What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumoured Signings 2014

Status
Not open for further replies.

ek999

First Grade
BTW has this been confirmed?

The Mole ‏@RLW_Mole 2h Interesting to see Gareth Hock isn't coming to @TheParraEels - Moley wrote this MONTHS ago and it got HAMMERED for it.

EDIT: Daily Telegraph story on it. Still not confirmed though

http://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/sp...amily-in-england/story-fni3ga7r-1226693132767

PARRAMATTA will allow star recruit Gareth Hock to walk away from a new two-year deal and stay with his young family in England. The firebrand backrower only signed with the Eels in late April, but has had a change of heart about moving to Australia because of complicated circumstances.
Hock's partner is pregnant with the couple's first child and is adamant about remaining in the Old Dart.
According to well-placed sources in England, the Widnes Vikings forward has settled on a desire to remain by her side at the expense of his contract with Parramatta.
Hock is on loan from Wigan, who hold his parent UK Super League contract.
Although Parramatta have formally signed the 29-year-old, they are yet to pay Wigan the agreed transfer fee, believed to be around $250,000.
The Eels first became aware of Hock's misgivings two months ago, and have been in negotiations with Wigan about the transfer falling through.
Parramatta insiders have confirmed the club has accepted the reality of Hock not wanting to swap hemispheres without his family.
"It's pretty much a welfare issue," a source close to the negotiations said. "Parramatta understand Gareth's situation and can't see how it would be useful to stand in his way when he clearly wants to remain in England."
Hock is the second forward recruit to abandon Parramatta after agreeing to terms. In March, Raiders and Queensland Origin dynamo Josh Papalii backflipped on a four-year deal to stay in Canberra.
But Hock was committed to playing for the blue and golds until the dilemma intervened.
He was also close to signing with Parramatta at the end of last year before the deal fell through.
"I want to go and play against the best players in the world and challenge myself," Hock said in April. "It is something I have always wanted to do and I want to do it now before it's too late.
"Over there it is a tough game every week.
"I am looking forward to getting some go-forward into the Parramatta pack."
The development has no affect on Parramatta's second UK recruit, Wigan's Lee Mossop, who also signed a two-year deal.
But it will clear salary cap space to give the Eels more breathing room as they attempt to move on a dozen unwanted first graders.
Cheyse Blair and Reni Maitua are the only two who look to have secured homes for next year, with Manly and Canterbury respectively.
But the Eels have agreed to carry a significant portion of their salary in the 2014 cap.
That means Parramatta will have less space available to accommodate players, a salary cap crunch not unfamiliar to Wests Tigers and Penrith.

Last edited:

Packy

Bench
I like Austin. He's got a bit of spark, but doesn't seem to fit the mould for Cleary's Panthers. Best of luck to him. I thought he was a better player than Seijka when they were coming through and he's got time on his side.

Patterson's just a relatively safe, solid signing (for the right price of course).

Not amazing, but not bad either.

Isn't it funny how they both utterly dropped off the radar. I know injuries got them both but still.

natheel

Coach
With the Hayne to dogs rumour I'm not surprised this has come out as a rumour. They will be linked to every fullback in the game. First Stewart at the start of the year. Then Izzy then Dugan and now Hayne....I'd say the most likely option will be if tomkins goes to nz I'd say Locke to dogs. Hayne came out yesterday putting his weight behind our recruits next year and saying he can't wait to play with them and good things are coming to eels. He signed a new 2 year contract this season.

As for hock. Its not confirmed 100% but he is having thoughts and finding it hard to come because of his partners wishes (things can change though) but its looking likely that he won't be coming

natheel

Coach
Eels club on twitter have an interview with Hayne uploading and they said Hayne has said he's staying at eels and never even heard from dogs or anything.

ek999

First Grade
Doesn't surprise me that he hasn't heard about it. The rumour was that the Dogs had approached Parra asking about the possibility of him getting a release. I'm not going to pay any attention to it because I can't see them letting Hayne go.

Agree with you Nath re Locke coming to the Dogs and Warriors signing Tomkins. Other option could be the Dogs signing Tomkins

natheel

Coach
Doesn't surprise me that he hasn't heard about it. The rumour was that the Dogs had approached Parra asking about the possibility of him getting a release. I'm not going to pay any attention to it because I can't see them letting Hayne go.

Agree with you Nath re Locke coming to the Dogs and Warriors signing Tomkins. Other option could be the Dogs signing Tomkins

For the amount of money he is asking Tomkins would be a huge gamble. I'd go for Locke instead. Would suit the dogs playing style.

KeepingTheFaith

Referee
Locke will be with the Warriors next year. After that who knows.

Not sure Locke is a good fit for the Dog's style either.

POPEYE

Coach
Wouldn't mind Locke going to the Dogs, the Warriors could do with dropping some unreliability. Imo it would be advantageous letting a Fish swim around at fullback

parraeels2010

Juniors
With the Hayne to dogs rumour I'm not surprised this has come out as a rumour. They will be linked to every fullback in the game. First Stewart at the start of the year. Then Izzy then Dugan and now Hayne....I'd say the most likely option will be if tomkins goes to nz I'd say Locke to dogs. Hayne came out yesterday putting his weight behind our recruits next year and saying he can't wait to play with them and good things are coming to eels. He signed a new 2 year contract this season.

As for hock. Its not confirmed 100% but he is having thoughts and finding it hard to come because of his partners wishes (things can change though) but its looking likely that he won't be coming

Natheel makes me embarrassed to be a eel fan. His the eels version of BM he is easily the biggest genius on Lu

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts