What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumoured Signings 2013

Status
Not open for further replies.

DoggiesBro

Juniors
Keating is off contract at the end of 2014, not this year. Halatau and Turner just signed extensions last year that will likely see out their NRL careers and would not have been close to the value of when they first signed, none would be at 200k. Same goes for Payne who,was average and was already pushed out because of your cap issues.

You clearly forget that Inu and Perrett come into full contract value now, hence Payne being nudged out early, while Klemmer and Josh Reynolds will be due for contract upgrades (especially Reynolds if the plan is to get rid of some halfbacks)

In reality, some of those players will go but not all of them. You would be very hard pressed to get 1.4 million out of the off contract players. I can see Folau or Thurston, but not both.

1. Keating is off contract this year, he re-signed on a 1 year with 1 year in the clubs favour. I suggest you stick with your clubs news, your obviously not up to date with the dogs.

2. Turner & Halatau would not of stayed for peanuts. Both were playing great football before being injured last year and would of been able to go to ESL or another club in the NRL for a 200k deal easily. Don't let your argument ruin the facts there.

3. We have no cap issues, Payne retired due to the great options he has, never was it said we have cap issues. You might not like it, though the Dogs have just as much of a cap increase as every other club so we have money in the cap for this year already.

4. Inu signed a long deal when joining he was unwanted and playing horrible, he would not be on big money. The fact he's turned it around with Des doesn't mean all of a sudden he's paid big money.

5. If all those players did leave it would be well over 1.4mil without even taking in the cap increase of 2013 OR 2014. The cap for 2013 increase is still unused and could be used smartly to frontload contracts and help clear room for 2014. This is likely what will happen with Reynolds e.g his small contract is upgraded including this year so therefor is paid less over the coming years. Then you have 3rd party which someone like JT would get max available through Dogs.

6. I never said they will get both, hell they might not get either though the fact is they have plenty of money and could do so.

Last edited:

eozsmiles

Bench
Plus a top 25 is still required. Why does the fact that every player that leaves still needs to be replaced by someone continually get overlooked? Oh, it's DoggiePoo. Say no more.

Say though that every one of them did leave. That's 8 bodies that need replacing. Best case (or worst case depending on your perspective) is that each is replaced by a minimum wage player. New minimum is what, $80K a year? That's $640k a year, and a serious diminution of depth and ability. Don't make sense.

They also ignore the fact that many players that have signed deals in the last 2 years have clauses allowing for % increases in line with the salary cap. And they ignore the fact that every player wants a pay rise now, not just the big guns. So whenever someone says "oh yeah got him on the cheap for $60k" it is now $100k. The guys on $200k now want $300k. And the guys on $600k want a cool million.

So whatever players are off contract, it will cost at least 20-30% more to replace them. Wherever they come from.

KeepingTheFaith

Referee
I love this thread. :lol:

Especially the way players values go up and down depending on if they're part of the squad or on the way out.

ceagle

Bench
Speculating about players salary's is pointless since no one has no clue how much the players are really on

mxlegend99

Referee
I love this thread. :lol:

Especially the way players values go up and down depending on if they're part of the squad or on the way out.
QFT. Every player signed for certain clubs is apparently on f*ck all money when anyone questions how. But when they're laving and being replaced with an even better player or bigger name apparently they were on huge money. :lol:

It is a good thread when people stop inventing stuff and using wishful thinking. I am a good friend of someone who has close ties to Knights management. Newcastle had considered signing Rob Burrow for this season but Bennett was not interested as the push came from another big wig in the club. Knights were never after Thurston as the press reported either. I can tell you that this season the Knights have kept their cards very close to their chest as to who they have targeted for 2014. If the media reports it they won't get any confirmation from the club. My gut says we will chase Farah.

Earl

Coach
QFT. Every player signed for certain clubs is apparently on f*ck all money when anyone questions how. But when they're laving and being replaced with an even better player or bigger name apparently they were on huge money. :lol:

When Steve Turner re-signed he was on 120K

Now they want to replace him with Folau he is on 700K

Packy

Bench
This thread can get stupid but there is no way Turner is only on 120k.

JT Will stay at Cows. No doubt in my mind.

Dogs are going to lose a few and I can't see the link to Folou or the need.

Someone

Bench
This thread can get stupid but there is no way Turner is only on 120k.

JT Will stay at Cows. No doubt in my mind.

Dogs are going to lose a few and I can't see the link to Folou or the need.

why? hes only a basic winger.

the_insider

Juniors
JT will be staying with the Cowboys. He will be knocking back the Penrith and Saints offers and signing a 4 year 5.2m deal. Todd Carney will be re-signing with the Sharks on a 4 year 3.2m deal. Hayne wants out of Parra Souths and Brisbane are interested.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts