What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumoured Signings 2013

Status
Not open for further replies.

Iafeta

Referee
Look at the Panther fans furiously rubbing one out over a nonsense. I'd say Shaun's 650,000-1 to go to Penrith in 2014. Firstly, he's under a contract, secondly, the coach has already made it quite clear he'll be a pivotal part of his team - he just announced him as goal kicker.

soc123_au

Staff member
We need to have something to rub out out over.

Is that the same Elliott that made Tony Puletua captain then shoved him off to England?

Elliott doesn't like players with speed or skill. Young Shaun won't fit with Elliott's idea of a footy player.

The ribbing you Warriors are getting from Panther fans is similar to what we got from fans of the Raiders. We didn't believe it either. Give it 2 years, a Warriors fan & a Panthers fan will pass in the street. Eye contact will be made & no words will need to be spoken. A knowing nod will say it all.

Is Purts in NZ yet?

Iafeta

Referee
:lol::lol: I love how much love Elliott has from Penrith fans. There isn't a single NRL coach who would make the decision they think he's making on the logic they think he'd use. Humorous. Coincidentally, thats the third player in the space of a week who's suddenly been linked from the Warriors to Penrith. Wishful thinking that Ivan will get them.

penrithmob 65

Juniors
:lol::lol: I love how much love Elliott has from Penrith fans. There isn't a single NRL coach who would make the decision they think he's making on the logic they think he'd use. Humorous. Coincidentally, thats the third player in the space of a week who's suddenly been linked from the Warriors to Penrith. Wishful thinking that Ivan will get them.

Not sure if you get the sydney news over there but we are linked to every player off contract and even more so any warriors.Sit back and take them for what they are print on a newspaper
you may only need to concern yourself over back rowers we seem to be buying a lot of them unless johnson can play back row we will not sign him

natheel

Coach

They loved playing under cleary and didn't agree with the Elliot decision so I wouldn't be surprised if some more followed him to panthers

soc123_au

Staff member

Elliott is a special type of coach. I know us getting Johnson is a pipe dream, our only chance in it happening though is Elliott. Wait a year or 2 and you will understand. He does do a good press conference, I will give him that.

POPEYE

Coach
You're right soc, Elliott is not much good with players who think they know more than him and he's far too easy
to pass the buck to. If the Warriors try to do what he asks of them they will prosper but he'll need a whole lot
more slap than tickle if they come the raw prawn like Penrith did

MaxPower

Juniors
Elliot has achieved nothing since he coached in England.

5 years ago Panthers fans were saying the same things Warriors fans are saying now, and Raiders fans were saying the same things Panthers fans are saying now.

The circle of life.

soc123_au

Staff member
As a coach it is his job to not let the players walk all over him. He got rid of the old guard from the Lang era within 2 years & built the team HE wanted. The fact that the players still ran the zoo says more about Elliott than the players. I quite like the guy & I would love to have a beer with him, I am also glad he no longer coaches my team. It will be interesting to see if he learns from past mistakes.

Iafeta

Referee
They loved playing under cleary and didn't agree with the Elliot decision so I wouldn't be surprised if some more followed him to panthers

That seems to be the basis of all these Warriors>Panthers rumours. Of which I place no cred in them at all - I reckon the only coaches going around who could pull off the coups that are being rumoured are Bennett, Bellamy, Hasler. Even with Hasler, when he was being linked with every Manly player under the sun, it didn't really transpire that way. It seems more a case of people putting 2 and 2 together and getting 7.

natheel

Coach
I just made that Shaun Johnson thing up coz I was bored

Lol even so I wouldn't be suprise e if panthers chase him for when is contract is up if they can't land thurston

And to iafeta, I know you say only certain coaches have that 'pulling power' with player but look how they reacted when he left and Elliot was announced as coach the next year. There are obviously things going on with the players minds to make them doubt Eliot and I'm sure the 2011 gf bond will help cleary nab a couple more to penrith

My guess he will go for

Mateo - reported
Johnson
Locke - if panthers don't find a fb
Tupou - handy winger and would come relatively cheap and enter than the panthers wingers

Status
Not open for further replies.