What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumoured signings 2014 / 2015

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nice Beaver

First Grade
How is that even possible? Yes they lost Burgess and Teo but they have upgraded contracts signed Grant and Stewart....

Ask uncle Jamie.

Until 3rd party deals are regulated and capped it will continue to happen for a certain few clubs.

You shouldn't complain, your club is one of the prime beneficiaries!

mxlegend99

Referee
It's not that they want to lose him, more that the Rabbitohs don't have a recognised left centre for 2015.
Dean Whare is a right centre. He has a contract with the Panthers and unlike other players they have allowed to leave early, he isn't being overpaid. He is consistent and fits the culture that the club is trying to build.

Would make absolutely no sense at all for the Panthers to release him. Although they did release Mose Masoe despite having nothing to gain by doing so.

Rabbits20

Immortal
It's not that they want to lose him, more that the Rabbitohs don't have a recognised left centre for 2015.

Goodwin is a left centre and we have some good guys coming through including Aaron Gray who is a centre.

Souths just want some depth in the backs as there will be no Merritt, Champion, Tuqiri and probably no Auva'a and Cody Walker.

Rumoured that Souths are now chasing Daryl Millard. Would be a solid signing. Madge can get ok players to play well, like Bellamy.

Rabbits20

Immortal
Ricky Leutele to Souths - another possibility suggested by RLW's The Mole - take 2 !( blame it on a long lunch ! )

Don't want Leutele he's ordinary.

In fact don't want any Sharks backs they can't score points and let too many tries in. Lack creativity too.

They are pretty much crap which is why Sharks are now buying solid backs Beale, Stanley and Mitch Brown. Probably others I forgot too.

They are now trying to offload their garbage.

BranVan3000

Coach
How is that even possible? Yes they lost Burgess and Teo but they have upgraded contracts signed Grant and Stewart....

Which upgraded contracts?

Grant replaced Jeff Lima who left at the end of the off season and no suitable replacement was bought in that period

Stewart isn't on the wage that Sam was but might cover Teo's value

Rabbits20

Immortal
Which upgraded contracts?

Grant replaced Jeff Lima who left at the end of the off season and no suitable replacement was bought in that period

Stewart isn't on the wage that Sam was but might cover Teo's value

And we let about 5 other players go too. I know they were only on small salaries but it all adds up.

Rabbits20

Immortal
I reckon Whare will stay at Penrith.

Souths have a good chance of signing Millard on a reasonably cheap deal.

maple_69

Bench
We might be able to keep him for unders.. He's gone from a promising bit part in Manlys machine to one of the most consistently high performing centres in the game under Cleary at a team set to be a force for years. I feel like outside of his game he is a guy that is important to the squad as a young leader and a guy with a great attitude.

If he wants too much though we'll have Robert Jennings and Waqa Blake.

nrlnrl

First Grade
We might be able to keep him for unders.. He's gone from a promising bit part in Manlys machine to one of the most consistently high performing centres in the game under Cleary at a team set to be a force for years. I feel like outside of his game he is a guy that is important to the squad as a young leader and a guy with a great attitude.

If he wants too much though we'll have Robert Jennings and Waqa Blake.

I reckon the Dragons would love to have him back. He was a local junior they should have kept.

Status
Not open for further replies.