What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumoured Signings - 2015/2016.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rabbits20

Immortal
1.5 million is impossible without the NRLs marquee fund. Between him and Inglis the rest of the squad would be on peanuts.

It's very possible actually.

Souths would get rid of Walker, McQueen and Grant plus maybe another.

Souths can back end the deal.

At the end of 2016 we would lose players like Keary, McInnes, AJ and probably Grevsmuhl and wouldn't buy much for 2017 so we can upgrade GI too.

Souths could use C.Walker at 5/8 in 2017. Souths would blood youngsters too in Simone, Goolagong, Musgrove, Whitelaw, Gosiewski, B.Gray, Crichton, Murray, Saumamao etc............

The salary cap will rise too as we know. Not sure by how much though???

It's very possible actually.

Souths would get rid of Walker, McQueen and Grant plus maybe another.

Souths can back end the deal.

At the end of 2016 we would lose players like Keary, McInnes, AJ and probably Grevsmuhl and wouldn't buy much for 2017 so we can upgrade GI too.

Souths could use C.Walker at 5/8 in 2017. Souths would blood youngsters too in Simone, Goolagong, Musgrove, Whitelaw, Gosiewski, B.Gray, Crichton, Murray, Saumamao etc............

The salary cap will rise too as we know. Not sure by how much though???
Letting go half your side for one player is stupid, regardless of the player.

Pete Cash

Post Whore
Surely Walker + McQueen and Grant is less than 1.5 million + two mooks. I know McQueen is on good money because there was competition for his signature in 2014 but I find it hard to believe to believe the three of them are on 500k each as an average.

EDIT

Also how much can Souths back end the contract....do they really want to be forking over 2.5 million or something dumb in his last year. That is half the salary cap.

EDIT AGAIN

Also, as if player managers aren't already inserting clauses regarding the salary cap increases into contracts. Its not hard to insert a clause that says player X contract increases inline with the salary cap.

Last edited:

chigurh

If the NRL help to bring Burgess to Souths, Parra fans should protest by burning down their stadium.

And Brisbane should be able to sign Teo.

Rabbits20

Immortal
Surely Walker + McQueen and Grant is less than 1.5 million + two mooks. I know McQueen is on good money because there was competition for his signature in 2014 but I find it hard to believe to believe the three of them are on 500k each as an average.

EDIT

Also how much can Souths back end the contract....do they really want to be forking over 2.5 million or something dumb in his last year. That is half the salary cap.

EDIT AGAIN

Also, as if player managers aren't already inserting clauses regarding the salary cap increases into contracts. Its not hard to insert a clause that says player X contract increases inline with the salary cap.

Souths also have a bit of money left over from 2015. The club was prepared in case Sam wanted to return. I reckon Souths have about 300k left over from this season to add to it.

Nope. Storm have a strict "no dickheads" policy.

e37.png

Nice Beaver

First Grade
If the NRL help to bring Burgess to Souths, Parra fans should protest by burning down their stadium.

And Brisbane should be able to sign Teo.

Brisbane can sign Teo. They just need to clear players out to fit him under the cap.

I don't agree with this NRL "marquee player" allowance that they can dip into, but even if I did, trying to put Teo in the bracket of player that would fall under this definition is laughable.

Besides Brisbane supporters, I doubt anyone would give a f*ck if Teo plays out his days in Yawnion or elsewhere.

1. The Marquee player allowance is dead and buried. The NRL have already confirmed that they will not be dipping into it to help bring Sam back to Souths so you can all stop burning your bra's in protest because it isn't going to happen.

2. As usual, the figure quoted in the DT is not even close to correct. If Sam gets anywhere near that figure it will because he's managed to get more than half a mill in 3rd party deals.

SaraSassypants

Juniors
1. The Marquee player allowance is dead and buried. The NRL have already confirmed that they will not be dipping into it to help bring Sam back to Souths so you can all stop burning your bra's in protest because it isn't going to happen.

2. As usual, the figure quoted in the DT is not even close to correct. If Sam gets anywhere near that figure it will because he's managed to get more than half a mill in 3rd party deals.
:lol: I've come to expect nothing less from the LU. When it comes to their own clubs the papers know nothing. When it comes to Souths its all true, common sense ceases to exist.

DiegoNT

First Grade
From rumours gathered from multiple sites and forums, for Souths to get burgess back they needed grant , mcqueen and Walker to move on.
Titans were rumoured to be interested in mcqueen
Eels were rumoured to be interested in Grant
Panthers were rumoured to be interested in walker
Today we've had
Titans release Gordon
Eels release paulo
Penrith release idris

Last edited:

some11

Referee

FYI, the marquee player allowance is different from the proposed "marquee player fund".

I agree it will never be used though, you'd have 15 other clubs offside immediately.

Tommy Smith

Referee
I don't mind if it's used, but only to benefit struggling clubs.

Pay Burgess a million extra, but he has to play for the Tigers. Same for Hayne but he's gotta be a Knight. And Folau an Eel.

That's fine by me.

Status
Not open for further replies.