What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumoured Signings 2014

Status
Not open for further replies.

rabbitohs95

Bench
Only reasons we'd get fergo;

1) We let go more players than expected like Hunt, Everingham etc
2) Strong Indigenous influence around the club and Mundine's connections (GI, Merritt, Champion)

Personally i don't think we'd get him and like others our salary cap is bulging as we know it

BranVan3000

Coach
Only reasons we'd get fergo;

1) We let go more players than expected like Hunt, Everingham etc
2) Strong Indigenous influence around the club and Mundine's connections (GI, Merritt, Champion)

Personally i don't think we'd get him and like others our salary cap is bulging as we know it

We know it why? We've pretty much cleaned out the decks besides a core group of players

rabbitohs95

Bench
You haven't gotten rid of any high paid players though have you?

Losses; Farrell, Everingham, Starling, Peats, King, Crocker, Asotasi, Corrigan, Waddell, Centrone

Gains; None

To be fair, we have re-signed quite a few players so we might not have much to buy many if any players.

I'm quietly confident of the squad for next year, but it goes the same for this year.

BranVan3000

Coach
You haven't gotten rid of any high paid players though have you?

Asotasi, Crocker were big money and King was on a decent pay grade. We are also losing Farrell, Peats, Corrigan and Starling and look like we are losing Clark, and Hunt

Evenflow

Bench
Losses; Farrell, Everingham, Starling, Peats, King, Crocker, Asotasi, Corrigan, Waddell, Centrone

Gains; None

To be fair, we have re-signed quite a few players so we might not have much to buy many if any players.

I'm quietly confident of the squad for next year, but it goes the same for this year.

That's an awful lot of depth to lose in one go, while not many stars in there there's some decent players and depth is crucial to be able to win a comp. Souths will struggle big time next year should injuries hit because i just don't think they'll have the quality to fill the gaps.

It's all well and good saying "we can replace them by buying others to take their place" but you're getting rid of them to make room for the big wages you're paying for your top players and more than likely won't be able to buy anyone of note to replace them because of it.

BranVan3000

Coach
That's an awful lot of depth to lose in one go, while not many stars in there there's some decent players and depth is crucial to be able to win a comp. Souths will struggle big time next year should injuries hit because i just don't think they'll have the quality to fill the gaps.

It's all well and good saying "we can replace them by buying others to take their place" but you're getting rid of them to make room for the big wages you're paying for your top players and more than likely won't be able to buy anyone of note to replace them because of it.

I agree, I'm a bit worried about what's happening there. We haven't announced any signings yet. There's maybe one second rower close to stepping up, and a couple wingers.

rabbitohs95

Bench

I'm not a huge fan of what we're doing, but i think if we maintain the fitness that Manly have shown over the years (with small squads of around 27/28 the past few years) then we still could. But i do agree little depth will hurt.

ceagle

Bench
RLW the mole is saying Matty Bowen is just about to sign with Wigan
Seems Tomkins is definitely on his way over here. Dogs should try to sign him or sign Locke if the Warriors grab him.

edit- Looks like it is confirmed that Bowen is on his way to Wigan.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts