI does not make up the rules. Nor did he LIE.
If NSW or QLD cannot get an official ruling/decision and give him the choice, then i see no issue with whatever he decides. Why do you ??
Blame QLD and NSW and the Australian governing body for not making a decision if you have an issue.

RWB

Bench
What CRAP you utter.
GI does not make up the rules. Nor did he LIE.
If NSW or QLD cannot get an official ruling/decision and give him the choice, then i see no issue with whatever he decides. Why do you ??
Blame QLD and NSW and the Australian governing body for not making a decision if you have an issue.

I care because it cheapens the game and it shows a total disrespect and lack of understanding about the concept of SOO.

It's like farting in a lift, just because it's not illegal doesn't mean it's not wrong.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts