What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumoured Signings - 2015/2016.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Last Week

Bench
Utterly ridiculous.

Since the 2003 Rugby World Cup, the All Blacks have a record of 27 wins vs 6 losses against the Wallabies. And they've held the Bledisloe for about 12 straight years. It is barely a contest between the two nations.

The Aussie public probably just think it is a close contest because they hear every Aussie rugby pundit pick the Wallabies to beat them every time. And then they read articles like the one I did the other day where some more Aussie rugby plebs chose a combined team, consisting of 8-10 Wallabies and just 5-7 All Blacks.

The reality is that the All Blacks have been one of the finest sporting teams in the world for years. And the league team, whilst impressive atm, can still only dream of reaching their level of consistent brilliance.

This is true. The Kangaroos vs Kiwis is a much more entertaining and closer contest than the Wallabies v All Blacks. Which makes the Australian love affair with the Bledisloe ridiculous.

On that line though of the Kangaroos could "only dream of reaching their level", the Kangaroos from the late 70's until 2005, won every single tournament and series they were apart of. And still, since the late 70's, the Kangaroos have only lost 4 tournaments, and they haven't missed the final of any tournament they have been apart of since 1954.

How is it that the Kangaroos haven't reached this supposed "consistent brilliance" that apparently only the All Blacks have?

Vic Mackey

Referee
This is true. The Kangaroos vs Kiwis is a much more entertaining and closer contest than the Wallabies v All Blacks. Which makes the Australian love affair with the Bledisloe ridiculous.

On that line though of the Kangaroos could "only dream of reaching their level", the Kangaroos from the late 70's until 2005, won every single tournament and series they were apart of. And still, since the late 70's, the Kangaroos have only lost 4 tournaments, and they haven't missed the final of any tournament they have been apart of since 1954.

How is it that the Kangaroos haven't reached this supposed "consistent brilliance" that apparently only the All Blacks have?

You can't compare league tests to union tests. For instance the Kangaroos have played one test this whole year. Generally the maximum tests they'll play in a calendar year is 3-4. Players pull out of league tests because they're 'tired.' Test series are chucked on the end of season and a heap of automatic selections pull out to get operations. Half the squad treats it like a contiki tour and the other half generally aren't up to the standard anyway.

Origin is seen as the pinnacle of the NRL, not Test matches. For years now there's been a divide in the kangaroo camp between the states and it's obvious they don't take tests anywhere near as seriously as the kiwis.

In union test matches are the pinnacle of the game. The wallabies/ all blacks play like 10-15 tests a year. The teams are generally a lot more settled and know each other's games. For the League ANZAC test the team gets together 4 days before the game, has 2 training sessions then play.

imasharkie

Coach
You can't compare league tests to union tests. For instance the Kangaroos have played one test this whole year. Generally the maximum tests they'll play in a calendar year is 3-4. Players pull out of league tests because they're 'tired.' Test series are chucked on the end of season and a heap of automatic selections pull out to get operations. Half the squad treats it like a contiki tour and the other half generally aren't up to the standard anyway.

Origin is seen as the pinnacle of the NRL, not Test matches. For years now there's been a divide in the kangaroo camp between the states and it's obvious they don't take tests anywhere near as seriously as the kiwis.

In union test matches are the pinnacle of the game. The wallabies/ all blacks play like 10-15 tests a year. The teams are generally a lot more settled and know each other's games. For the League ANZAC test the team gets together 4 days before the game, has 2 training sessions then play.
WTF has this got to do with rumoured signings???

Bench
DT reporting Hopoate to dogs, no idea how that cap fits, even if they punt Perrett.

Rabbits20

Immortal
DT reporting Hopoate to dogs, no idea how that cap fits, even if they punt Perrett.

They lost Pritchard and Hodkinson.

I thought they were looking at getting rid of T. Williams too.

The Dogs will have enough for Hopoate. Their cap will then be full.

Rabbits20

Immortal
If Sam Burgess comes back to the NRL his contract will be the highest in the game at

1.5million (including third party payments).

http://www.theaustralian.com.au/new...y-league-history/story-e6frg6n6-1227590115293

I must admit I'm a bit shocked.

I thought absolute maximum would be 1.2million.

Souths will be looking into getting rid of Grant, D. Walker and McQueen.

Word is Souths had a bit of spare in the cap in 2015 in case Sam wanted to return.

It'll be a squeeze fitting him in if he decides to return.

Last edited:

Edwahu

Bench
1.5 million is impossible without the NRLs marquee fund. Between him and Inglis the rest of the squad would be on peanuts.

Kiwi

First Grade
If Sam Burgess comes back to the NRL his contract will be the highest in the game at

1.5million (including third party payments).

http://www.theaustralian.com.au/new...y-league-history/story-e6frg6n6-1227590115293

I must admit I'm a bit shocked.

I thought absolute maximum would be 1.2million.

Souths will be looking into getting rid of Grant, D. Walker and McQueen.

Word is Souths had a bit of spare in the cap in 2015 in case Sam wanted to return.

It'll be a squeeze fitting him in if he decides to return.

That would be a lot of cap space for two players, but then the Storm have Cronk, Smith and Slater on big bucks so if done right it can work.

Exsilium

First Grade
That would be a lot of cap space for two players, but then the Storm have Cronk, Smith and Slater on big bucks so if done right it can work.

The common sense side of me suggests that Bellamy is the more likely coach to get the best out of his fringe, cost effective backs and forwards.

Whilst I think signing Sam burgess would be great I feel it would be too much invested into one player. however if you look at how manly have recruited you could consider it possible under the cap.

My gut feeling is Inglis will move on next year.

Status
Not open for further replies.