What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumoured Signings and General Dribble XIII

Status
Not open for further replies.

Maroubra Eel

Coach
I'm glad Arthur put his foot down and won't be tolerating an overweight Sandow.

Sandow has really let us down and let himself down.

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
Fancy making two million bucks in four years. You'd never have to work again!

Unless you were an absolute hopeless case on the punt. I suppose he can always fall back on his uni degree.

El Diablo

Post Whore
no great revelation

http://www.news.com.au/national/eel...ayne-at-fullback/story-e6frfkp9-1226767402302

Eels to keep versatile Hayne at fullback

8 hours ago November 25, 2013 12:00AM

HE has been a revelation at right centre for Australia but Parramatta coach Brad Arthur won't move Jarryd Hayne to that position unless the Eels star wants to make that shift.

Hayne scored eight tries from 15 matches for the Eels this season, but in just two World Cup games for the Kangaroos he has bagged seven -- four against USA in the quarter-finals and three in yesterday's semi-final against Fiji.

"It's something I'll have to talk to him about but at this stage I think he's a lot harder to handle at fullback," Arthur said yesterday. "No disrespect to the opposition, but they (Australia) won 62-0 and then 64-0 so he hasn't had to do too much defence out there.

"A centre in the NRL has to do a fair bit in defence which takes away your energy in attack.

"But Jarryd is doing a tremendous job in the centres (for Australia) over there, running a great line and he's got some quality players around him that he's linking well with.

"So there's a lot of factors going into it, but it hasn't surprised me how good he's been at No 4 even if he hasn't played a lot of centre before."

Arthur won't continue the experiment that former coaches Daniel Anderson and Ricky Stuart tried with Hayne at five-eighth.

"He'll be fullback unless he really wants to have a go at centre," Arthur said.

"Jarryd is Jarryd and he will have a go at anything. If he puts his mind to it, he will succeed.

"He always rises to another level when it's rep footy.

"We've just got to make sure we get him fully fit so he can play that standard for us."

One player Arthur does intend putting in the centres is former NSW Origin winger Will Hopoate.

The 21-year-old arrived for pre-season training last week just days after completing his two-year Mormon mission.

"We just want to get the ball delivered to his hands earlier as I think he's more of a creator, rather than just a finisher," Arthur said.

"On the wing you're so often just finishing off."

Ryan Morgan, Jacob Loko, Ken Sio and Willie Tonga, who played only four games last season due to injuries, will be in a battle for the other centre spot.

forward pass

Coach
That reporter is on the ball. He has played THREE world cup games not two - and he scored a couple in the other game against Fiji.

Gronk

Staff member
Richie Fa'aoso (sp) has been busy over the weekend....

Man charged with drink-driving and pursuit following domestic dispute - Macquarie Fields

Monday, 25 November 2013 04:14:31 AM
A man has been charged following an alleged domestic violence incident and police pursuit at Macquarie Fields yesterday.

About 2pm, Sunday 24 November 2013, a man was at his home in Macquarie Fields when he allegedly became involved in an argument with his wife.

During the argument the man allegedly knocked over furniture, kicked a door off its hinges and smashed a window before his wife fled the premises.

The man allegedly drove to another house in Ingleburn where the domestic dispute continued and police were called.

Police attended the house in Ingleburn where they saw the man driving past the premises and attempted to stop him, however, he failed to stop and a police pursuit was initiated.

The vehicle was subsequently stopped in Currawong Street, Ingleburn and the 29-year-old man arrested. He was submitted to a breath test and returned a positive reading.

The man was taken to Macquarie Fields Police Station where he underwent a breath analysis and returned an alleged reading of 0.126.

He was charged with malicious damage, not stop vehicle when directed to do so and drive with mid-range PCA and will appear in Campbelltown Local Court on Tuesday 26 November 2013.

The man was also issued with an apprehended violence order.
http://www.police.nsw.gov.au/news/m...vdi5hdSUyRm1lZGlhJTJGMzQxMDUuaHRtbCZhbGw9MQ==

LOL @ Manly

Richie Fa'aoso (sp) has been busy over the weekend....

http://www.police.nsw.gov.au/news/m...vdi5hdSUyRm1lZGlhJTJGMzQxMDUuaHRtbCZhbGw9MQ==

LOL @ Manly

Former Eels Player Richie Fa'aoso was today charged...........

Club in crisis.

Seriously though, (and assuming the allegations are true), then this is the kind of incident that should see the NRL terminate his contract. Domestic Violence, Drink Driving, failing to stop for the police. Thee game doesn't need morons like this playing in the top grade.

Last edited:

guruminga

Juniors

Club in crisis.

Seriously though, (and assuming the allegations are true), then this is the kind of incident that should see the NRL terminate his contract. Domestic Violence, Drink Driving, failing to stop for the police. Thee game doesn't need morons like this playing in the top grade.

I agree.

G

Club in crisis.

Yep, three strikes in an hour.

Craig Johnston

First Grade
To many head and neck injuries for poor Richie

On the bright side the NRL will save Richie from something manly won't. ... His running style

hindy111

Post Whore
If Sandow isnt in the squad we are basically 500k down on cap over the next two seasons.Personaly i rate him better than kelly and hope he gets a chance to start over him.

If Sandow isnt in the squad we are basically 500k down on cap over the next two seasons.Personaly i rate him better than kelly and hope he gets a chance to start over him.

I think that's the thing. Unless Arsthurs's is going to punt him from the club (which we'll pay for anyway), in some ways it's now irrelevant what we are paying him. He has a contract, and we are going to pay him that amount whilst ever he is still contracted to the Eels.

So it comes down to whether we are a better chance of winning games with Sandow or Kelly in the team, not who is or isn't providing value for money. I don't think some people can look past that though.

For mine, Sandow has to play next year in front of Kelly.

Someone

Bench
But he's on half a million dollars a year!!! We have to get rid of him!!!

If he gets his head right and starts putting in, regardless of how much money he is earning he will be valueable to the team.

until that happens, if at all, hes a waste of cap space and would be if only on 150k. im past the point of arguing that he is overpaid, he has to start putting in.

personally i cant wait til his contract is up and we can use that money to chase a real halfback.

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
If he gets his head right and starts putting in, regardless of how much money he is earning he will be valueable to the team.

until that happens, if at all, hes a waste of cap space and would be if only on 150k. im past the point of arguing that he is overpaid, he has to start putting in.

personally i cant wait til his contract is up and we can use that money to chase a real halfback.

Absolutely. If he was off contract right now he wouldn't command half of what he was worth when he was off contract in 2011.

But isn't that the case with every big name we buy?

Status
Not open for further replies.