What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumoured Signings - 2015/2016.

Status
Not open for further replies.

BunniesMan

Immortal
Sam Burgess -> Souths

My sources tell me the announcement is imminent, it will happen within the next 10 days. Million dollar transfer fee is no problem for Packer and Crowe. Salary cap is not an issue with us clearing 1.2 million of cap space with Luke and Glenn Stewart moving on.

The best forward in the world will be coming home to Redfern.

You heard it here first.

AusKnightRKO

First Grade
Really wish i didn't share a soccer team with you... Heard it here first... Unless you watched Fox News, Channel 9 or any other bews outlet in Australia that reports on Sport.

Penrose Warrior

First Grade
Sam Burgess -> Souths

My sources tell me the announcement is imminent, it will happen within the next 10 days. Million dollar transfer fee is no problem for Packer and Crowe. Salary cap is not an issue with us clearing 1.2 million of cap space with Luke and Glenn Stewart moving on.

The best forward in the world will be coming home to Redfern.

You heard it here first.

1) I didn't hear it there first. I read it several places. Spare us the Daily Telegraph line
2) Why do sycophantic (look it up) fans only quote the players leaving when it comes to salary cap? Everyone else is staying on the same terms are they?

BunniesMan

Immortal
1) I didn't hear it there first. I read it several places. Spare us the Daily Telegraph line
2) Why do sycophantic (look it up) fans only quote the players leaving when it comes to salary cap? Everyone else is staying on the same terms are they?

Of course there are raises but the cap itself rises every year. And 1.2 million+ in departures with no significant purchases, obviously we have room.

carcharias

Immortal
As a premiership winning NRL forward and international rugby league player
he was a failure at changing codes.
Somehow he was picked for the poms
They must also be shit
I'd go far as to say the pommie NRL squad would have beat them.

Rabbits20

Immortal
Of course there are raises but the cap itself rises every year. And 1.2 million+ in departures with no significant purchases, obviously we have room.

We should have enough. But we may need to get rid of McQueen and Grant to give us a bit extra that is needed.

I know we would be paying some of their contract.

Kiwi

First Grade
Anyone that thinks Union is the lesser code has rocks in their head. The only country in the world where league is ahead of union is Australia, in every other country it's leagues behind ( every pun intended ). Burgess was never going to be the game breaker in union everyone expected him to be, he was lucky to play for England, and it was probably his profile in the country that got him selected. In time he would have improved, but no doubt he expected to be an instant success and probably believed a lot of the league media and fan hype about how good he was going to be. I love league, I grew up with union and I am under no illusion that outside of Australia League is a minnow compared to union.

BranVan3000

Coach
Anyone that thinks Union is the lesser code has rocks in their head. The only country in the world where league is ahead of union is Australia, in every other country it's leagues behind ( every pun intended ). Burgess was never going to be the game breaker in union everyone expected him to be, he was lucky to play for England, and it was probably his profile in the country that got him selected. In time he would have improved, but no doubt he expected to be an instant success and probably believed a lot of the league media and fan hype about how good he was going to be. I love league, I grew up with union and I am under no illusion that outside of Australia League is a minnow compared to union.

Yet Union is the third, close to fourth most popular football code in Australia and Australia is still one of the best in the world. What does that say about the overall quality within that code? Regardless of how wide spread it is

I'd say within Aus, NZ and England their League sides would pump their Union equivalents in a hypothetical cross-code game

Rabbits20

Immortal
Stop believing every piece of shit the DT write or you will go blind.

We have Tapau, Bird and now Walker.

Get on for 2017!! lol

There is quite a lot going around though that Souths are looking to move on Grant, McQueen and D.Walker.

Souths would be crazy to move Dylan on.

Apparently Manly, Dragons and Titans are interested in Dylan.

Kiwi

First Grade
Yet Union is the third, close to fourth most popular football code in Australia and Australia is still one of the best in the world. What does that say about the overall quality within that code? Regardless of how wide spread it is

I'd say within Aus, NZ and England their League sides would pump their Union equivalents in a hypothetical cross-code game

Wow just wow, don't even bother trying to justify this stupid statement.

As for the Wallabies, hate to break it to you, international rugby shits all over international league period, it's not even a debate. Don't get me wrong I love league, but I'm not f**king blind. At club level the NRL is certainly well ahead, but then wallabies players play for state teams in an international competition unless on rep duty and not club sides.

carcharias

Immortal
It doesn't matter how many people overseas watch rugby union
That won't change the fact that the game is a load of boring shit.
Look at soccer for example
Utter shit... Most popular game on the planet

just about every bloke that changed from league to union gets a gig playing for their country
Must be virtually no competition

Vic Mackey

Referee
I don't think they'll get rid of walker. As awesome as burgess is souths have a decent enough pack. Their 2-5 is absolute garbage except for walker, buying a forward and getting rid of their only strike three quarter would be completely geniused. Than again we know how McGuire likes his team to play...

Incorrect

Coach
Souths should hold on to Grant, McQueen and Walker and just let Inglis walk... there's the money for Burgess right there. Johnston to fullback where he's apparently going to play eventually anyway and move on...

The Teach

Juniors
The issue most seem to be forgetting is that even if souffs offload multiple players to bring back burgess, they still need to replace them with the same number of players, albeit on different sized salaries. So moving on Tim Grant and McQueen means you might clear enough cap to bring in Burgess, but you still need to bring in another player due to NRL requirements for squad size. Although it is souffs so being the darlings of the NRL, they might be given a hand up.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts