What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumoured Signings and Even More Crap X

Status
Not open for further replies.

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
Potentially it is a better spine but besides hayne those other 4 have achieved sweet f**k all in first grade

It's not about what they have achieved; it's about what they will achieve while they're under contract here.

Would you rather we signed Young, Soward, Hornby and Fien because of what they have achieved? How about Sterlo? He's achieved everything in the game. Should we bring him out of retirement?

Would you prefer Lockyer to Norman? He's achieved a lot more than him.

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
Good point re: Pritchard. Rein is already good. Cannot believe we aren't going for him.

I'm a bit surprised too but it must come down to how much he's asking, and how much money we already have tied up in our spine.

We must also be pretty confident in Pritchard's future. But Sticky didn't seem very confident in him tonight.

Avenger

Immortal
I'm a bit surprised too but it must come down to how much he's asking, and how much money we already have tied up in our spine.

We must also be pretty confident in Pritchard's future. But Sticky didn't seem very confident in him tonight.

Cameron King is under contract and their under 20's player has already signed. Cannot see Rein staying at Saints. I'd give him $350k, rotate him with Pritchard and let Keating go.

Casper The Ghost

First Grade
Maybe there wasn't sufficient confidence and cohesion in the squad to throw Pritchard in.
Broncos were muscling up. They were also moving up fast at the play the ball.
Game was getting ugly and messy.
Maybe Ricky thought it was best to leave junior Pritchard out of this war of chaotic attrition.

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
Maybe there wasn't sufficient confidence and cohesion in the squad to throw Pritchard in.
Broncos were muscling up. They were also moving up fast at the play the ball.
Game was getting ugly and messy.
Maybe Ricky thought it was best to leave junior Pritchard out of this war of chaotic attrition.

Of course he f**king did, and it was a good decision.

Just because you've got 17 players doesn't mean you have to use them all. Especially if one of them is young and nervous.

Great defensive effort from Keating over 80 minutes.

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
Cameron King is under contract and their under 20's player has already signed. Cannot see Rein staying at Saints. I'd give him $350k, rotate him with Pritchard and let Keating go.

I would too. In fact there's no reason Pritchard can't play lower grades all next year. He is very young.

As for Rein wanting $500k he won't get it if nobody else will pay it. The merkin needs to play somewhere next year, meaning he is up for auction with no reserve price.

That said, I think he is worth $500k, but probably not worth that much to us. With all the attacking talent in our spine we don't need a star at hooker. Look at Manly.

parra pete

Referee

Just because you've got 17 players doesn't mean you have to use them all. Especially if one of them is young and nervous.

Keating is an unsung hero. Works his butt off in defence every time he plays. Shocking at dummy half, but the bloke makes up for it with his defensive work...,

Casper The Ghost

First Grade

Agreed, he was relentless. Many times he knocked over their big boppers, well not so big...

Noise

Coach
It's not about what they have achieved; it's about what they will achieve while they're under contract here.

Would you rather we signed Young, Soward, Hornby and Fien because of what they have achieved? How about Sterlo? He's achieved everything in the game. Should we bring him out of retirement?

I said they had a good spine in 2010, which is evidenced through the rep jerseys they all got around that period plus the fact they won the premiership and minor premiership.

Chipmunk

Coach

What is your point here?

cv8z

Juniors
I would too. In fact there's no reason Pritchard can't play lower grades all next year. He is very young.

As for Rein wanting $500k he won't get it if nobody else will pay it. The merkin needs to play somewhere next year, meaning he is up for auction with no reserve price.

That said, I think he is worth $500k, but probably not worth that much to us. With all the attacking talent in our spine we don't need a star at hooker. Look at Manly.

Matt Balin is a star compared to Keating

Status
Not open for further replies.