What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumoured Signings and General Dribble XIII

Status
Not open for further replies.
General Dribble...

11th Most Valuable Sporting Brand:

http://au.sports.yahoo.com/league/n...o-is-australias-most-valuable-sporting-brand/

Pop quiz, what is Australia's most valuable sporting brand? You will never guess.
Brand Finance's annual list of Australia's top 20 most valuable sporting brands has just been released and the outfit sitting on the top of the pile will surprise most at first glance.
Penrith Panthers, a club with just two premierships and who have played finals joust once in the last nine years, are the country's most valuable sporting brand, valued at $46.2m
They sit above Collingwood even, who are worth $39.1m.
Despite being the most valuable brand they have been given a brand rating of AA- which makes them one of the weakest brands in the top 20.
The success of Panthers Leagues Club and other businesses has helped earn such high value for the club.
An NRL club may sit at the top of the pile but the list is dominated by AFL clubs.
There are 14 AFL clubs in the top 20 with a total brand value of $334m, compared to six NRL clubs on the list with an accumulated value of $151m.
Super Rugby, A-Leaue and Big Bash teams were included in the study but none of them made the top 20 list.
Top 20 Most Valuable Sporting Brands:
1. Penrith Panthers ($46.2)
2. Collingwood Magpies ($39.1m)
3. Canterbury-Bankstown Bulldogs ($34.5m)
4. West Coast Eagles ($32.6m)
5. Hawthorn Hawks ($27.1m)
6. Geelong Cats ($26.8m)
7. Carlton Blues ($25.3m)
8. Fremantle Dockers ($24.3m)
9. Essendon Bombers ($24.0m)
10. Sydney Swans ($22.7m)
11. Parramatta Eels ($21.3m)
12. Richmond Tigers ($21.1m)
13. Adelaide Crows ($20.9m)
14. Brisbane Lions ($20.4m)
15. Brisbane Broncos ($18.6m)
16. Port Adelaide Power ($17.8m)
17. St Kilda Saints ($16.5m)
18. Canberra Raiders ($16.0m)
19. Melbourne FC ($15.0m)
20. Sydney Roosters (14.5m)

Gronk

Staff member
I would have thought that the Wanderers would have been on top of that list ?

Chipmunk

Coach

I would like to see what indicators they used in this to establish the list. My guess is 'membership', 'merchandise sales' and 'turnover' would be high on the list of indicators.

To me it comes as no surprise that the organisation with 11 licenced clubs (I'm guessing over 100,000 members, if not considerably more), probably well over 2000 poker machines and revenue through those poker machines and other 'merchandse sales' (food and beverage) of $150 million odd, that Penrith isnt on top of the list.

Chipmunk

Coach
Good on him if he has got a contract in the UK. It is probably a couple of season deal on what he is probably on here. He realistically could play over there for more than 5 years and make some decent coin. His NRL career was pretty much over after his contract expired.

I've seen some of those players that make that Exiles team each year. Ryan has more to offer than alot of those blokes

Joshuatheeel

Staff member
According the lurker Brayden Wiliame may be of to the dragons ( but yeah I know he is already gone )

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts