What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumoured Signings and General Dribble XIII

Status
Not open for further replies.

hineyrulz

Post Whore
If we manage to hang on to all our recruits, I'm confident Ricky f**king us over will have minimal effect.

Just hope we get the next coach appointment right
If we don't lose anyone Ricky will have done us a massive favour, it won't end well for the hard working country club.

Jason70

Juniors
If we don't lose anyone Ricky will have done us a massive favour, it won't end well for the hard working country club.

We can only hope. On big sports breakfast, it was said that Ricky is trying to stop Anthony Milford leaving Canberra for personal reasons. Correct me if I am wrong but didn't RS leave parra for personal reasons. If true this bloke is the biggest hypocrite to ever be involved in the game.

jimmy77au

Juniors
Anyone else wondering what the implications will be when Parra drops Wenty as its feeder in 2015 - and Ricky & His Country Club picks them up - as is the rumour doing the rounds?

IFR33K

Coach
Anyone else wondering what the implications will be when Parra drops Wenty as its feeder in 2015 - and Ricky & His Country Club picks them up - as is the rumour doing the rounds?

Wenty can f**k off.

They been holding the eels to ransom for too long now.

About time the eels introduce their own nsw cup team.

The Colonel

Immortal

We don't send any Parramatta contracted players to Wentworthville?

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
I'm thinking something more sinister and ridiculous, like all the Eels contracted backup players magically having their fulltime contracts transferred to the Raiders.

Stagger eel

Staff member

I'm not sure where the rumour came from but when it was rumored that Melbourne would do the same a few months back it was very quickly hosed down by the officials at wenty after a bit of a backlash from parra/wenty supporters ... Parra will be affiliated with wenty next year, deal is done, the NRL is expected restructure the tiers below NRL to have secon grade or state cup as the true 2nd tier comp and all NRL club will be expected to field at team as their secon best squads meaning the wentys, newtowns, Windsor, norths etc may need to be part of the Ron Massey cup.

Stagger eel

Staff member

Wenty can f**k off.

They been holding the eels to ransom for too long now.

About time the eels introduce their own nsw cup team.

Woah woah... Hold your horses for a moment, the Melbourne was quickly hosed down by officials the theory was it was started by a coaching staff of one of teams that play in their senior comp and there was no substance to it.

IFR33K

Coach
Woah woah... Hold your horses for a moment, the Melbourne was quickly hosed down by officials the theory was it was started by a coaching staff of one of teams that play in their senior comp and there was no substance to it.

I've heard it all too often with wenty.

One year they want to join the panthers comp, the next they want to form a breakaway comp.

They been dictating terms with the eels all too long.

Western_Eel

Juniors
Meanwhile, Parramatta officials are confident Jarryd Hayne is committed to the club for the remaining two years of his contract and beyond, despite speculation linking him to Canterbury as a replacement for Ben Barba. It is also expected South Sydney hooker Nathan Peats and utility Justin Hunt will honour contracts to join Parramatta next season.

Read more: http://www.smh.com.au/rugby-league/...way-forward-20130917-2txbd.html#ixzz2f9YrAj7C
They also said this about Ricky

jimmy77au

Juniors
I'm not sure where the rumour came from but when it was rumored that Melbourne would do the same a few months back it was very quickly hosed down by the officials at wenty after a bit of a backlash from parra/wenty supporters ... Parra will be affiliated with wenty next year, deal is done, the NRL is expected restructure the tiers below NRL to have secon grade or state cup as the true 2nd tier comp and all NRL club will be expected to field at team as their secon best squads meaning the wentys, newtowns, Windsor, norths etc may need to be part of the Ron Massey cup.

Its certainly floating around the Junior League - with many kinda celebrating the idea - as it means little Johnnys parents won't necessarily cross the Highway, or head across town because it'll be perceived their son will be a) taught well enough to play NRL or b) would only be seen by scouts there. It'll be a win for some of the smaller clubs that tend to lose players to them.

JLoco

Juniors

Canberra have Mounties as their feeder at the moment so much of a muchness really. We continue to have our juniors feeding out of towners!!

TheRam

Coach
How the f**k is all this possible. Aren't all the NRL clubs territories defined and unencroachable unless redefined by the ARLC? So if so how can say Wenty or Mounties for that matter, just up and leave so to speak and become a Canberra feeder club.

I know that this is happening now with Mounties, but is it because we are so piss poor weak and never put up a proper stink about it and the two parties concerned took full advantage of our weak incompetence?

Surely if any club in any area can just go to the highest bidder so to speak then it just makes a mockery of all league territories in general. What's the point in having boarders?

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
I don't think it does have borders mate. If clubs were given clearly defined junior areas where other clubs were barred from recruiting then where's the incentive for the NRL club to give anything back to the junior club?

At least this way the junior clubs are able to look after themselves by demanding the best deal from whichever NRL club can provide it.

Also wouldn't be fair on clubs that are stuck in small geographic areas where there are f**k all kids and the ones who do don't play rugby league. Like the Chooks.

Stagger eel

Staff member
How the f**k is all this possible. Aren't all the NRL clubs territories defined and unencroachable unless redefined by the ARLC? So if so how can say Wenty or Mounties for that matter, just up and leave so to speak and become a Canberra feeder club.

I know that this is happening now with Mounties, but is it because we are so piss poor weak and never put up a proper stink about it and the two parties concerned took full advantage of our weak incompetence?

Surely if any club in any area can just go to the highest bidder so to speak then it just makes a mockery of all league territories in general. What's the point in having boarders?

There is an agreement in place between the 3 parties that they will not poach any local juniors from the area and it is solely used to have the NRL club play their contracted players in a state cup comp....

TheRam

Coach
There is an agreement in place between the 3 parties that they will not poach any local juniors from the area and it is solely used to have the NRL club play their contracted players in a state cup comp....

Thanks Stagger. Is this "agreement" being followed to the letter from what you know Stagger?

Stagger eel

Staff member
Thanks Stagger. Is this "agreement" being followed to the letter from what you know Stagger?

Pretty much, I had the same concerns some months back so I spoke to some of our officials and they've assured me of the agreements in place..

strider

Post Whore
it's ok - ricky stuart is involved with canberra now - we can trust that it'll all be sweet - ricky is trustworthy

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts