What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumoured Signings - 2015/2016.

Status
Not open for further replies.
How is he a failure? He played for his country within 12 months of swapping codes.

The problem with the Burgess switch, as many people foretold, was that he didn't give himself enough time to make the switch effectively. The other problem was that the English public expected him to dominate from day one. Mainly because they have a team full of plods and they desperately needed a hero in a world cup they were hosting at home.

If Sam had've done what Sonny Bill did and given himself a few years to make the transition before a world cup then I have no doubt that he'd have been more successful. Problem was that he just didn't have the time and was rushed through club rugby into the international scene before they'd even really figured out what position he was best at.

To compound it all, he was rushed into a very average (at best) England squad. Does anyone really think that the results for England would have been vastly different if Sam hadn't have played?

If he'd have been a kiwi transitioning into the all blacks, I'm sure he'd have been a roaring success.

Tommy Smith

Referee
If he'd have been a kiwi transitioning into the all blacks, I'm sure he'd have been a roaring success.
:? Why?

If Sam runs away after one year then he's been a massive failure. He didn't deserve to be picked in the RWC, where he was poor and unready for that level.

But given he got a taste for it I'm surprised he isn't willing to work hard and improve. By running back to league 1 year into a 3 year deal he's admitting that he isn't up to it.

A real shame because in another 2 years I'm sure he'd be a high class Union player.

grouch

First Grade
Who cares tbh. Great to have a player of that calibre back.

Hopefully Hayne quits now and goes back to Parra

:? Why?

If Sam runs away after one year then he's been a massive failure. He didn't deserve to be picked in the RWC, where he was poor and unready for that level.

But given he got a taste for it I'm surprised he isn't willing to work hard and improve. By running back to league 1 year into a 3 year deal he's admitting that he isn't up to it.

A real shame because in another 2 years I'm sure he'd be a high class Union player.

He achieved everything he set out to achieve.

Played for his country in a world cup.

Playing for your country at the top level in any sport is succeeding imo.

The only thing he wasn't successful at was living up to the expectations of the English public.

Rabbits20

Immortal
How is he a failure? He played for his country within 12 months of swapping codes.

The problem with the Burgess switch, as many people foretold, was that he didn't give himself enough time to make the switch effectively. The other problem was that the English public expected him to dominate from day one. Mainly because they have a team full of plods and they desperately needed a hero in a world cup they were hosting at home.

If Sam had've done what Sonny Bill did and given himself a few years to make the transition before a world cup then I have no doubt that he'd have been more successful. Problem was that he just didn't have the time and was rushed through club rugby into the international scene before they'd even really figured out what position he was best at.

To compound it all, he was rushed into a very average (at best) England squad. Does anyone really think that the results for England would have been vastly different if Sam hadn't have played?

Great post.

These other guys are just trying to stir the pot as they do!!!!

rabbitohs95

Bench
Makes internationals within a year of playing a new sport, doesnt get utilised properly (outside centre, really?) and is made a scapegoat because of that. Whoever thinks hes a failure is obviously anti souths. He succeeded at what he wanted to do.

Rabbits20

Immortal
Makes internationals within a year of playing a new sport, doesnt get utilised properly (outside centre, really?) and is made a scapegoat because of that. Whoever thinks hes a failure is obviously anti souths. He succeeded at what he wanted to do.

Great post mate.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts