What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumoured Signings and Even More Crap X

Status
Not open for further replies.

natheel

Coach
Terepo reminds me of Merrin in stature. Has a body that is big and strong but also got that ball playing capability where he can be a lock forward

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
Is Terepo much of a ball player? I think he's more the type that tries to go through the defence.

Plus he's a bit undersized for a prop, although very f**king quick.

In that try he scored on the weekend, he seemed to be playing edge forward.

oldmancraigy

Coach
We are running last with our current 4 Front Rowers and they dont appear to be doing the job for us this year, I really cannot see why they are going to be any different next year.

This is why so many of us are up in arms about Keating!

The props have been doing a pretty fair job for the club since 2010.
After a couple of reasonable hitups, Matt Keating waits till the ball is played,
then he bends down to pick it up,
then he stands up again,
then he shuffles a few steps to 'commit' the markers
then he passes behind a forward to Sandow - and the defence is already right up in his grill and up on his outside men.

He really badly stifles our attack.

oldmancraigy

Coach
Is Terepo much of a ball player? I think he's more the type that tries to go through the defence.

Plus he's a bit undersized for a prop, although very f**king quick.

In that try he scored on the weekend, he seemed to be playing edge forward.

I thought he was 'tight backrower' for the try he scored. Didn't he start the run just to the left of the sticks before palming off the entire team in a circular run?

I might be remembering it poorly though!!

hineyrulz

Post Whore
Depth signing my ass....he is a better player than 99% of the current forward pack.
I mean for next season??? We already have 4 quality props and Mossop is on the way. It's our backrow which is by far the worst in the comp. add in Fraser, Paulo and Pauli Pauli I think out front row stocks aren't too bad. It will depend where Sticky plays the two Poms.

I bleed blue & gold

First Grade
WELL before Adam Blair and Frank-Paul Nu'uausala entered Parramatta's recruitment plans, the Eels had their sights set on a much bigger prize.

We can confirm Manly superstar Glenn Stewart was featuring heavily in discussions among Ricky Stuart and his coaching staff.

Stuart sensed a chance to prise Stewart from Brookvale 12 months before his contract expires next season.

The representative backrower is on a dramatically back-ended deal, which has piled three years' worth of salary cap increase bonuses into his final season.

That means Stewart will just about be the most expensive player in Manly's squad next year, and Parramatta suspected that a long-term offer could convince Manly to grant an early release. Talks progressed through April and May, but his asking price of around $650,000-a-season proved too rich.

http://m.dailytelegraph.com.au/spor...er-brett-stewart/story-fni3fbgz-1226663467117

I bleed blue & gold

First Grade
I think the smartest move is to make sure one or the other of your top two props is on the field at any one time.

Why would you have your best two props start the match and then bring them both off and lose momentum?

The Cowboys tried Tamou off the bench a couple weeks ago, and that was probably why. They certainly lose plenty when he and Scott are both off the field.

I can't disagree with that. I just would not have Allgood starting.

oldmancraigy

Coach
I really hope we get Blair and FPN. If nothing else, it'll mean we've completely overhauled the direction our pack was heading in!

Noise

Coach
Not signing news but Matty Johns on MMM this morning reckons he got mail that Hayne's hamstring is not going well and is next to no chance for origin

TheRam

Coach
On the Glen Stewart thing, I'm kind of glad we didn't get him to be honest. I think he is a terrific player obviously, but he hasn't come back all that well from his last injury and has had a lot of tough footy over the years. I think he is beginning to look like a bit of a risk at that price.

The player I would go all out for in the off season would be Trent Merrin. He is coming off contract next year and for mine the best ball playing back rower in the game today bar none and still very young and has his best footy days still ahead of him. In fact he is coming into the peak years of his career.

He for mine is the kind of player you offer overs for. Blair on the other hand is not worth the risk at all, unless he is willing to except 200-250k. Anything more than that is total gambling stupidity and even that amount I am reticent to offer him really. The guy at present is playing way to woeful and has been playing like this for way to long to be considered a good risk.

Save that money and throw the kitchen sink at a pedigree like Trent Merrin. That is the type of recruiting our club should be going full on in achieving.

Last edited:
He for mine is the kind of player you offer overs for. Blair on the other hand is not worth the risk at all, unless he is willing to except 200-250k. Anything more than that is total gambling stupidity and even that amount I am reticent to offer him really. The guy at present is playing way to woeful and has been playing like this for way to long to be considered a good risk.

It's not so much about what Blair is willing to accept (he'll stick to what he is currently promised....why not?)....it is how much of that amount Wests are prepared to eat. If our share ended out being 300k or so, that's a fair gamble given the size of next year's cap.

Status
Not open for further replies.