What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumoured Signings and Even More Crap X

Status
Not open for further replies.

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
Crocker is way past it. If he's the best we can do at this point, boy has our club got problems.

The board needs to be sacked.

You can't judge a board in its first four years. Just like you can't stop judging the old one in the first few after they're gone.

Nothing changes quickly.

I'd use the funds freed up if Roberts pisses off to upgrade a current player and front load it. We could use the 'mutual option' lark to make it look like we've extended the player's current contract if we are unable to actually extend it (don't read this shooey).

TheRam

Coach
You can't judge a board in its first four years. Just like you can't stop judging the old one in the first few after they're gone.

Nothing changes quickly.

No, I meant this new board, they need to be sacked if they sign off on a Crocker signing.

natheel

Coach
I heard Crocker may be a mid-season signing. If so not bad in my opinion. Chuck him on the bench an he would be a great mentor for the young guys. Still tough as nails and probably wouldn't cost a lot. But souths will probably need him as back up

Gronk

Staff member
Signing Croker seems a desperate move unless Souths are paying most of his contract for 2013.

From what I can see, he's off contract 2014. Maybe he can take Ben Smith's contract coin..

natheel

Coach
Signing Croker seems a desperate move unless Souths are paying most of his contract for 2013.

From what I can see, he's off contract 2014. Maybe he can take Ben Smith's contract coin..

Is smithy off-contract?

DeanPay98

Juniors
Ben Smith will probably retire. Its hard to see him going on given all the physio etc he seems to need plus injuries etc.

Signing Crocker for the remainder of 2013 wouldn't be a bad idea. But I doubt he'd be needed in 2014.

Eels Dude

Coach
Smith should only have been given a one year contract extension last year given his injuries, now we have an extra piece of deadwood taking up cap space.

I bleed blue & gold

First Grade
I'm sure Ricky wouldn't bother with him if unless he could offer us some decent improvement. I would like him for the rest of this season, not sure about next year though. He will be 34 next June. He would be great with the young forwards too.

I doubt Souths would let him go anyway.

Last edited:

Sensai Cobra

Juniors
Thanks stagger,

Do you know if any mid season signings are likely?

The departures of Roberts and talima confirmed yet or still a work in progress?

Sorry for all the questions !!

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.