What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumoured Signings - 2015/2016.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nice Beaver

First Grade
I don't mind if it's used, but only to benefit struggling clubs.

Pay Burgess a million extra, but he has to play for the Tigers. Same for Hayne but he's gotta be a Knight. And Folau an Eel.

That's fine by me.

Agree 100%

You can't have the NRL accentuating the divide between the haves and have nots.

If they stump up cash for players it has to be "for the greater good" so to speak.

The game has to use the marquee allowance as a carrot to bring the marquees to lesser clubs. The game will benefit hugely as a result. Hayne or Burgess goes to the Knights as an example and you all of a sudden have a struggling side with a game breaker. That player then puts arses on seats through sheer buzz and reputation. The Roosters get piss poor attendances and yet have several players who could add 5-10000 butts on seats at other clubs. The economic ineptitude of this game is breathtaking. They have no idea how to equate players with gate takings. Get Hayne or Sam Burgess in a Newcastle jersey and the Hunter flocks to games again believing they can win every week. That is good for the game. Take it as read. If you are a proper fan of this game you want to play strong sides every week and see your club win but yet be pushed all the way. Who wants to watch a one sided game of footy?

Last edited:

BranVan3000

Coach
The game has to use the marquee allowance as a carrot to bring the marquees to lesser clubs. The game will benefit hugely as a result. Hayne or Burgess goes to the Knights as an example and you all of a sudden have a struggling side with a game breaker. That player then puts arses on seats through sheer buzz and reputation. The Roosters get piss poor attendances and yet have several players who could add 5-10000 butts on seats at other clubs. The economic ineptitude of this game is breathtaking. They have no idea how to equate players with gate takings. Get Hayne or Sam Burgess in a Newcastle jersey and the Hunter flocks to games again believing they can win every week. That is good for the game. Take it as read. If you are a proper fan of this game you want to play strong sides every week and see your club win but yet be pushed all the way. Who wants to watch a one sided game of footy?

I don't see how that is fair. If Souths have the same amount of money to bring back Burgess as Knights do, why should Souths have to compete with a million dollar marquee advantage given to the Kights? If it is available it should be available to all clubs

DiegoNT

First Grade
It's kind of funny that when Robbie Farah was rumoured to be shopped around to other clubs for as low as 200k-300k, and nobody would take him, the excuse was used that it was to late in the year and that nobody signs at this time of the year. But now that sam burgess is rumoured to be coming back, and that it may see a few current rabbitohs players come back onto the market, their suddenly seems to be a bit of market action

JAMES_FOO

Juniors
It's kind of funny that when Robbie Farah was rumoured to be shopped around to other clubs for as low as 200k-300k, and nobody would take him, the excuse was used that it was to late in the year and that nobody signs at this time of the year. But now that sam burgess is rumoured to be coming back, and that it may see a few current rabbitohs players come back onto the market, their suddenly seems to be a bit of market action

It is indeed interesting when you look at this. Coach Killer rumours must be true, no one wants him to take over their club.

BunniesMan

Immortal
The CEO's discretion allowance was a Dave Smith brain fart. It's dead.

Sam Burgess will be coming to Souths and we'll work with the same cap everyone else has, the way it should be.

Sea_Eagles_Rock

First Grade
Why would a marque signing want to play for a shite club though? They would have to be chasing money, and money only. I could see a marque going to a club like the Sharks to achieve the first premiership.
But that's about it.

The marque payment to switch is rubbish. It encourages the short term departure. Get rid of it.

big hit!

Bench
Brisbane can sign Teo. They just need to clear players out to fit him under the cap.

I don't agree with this NRL "marquee player" allowance that they can dip into, but even if I did, trying to put Teo in the bracket of player that would fall under this definition is laughable.

Besides Brisbane supporters, I doubt anyone would give a f*ck if Teo plays out his days in Yawnion or elsewhere.

They've got Gillett as their incumbent right side forward, so I doubt Brisbane would invest substantial money from the cap in the same position.

POPEYE

Coach
They've got Gillett as their incumbent right side forward, so I doubt Brisbane would invest substantial money from the cap in the same position.

I agree, Te'o is no more useful than Crocker was, should send the bloke to Melbourne . . . I only like him because he knows Weidler is a germ

MarkC

Juniors
I agree, Te'o is no more useful than Crocker was, should send the bloke to Melbourne . . . I only like him because he knows Weidler is a germ

Anyone with a IQ over 5 knows Weilder is a germ.

It just than players like Todd Carney use him to push their agenda.

The NRL needs a accreditation process for journos, official professional journos should get more access to clubs and players.

Sea_Eagles_Rock

First Grade
Considering the AUD, you would think any move would be easier to remain in England. He has already achieved an NRL premiership.

Packy

Bench
Sacked idiot David Minute looks likely to end up at Souths (Norths). Souths just can't help themselves when it comes to signing scum.

Sacked idiot David Minute looks likely to end up at Souths (Norths). Souths just can't help themselves when it comes to signing scum.

If he's a Norths contracted player, which he will be, then it has nothing to do with Souths. Amazing how many people don't quite understand how the system works.

South's have an agreement whereby we allow those players in our system who are surplus to requirements on a weekly basis, to go back and play for Norths.

On the other side of the coin, those players signed to Norths are signed to Norths alone. They have nothing to do with Souths. They don't train with Souths and we don't have the right to elevate them to first grade unless we offer them an additional playing contract. To do that, we would need to have space enough to do so.

Basically, whoever Norths sign is their business and has nothing to do with Souths.

Nice Beaver

First Grade

Mate I could care less who or what Brisbane have. Just making the point that they should get NO dispensation if they wanted him like the other poster was claiming.

Hayne to Newcastle

As a Knights supporter I have serious doubts.
1. He is still with the 49ers
2. He will cost a mint to sign
3. He is Parra through and through
4. When was the last time we had a marquee actually want to sign with us? Boyd only went where Bennett went.

If it happens he will reignite our entire fan base. The hype you cannot deny would be off the chart.

Status
Not open for further replies.