What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumoured Signings 2013

Status
Not open for further replies.

DoggiesBro

Juniors
Player profiles have nothing to do with player wages and thus the top 25. There's plenty of 20's players who fall under their clubs Top 25 but don't appear in the clubs First Grade profiles. Klemmer for example who re-signed at the end of 2011 for 3 years was in the clubs top 25 last year.

It's not general knowledge, if it was you'd be able to link me to a page with an announcement of the clubs top 25.

You clearly have no idea what your talking about here mate.

Klemmer was upgraded to our top 25 in 2013. The club has sent out messages confirming this to members recently :lol::lol::lol:

RWB

Bench
You clearly have no idea what your talking about here mate.

Klemmer was upgraded to our top 25 in 2013. The club has sent out messages confirming this to members recently :lol::lol::lol:

Klemmer is still on the same contract he was on last year, he hasn't received an upgrade. The clauses in his contract are based on First Grade & senior representative appearances.

Klemmer has been training with the First Grade squad this year, he didn't last year. I haven't seen the members message so I have no idea what it says but I assume this is what they're eluding to.

Feel free to ask him, oh and ask Reynolds if he's a big Roosters fan too because you didn't believe me on that one either. ;-) Still got Freddy posters up on his wall iirc.

DoggiesBro

Juniors
James Gavet was a top 25 in 2012.

Klemmer is in 2013.

Any other bulldog member can confirm the email sent out by club about congrats to Klemmer and Latu and Sila being promoted to the top 25.

Last edited:

Galeforce

Bench
Yet a couple of posts up you mention other clubs and James Graham and call me an idiot, you fool are one large hypocrite.

you are a dope and a crybaby.

YOU sir , changed the discussion by bringing up other reasons why you attacked GI character. i just responded to your NEW stupid discussion points. grow up and and go cry somewhere else.

natheel

Coach
if we get Gavet it'll be for Wenty

and from what i see here everyone is clutching at straws! ya muppets

Iafeta

Referee
James Gavet sacked, Panthers or Eels keen on him.

Rumour is Des had pulled him up multiple times about rocking up to training hungover, constantly in fights on and off the field, broken hand multiple times etc.

Shame seems like a promising propsect, though will give us an extra bit of cash for the coming seasons.

Behind Taupau it opens the door wide for Klemmer too!

I'd be surprised if Penrith are after him. If the stories about him are true, I'm pretty sure Cleary is well versed on his attitude and would steer clear.

Stagger eel

Staff member
The NRL don't want izzy at parra!

Souths are trying to move Asotasi on to fit him in

The NRL will get what they want and make sure we pick up the spoon again

blain

Juniors
It's not the NRL's fault your club can't fit in a star because of your over priced players. Just because your team is average doesn't mean you should be able to break the rules.

We know the Warriors have cash and are looking for backs, but sounds like they dont think he is worth going for. If I was the Warriors I'd chuck a lazy 350k for a season at him, see if there is a nibble..

BranVan3000

Coach
It's not the NRL's fault your club can't fit in a star because of your over priced players. Just because your team is average doesn't mean you should be able to break the rules.

We know the Warriors have cash and are looking for backs, but sounds like they dont think he is worth going for. If I was the Warriors I'd chuck a lazy 350k for a season at him, see if there is a nibble..

If i understand correctly, Schubert has thrown his idiotic "notional value" at Israel and nobody can sign him for under 400k

Kiwi

First Grade
If i understand correctly, Schubert has thrown his idiotic "notional value" at Israel and nobody can sign him for under 400k

yep, and I can't see how souths can afford him if parra can't. If you take notional values into account souths certainly should not have much room under the cap if any for folau.

BranVan3000

Coach
yep, and I can't see how souths can afford him if parra can't. If you take notional values into account souths certainly should not have much room under the cap if any for folau.

I dont know how much room we have but we've lost more players than we've signed for the past couple years and Crocker resigned for a pittance compared to what he was on. We didn't sign a center this year because we are saving the money for the right one

That said, moving on a player like Asotasi would be a big help

We would have to move one or two players on. We simply would not have the room to simply absorb his full notional value into our cap. I would think that for us to secure him either Asotasi or Matt King + one other would have to go.

boxhead

First Grade
I would like to see any club pay as much for Asotasi as would be necessary for Souths to fit Folau in. I really can't see any club doing it.

Frankly though, I think even neutrals would agree the salary cap would look like a bit of a joke if Souths could sign Folau and not the Eels.

I would like to see any club pay as much for Asotasi as would be necessary for Souths to fit Folau in. I really can't see any club doing it.

Frankly though, I think even neutrals would agree the salary cap would look like a bit of a joke if Souths could sign Folau and not the Eels.

I think it speaks volumes about the management of the eels, more than anything. For a team to run bottom of the table in 2012 + lose a marquee player at the end of the season, essentially sign no-one and still be in cap trouble shows some shocking management. It was well documented that Parra paid massive overs for Sandow but it makes you wonder who else they paid overs for... Or at least backended overs anyway.

In my mind, Hindmarsh should have = Folau. Deal done. Close the book.

In regard to Souths, we lost a couple and signed a couple of equal or maybe even slightly lesser value in my book for this year. Sure we would be close to the cap. We may even have $50 or $100k left hanging around but if Asotasi goes to England or King retires and we release one other player we would have enough to make a play.

Last edited:

ek999

First Grade
With salary cap concessions he would have got, I doubt Hindmarsh would of had much of his contract included in the cap. Still they should have been well under the cap with the roster they have

BranVan3000

Coach

Maybe a SL cub would

Status
Not open for further replies.