What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumoured Signings and Even More Crap X

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm not going to post the contents of the email I just received from the Club but I will give the gist of it. If it against the rules then I am sorry and please delete this post.

Basically, our 2014 recruitment and retention has involved singing and retaining players, and we are still active in the marketplace. In addition to this, part of the strategy is understanding who doesn't fit. So, the playing group as a whole was informed this morning of this aspect of our strategy.

Some off at the end of this season were told that they would not be resigned. Others contracted for 2014 were given permission to look elsewhere. No names given in the email. Basically, the playing group have a job to do and those that haven't shown their value were informed of that this morning.

Make of it what you will but that was the gist of it.

Once again, sorry if I'm not allowed to give summaries of emails (I know we're not allowed to post the email itself but wasn't sure about discussing it).

fish eel

Immortal
Imagine if you were sent an email saying we told a stack of players they're not wanted, but we're not gonna tell you who they are. That'd make for a fun guessing game, wouldn't it?

Chipmunk

Coach
Interesting stuff. I think you could see alot of this coming. Very interesting though on a number of contracted players to be told to look elsewhere. Some obvious ones in all of that. I wonder if we wont be resigning any more of the current off contract players.

Last edited:

eels_fan

First Grade
The email has been posted in entirety on the eels FB page by a member.

I have to give credit to Edwards & RS on being so forthright & honest with members/supporters.

I recommend everyone read it in full, it is to put it simply a defining moment I feel for our club. Very strongly worded without sugar-coating.

Daneel

Bench
I would too if If I was you, your out of your depth and wrong

I could very well be wrong, but you definitely are. Just because you say American sports can't be compared to another countries sports doesn't mean you can't. ;-)

Look at me my name is ratchy and I know everything about American sports and everyone else knows nothing, I'm a hero please worship me. :roll:

Wake up to yourself you megalomaniac.

Shame the email was about 3 years late lol.
Anyway it just shows that we have the right people in control, meaning Sticky and Ken Edwards.

Suitman

Post Whore
wow.
Just read the email.
Refreshing, to say the least.
f**k those nuffies who put in 50% some weeks and even less the next.

I watched some of those videos that Casper posted last week. Fair dinkum, the pride in the jersey has taken an almighty tumble in the past 5 or so years.

Suity

Chipmunk

Coach
The email has been posted in entirety on the eels FB page by a member.

I have to give credit to Edwards & RS on being so forthright & honest with members/supporters.

I recommend everyone read it in full, it is to put it simply a defining moment I feel for our club. Very strongly worded without sugar-coating.

It isnt there now...

Bigfella

Coach
I'm not going to post the contents of the email I just received from the Club but I will give the gist of it. If it against the rules then I am sorry and please delete this post.

Basically, our 2014 recruitment and retention has involved singing and retaining players, and we are still active in the marketplace. In addition to this, part of the strategy is understanding who doesn't fit. So, the playing group as a whole was informed this morning of this aspect of our strategy.

Some off at the end of this season were told that they would not be resigned. Others contracted for 2014 were given permission to look elsewhere. No names given in the email. Basically, the playing group have a job to do and those that haven't shown their value were informed of that this morning.

Make of it what you will but that was the gist of it.

Once again, sorry if I'm not allowed to give summaries of emails (I know we're not allowed to post the email itself but wasn't sure about discussing it).

Personally I think it is completely misconceived that our strategy involved singing.

Will this be harmed by not having Eric senior and junior on board?

Joshuatheeel

Staff member
I like a paragraph which said something like this;

Over a ...... of time, there have been people who lost their jobs at the Club without the playing group being held accountable. As of today the players are being held accountable.

hineyrulz

Post Whore
Massive news, but Ricky has given these bloke half a season to show what they can do so they only have themselves to blame. He knows who he wants and doesn't want so I can only see this as a positive.

hineyrulz

Post Whore
I like a paragraph which said something like this;

Over a ...... of time, there have been people who lost their jobs at the Club without the playing group being held accountable. As of today the players are being held accountable.
Gee I really like the sound of that last paragraph, it's spot on as well.

Noise

Coach
Unfortunately if those dud players that are contracted for 2014 (that SK signed) refuse to leave we will still be stuck with them next year

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts