What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumoured Signings and General Dribble XIII

Status
Not open for further replies.
Im sure when they require a quote the media have a couple of lists they automatically refer to. Their "dial an Idiot List" and their "dial a Hypocrite List".
Unremarkably one Tiny Toad tops both lists. Im of the belief this moronic goblin isn't held in high esteem at all by the media. I reckon the buffoon is stupid enough to continually open his lying uneducated mouth and provide exactly what the media require when asked. Oh to have an enormous ego. Poor Ricky. He has no idea he is being used.

Exactly why Pricey & Burt are still in the news....

jimmy77au

Juniors
hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha....oh god make it stop.....hahahahahahahahaha...seriously, it hurts........hahahaha

Michael Witt to the Dragons

Gronk

Staff member
hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha....oh god make it stop.....hahahahahahahahaha...seriously, it hurts........hahahaha

Michael Witt to the Dragons

Funny, but this is funnier

7_10_2004

Manly recruitment manager Noel Cleal said the club has snared an outstanding young player.

"At 20 years of age he is well schooled and one of the best young players in the game - he will be an asset for many years to come with his allround game and excellent goal kicking ability,"Cleal said.

http://forums.leagueunlimited.com/showthread.php?t=89751

LOL@Manly

Joely01

Bench
The dragons as a club are actually so far behind i feel bad laughing.
They don't even have club memberships available yet.
Peter Doust is a joke.

Tommy Coco

Juniors
I cant say Witt is a bad signing actually, particularly for depth, anyways I think this one is even funnier:

Canberra Raiders coach Ricky Stuart displays blatant hypocrisy over Anthony Milford saga
http://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/ca...ony-milford-saga/story-e6freuy9-1226771377886

"Like a jilted lover refusing to accept rejection, the Raiders are hanging on, desperately hoping Milford will eventually have a change of heart.

It won't happen."

Boom rookie Anthony Milford says he's told Canberra he won't play for the club in 2014
http://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/sp...the-club-in-2014/story-fni3gmmu-1226770827302

"The way the Raiders put things out, I was disappointed and shocked that they would do it that way," Milford said. "For them to put out a statement, I never expected that to come out.
"There was no talk of that, I didn't even know they were going to put out a statement.
"I spoke to Ricky (Stuart, Canberra coach) and Don Furner (CEO) last week and they said they wanted me back on December 16 for pre-season training.

"I haven't given any guarantees. Now all this has come out ... when I get home there will be some conversations going on.

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
I know a winning record in a team sport is a poor indicator of an individual's quality, but Witt's record in the NRL is pretty decent - 47 wins from 90 games (52%). By contrast, Jarryd Hayne has won less than 45% of his NRL matches.

Of course Witt's finals record is less gooder, with two wins from six (Hayne is five from eight). Interestingly, Michael Witt's first two finals appearances (2005 and 2007) were both losses against Parramatta.

And his record in England is dismal - 22 wins from 85 games.

oldmancraigy

Coach
I know a winning record in a team sport is a poor indicator of an individual's quality, but Witt's record in the NRL is pretty decent - 47 wins from 90 games (52%). By contrast, Jarryd Hayne has won less than 45% of his NRL matches.

Of course Witt's finals record is less gooder, with two wins from six (Hayne is five from eight). Interestingly, Michael Witt's first two finals appearances (2005 and 2007) were both losses against Parramatta.

Try this --> compare a players win% with their team's win % over the period of their employment at the club.

So the Eels are 39% since Hayne debuted, or 45% with him in the lineup. If you were to do this with every player and every team and weight it all evenly, it would show us that Hayne is a 58% "win score" player.

By contrast, Witt's teams went bang on 50% wins during his tenure. So, while he's "above the mean" for players in those teams, at 52% you'd consider him well withing statistical norms, surely.

For a bit of fun, check out Reni Maitua.
His winning % is just 26% when playing as a forward.
But that's unfair, because his teams were much better than that.
Factor it equity, and you see that his "win score" as a forward is a pathetic 19%. That's a LONG way from the 50% average...
No wonder we were bashing the bloke all year. He's surely one of the worst players of the modern era?

#advancedstatsworkinleaguetoo

spiderdan

Bench
Much better than his brother "f**k".
yeah he was one I was way off about. Thought he would be a star but ended up in league limbo. Too good for reserve grade and nowhere near good enough for firsts.

Brian smith had his arse chewed off by everyone's favourite shock jock for not picking him, despite Brian saying Steve had the best pass and kick at the club. Turned out smith was right.

yy_cheng

Coach

Omg poo less gooder?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts