What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumoured Signings 2014

Status
Not open for further replies.

BranVan3000

Coach
More sources saying Glenn Stewart to Souths, and that the contract was signed today

Could just be rumour echo though

BunniesMan

Immortal
Glenn Stewart seems like the sort of bloke that Maguire wants.

Grant and Stewart in for Burgess and Teo. I think Stewarts better than Teo and while there's no replacing Sam, Grant is a good workhorse.

Still hope we add Walker from Melbourne for 2015, we need some more razzle dazzle in the backs.

POPEYE

Coach
More sources saying Glenn Stewart to Souths, and that the contract was signed today

Could just be rumour echo though

I'd like Stewart to go to Melbourne but Souths would be emphatically more dangerous with him firing behind their brick wall

madunit

Super Moderator
Staff member
Seems the Tigers may have told him they don't want him.

Benji to the Warriors is most likely i reckon.

It's a shame Elliott isn't still coach ....

BranVan3000

Coach
Dean Ritchie ‏@BulldogRitchie 2m
BREAKING: Glenn Stewart has officially signed a two-year deal with South Sydney.

Damn, called it. And Tim Grant.

I have taken the "you heard it here first" crown

BunniesMan

Immortal
I also called the Stewart to Souths deal.

Huge coup.

Our starting pack next year:
Prop: England international
Prop 2: 26 year old former Origin player
Hooker: NZ international
Second row: QLD Origin player
Second row: Potential origin player (I can see Sutton getting a crack this year)
Lock: Origin player

Mighty mighty impressive. Strength, creativity, mobility, wowee it could spend all year rolling over the top of every opposition pack it meets.

Huge coup.

Second row: Potential origin player (I can see Sutton getting a crack this year)

Mighty mighty impressive. Strength, creativity, mobility, wowee it could spend all year rolling over the top of every opposition pack it meets.

My god you become tiresome BM.

Here is another view. Whoop de f**kin do!

betcats

Referee

Huge coup.

Its still worse this year, Burgess is a bigg loss.

Timmy is a good player and should re find his form next year but at his best he is no S. Burgess.

BranVan3000

Coach
It's a good blend of youth, experience, power and creativity. Good to have some brains in the joint. That's all I'll say, I expect it will look quite different than the power game we run at the moment

BranVan3000

Coach
If nothing else this is going to make Souths Manly games even more entertaining. They were already forming a bit of a heated rivalry

madunit

Super Moderator
Staff member
Stewart to Souffs for 2 years

lol@Souffs

I think its a good decision by Manly if true, Stewart is on the decline and with his injuries, he's no longer worth his salary imo.

Their only concern is team morale.

betcats

Referee
It's a good blend of youth, experience, power and creativity. Good to have some brains in the joint. That's all I'll say, I expect it will look quite different than the power game we run at the moment

A good pack no doubt but yeah will struggle to have the same dominance up the middle without big Sam. Stewart should add to your edge attack some.

betcats

Referee
Stewart to Souffs for 2 years

lol@Souffs

I think its a good decision by Manly if true, Stewart is on the decline and with his injuries, he's no longer worth his salary imo.

Their only concern is team morale.

If they lose one or both of there halves I think they will regret it, there was a lot of talk from manly players about not wanting to lose stewart, Foran was quite vocal I think.

Actually i am starting it now:

Foran-> Panthers, you heard it here first.

BranVan3000

Coach
A good pack no doubt but yeah will struggle to have the same dominance up the middle without big Sam. Stewart should add to your edge attack some.

Of course but we seem to be doing a good job addressing that. And the twins being healthy will earn us a lot of meters up the middle

What I noticed with this signing though is that Stewarts contract finishes when Sam is able to come back

Status
Not open for further replies.