What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumoured Signings and General Dribble XIII

Status
Not open for further replies.
he should of just called her a merkin, ;-)

vile,
grub of a women.....

just testing if these words are still allowed to be used on this site as they have the potential to upset and defame people.

OK. Well just have a think about how happy you'd be if you were the subject of the dickhead's tirade. It's a little different to us calling each other f**ksticks etc, as it is broadcast to hundreds of thousands of people, and also because the person's real world identity is there for all to see.

Maroubra Eel

Coach
OK. Well just have a think about how happy you'd be if you were the subject of the dickhead's tirade. It's a little different to us calling each other f**ksticks etc, as it is broadcast to hundreds of thousands of people, and also because the person's real world identity is there for all to see.

What he said was true.

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
Just because Hadley puts shit on some merkin, doesn't make them a good bloke. You need to get over your hate of Hadley and his listeners and look at the people he's attacking.

This scumbag should have been punished. His life should be f**ked forever; there should be no second chances for a sex offender.

But because the merkin is from a culture where men control their families, his wife is allowing him to carry on as normal. She should have taken the fish and chip shop off him and thrown the merkin out on his arse. Instead she f**king covers for him. This is Australia, cobber, she doesn't have to put up with it. That means she's to blame for denying society justice.

But because Hadley attacks her she's now a virtuous victim. It's f**ken bullshit!

Last edited:
Just because Hadley puts shit on some merkin, doesn't make them a good bloke. You need to get over your hate of Hadley and his listeners and look at the people he's attacking.

This scumbag should have been punished. His life should be f**ked forever; there should be no second chances for a sex offender.

But because the merkin is from a culture where men control their families, his wife is allowing him to carry on as normal. She should have taken the fish and chip shop off him and thrown the merkin out on his arse. Instead she f**king covers for him. This is Australia, cobber, she doesn't have to put up with it. That means she's to blame for denying society justice.

But because Hadley attacks her she's now a virtuous victim. It's f**ken bullshit!

That's certainly an interesting interpretation of what I said;-)

Delboy

First Grade
Pou, absolutely spot on :)

Raaay is no hero of mine, but the people described deserve condemnation. My kids and their children expect to be safe at work , a culture that believe girls/women can be treated disrespectfully and then supported by family are low creatures

Bigfella

Coach

There isn't even a single sentence there that is properly responsive to the points I made before.

1. I never said he was a good bloke. Couldn't have been further.

2. I don't hate Hadley or his listeners. I don't respect him. I resent the level of influence he had over public opinion and political opinion especially. I don't think he is accountable on any way let alone to the standards he tries to hold people to.

3. Whether the husband should have received a harsher sentence is not the point. Sounds about right but the full facts taken into account by the court have not been disclosed. That was not part of my point in any way.

4. If there is a cultural influence at play it seems bizarre to blame an individual woman for her cultured and heavily influenced reaction, especially where there is no suggestion she was complicit in the offence before it happened.

5. The suggestion that she is to blame for denying society justice is so preposterous and unjustified that I can only presume I you are being provocative or ironic.

6. No one said she is a "virtuous victim" and suggesting that is an irresponsible rhetorical gimmick. What has been posited is that she has not committed a crime or acted in any way to justify the intensely personal attack on her - as opposed to her husband.

7. Treating the wife as the function or product of the husband appears to be a far worse example of patriarchal culture than you accuse her of pou.

8. Bottom line is - it's not fair. Not Hadley's attack or your critique.

Last edited:
I'm with you Bigfella.

The thing is, I'd be perfectly ok with Hadley sensibly criticising the role of the wife in this sorry affair (to the extent that what he says is factual). The way he went about it and the language used is the problem. He knows full well how to push the buttons of budding members of One Nation.

If we are going to make trite generalisations about culture and protecting child abusers we don't have to look much further than religious organisation that have prominent positions in our country.

oldmancraigy

Coach
If we are going to make trite generalisations about culture and protecting child abusers we don't have to look much further than religious organisation that have prominent positions in our country.

Or to the judges, or the law enforcers, or the education systems (etc).

Frankly the whole issue has been dealt with poorly for a LONG time. No doubt the Catholic church have been amongst the worst (they don't believe they're bound by the state - so no surprise they think they should deal with it "in house") - but they aren't alone.

Or to the judges, or the law enforcers, or the education systems (etc).

Frankly the whole issue has been dealt with poorly for a LONG time. No doubt the Catholic church have been amongst the worst (they don't believe they're bound by the state - so no surprise they think they should deal with it "in house") - but they aren't alone.

Yep. Spot on.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts