What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumoured Signings and Even More Crap X

Status
Not open for further replies.

hineyrulz

Post Whore
How come it's the CEO at every other club that organises sponsors etc, yet at our club everyone seems to think that it's the Chairman ?

Ken Edwards is a good operator and we're in good hands.
Well why was Super Mario bleating about renewing our sponsorship with Piertek after he was elected???? Surely you would have hoped he spoke with our CEO before opening his mouth???

Gronk

Staff member
Well why was Super Mario bleating about renewing our sponsorship with Piertek after he was elected???? Surely you would have hoped he spoke with our CEO before opening his mouth???

Probably because Paul Osborne could not organise a root in a brothel.

hineyrulz

Post Whore
Probably because Paul Osborne could not organise a root in a brothel.
Que???? I was talking about our new Chairman mumbling something about our Pirtek deal is not dead and he would be happy to talk to them. What does it have to do with Ossie??? Super Mario is our new Super Plumber not so Sharp.

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
Fair point about the board's profile and responsibilities. They should just be a bunch of popular old merkins who have one job - choosing a CEO.

Everything after that should be the CEO's job and we shouldn't even hear about the board.

I suggest the only reason we do hear about the board is because their opponents have been putting shit on them for the past several years. It looks like that is going to continue under the new board, when who is on the board really shouldn't matter to our club's fortunes.

Ideally everyone on one side (or the other) should just die. Either that or give up and f**k off.

Gronk

Staff member
Que???? I was talking about our new Chairman mumbling something about our Pirtek deal is not dead and he would be happy to talk to them. What does it have to do with Ossie??? Super Mario is our new Super Plumber not so Sharp.

Oh OK, I'm getting it all confused. So Super Mario is Sharp ? :lol: OK I thought you were talking about Spags. :sarcasm:

I'll keep out of it from now on, if that's OK.

Casper The Ghost

First Grade
Originally Posted by The Elephant In The room
But conversely, how many of those on this forum bagging the SK appointment were against his appointment in the first place? I don't remember too many objectors. Sure plenty of people were dirty that DA got the arse, but once that was done I remember most people being fairly positive about SK coming on board.

You kidding, aren't you?

This

:crazy::crazy:

hineyrulz

Post Whore
Oh OK, I'm getting it all confused. So Super Mario is Sharp ? :lol: OK I thought you were talking about Spags. :sarcasm:

Spags is hardly super whichever way you look at it. Not impressed with the new man either.

Casper The Ghost

First Grade
Unlikely however merkin. Marketing decisions are not made by multi-nationals on a whim and the changing of the guard would hardly matter, (provided that it does not bring more instability).

If we encounter a problem in replacing Pirtek it's because the former board have failed to promote the club in a positive light. Suggesting that their absence places us in a worse position is just spin.

THIS

:thumb

Casper The Ghost

First Grade
Key point in bold.

The fact they've been recently replaced could (and probably does) mean that the club is much less stable right now. The shitstorm surrounding the place is certainly heavier than usual.

Anyway, I think this lost sponsor is bullshit. I'm just explaining why it might not be.

Because unlike most of you merkins I try to look at things objectively. If it appears I am arguing from one side it is because the other side is already well represented.

You might call me an argumentative troll but I prefer to see myself as the enemy of groupthink

Wanker...... :crazy:

5589_diagnosis_wanker.jpg

Last edited:

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore

Seeing Super Mario as Italian first and a plumber second is racist.

Last edited:

born an eel

Bench

no spags is "the Liquidator"

what does an accountant know about running a football team?

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
Wanker...... :crazy:

Sorry if you're offended but I don't come here to have others validate my existence by agreeing with me.

Clearly you don't either so why so butthurt?

I also don't come here to provide a common enemy for a bunch of losers to gang up on, but I accept it as part of internet dynamics. Ideally we could come here and discuss all sides of any issue, but it seems some people link their identity to supporting one side and any disagreement with the majority view turns things nasty.

And that's why you've chosen to call me wanker.

emjaycee

Coach
Is you company governed by a salary cap ? If so then yes we should all know what you're paid.

Why is whether or not the company is governed by a salary cap relevant to public disclosure of individual salaries?

I am interested in why you think this information needs to go beyond the people in control of the company or in this case, the governing body?

The real issue is that the governing body (the NRL) has been unable to enforce its own cap and has allowed clubs to either accidently exceed it (and get a fine) or systemically cheat it and sometimes get caught. Public disclosure that player x or player y got this much or that much is not relevant to their management of the cap - inadequacies (sp) in their auditing team are more the issue imho.

Why is whether or not the company is governed by a salary cap relevant to public disclosure of individual salaries?

I am interested in why you think this information needs to go beyond the people in control of the company or in this case, the governing body?

The real issue is that the governing body (the NRL) has been unable to enforce its own cap and has allowed clubs to either accidently exceed it (and get a fine) or systemically cheat it and sometimes get caught. Public disclosure that player x or player y got this much or that much is not relevant to their management of the cap - inadequacies (sp) in their auditing team are more the issue imho.

I don't think 'public' disclosure would help. It is the disclosure to the league that is important. But......the straight salaries / cash payments aren't going to be the problem anyway, and even tax return data would be a) untimely (too late) and b) unreliable for estimating the impact of non-cash 3rd party deals (which seems to be where the most egregious crap has concentrated).

emjaycee

Coach
I don't think 'public' disclosure would help. It is the disclosure to the league that is important. But......the straight salaries / cash payments aren't going to be the problem anyway, and even tax return data would be a) untimely (too late) and b) unreliable for estimating the impact of non-cash 3rd party deals (which seems to be where the most egregious crap has concentrated).

This.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts