What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumoured Signings and General Dribble XIII

Status
Not open for further replies.

TheRam

Coach
If we have to unload Hayne or any of our stars then so be it. That's just how the cap works. You can't keep them all.

If SBW decided to leave the Roosters they will have a spare 3/4 of a million to pick him up.
It's sad but the talent must be shared around. That's the salary cap at work.

Would you guys rather keep all our players and play for zero competition points or lose a few and play for about eight?

Pity there isn't a salary cap for club fans. We would definitely be well and truly over it and need to shed some of our STAR performers.

Parra Pride

Referee
Can I just say that MMM are becoming the Danny Weedlers of the radio world. Joining the dots to make up a story and then using the word "might" or "could" for the sake of ratings is really lower than a snakes belly.

Case in point is that the are running with Mole's rumour that we are over the cap because we can't unload nuffies. They extrapolate that into we'll need to let Hayne go to avoid a breach. Hence the headline ...
They really should f**k right off.

At least one of them has some common sense.

"You couldn't let (Hayne) go, the Parramatta fans would go absolutely berserk and rightly so," Grill Team co-host Gus Worland added.

Joshuatheeel

Staff member
If we were really having cap issues and players had to be let go, I would release hoppa to the dogs and ask for Inu ( along with compensation). Gives us an nrl quality centre and should fix the cap issues (if we have any).

Avenger

Immortal
Such bullshit talk after a bullshit rumour that just won't go away. Does Hayne have to sign in blood t convince people? The problem with our cap this year is that Sandow is on $750k for both 2014 and 2015. Great move by Osborne and Kearney in desperate backloading. Combined with the over inflated contracts of Smith, Harrison and Ryan a problem may well exist.

jimmy77au

Juniors
All the talk of "an NRL quality centre" cracks me up - especially when it then comes to "sign Inu". If ever there was a rocks & diamonds player - its Inu. On a good day, when he decides to turn up, he's a great player. But f*** me - he can also be one of the laziest pricks in the game - i'd suggest it was a major part of the reason we let him go in the first place.

Tonga - Prior to a horror run of injuries - was an origin & Australian Player - Doesn't get more NRL Quality than that does it?

Morgan - Has proven to be more than capable in a terrible side as a Centre.

Loko - Another who has had a horrid run of injuries - but is capable - almost a full year in grade will do him better for next season.

Hopoate - Wouldn't be signed to such big coin to play Wing - surely.

Im sure there are other, young players who have had a run this season - who will be better for it next season.

muznik

Juniors
Such bullshit talk after a bullshit rumour that just won't go away. Does Hayne have to sign in blood t convince people? The problem with our cap this year is that Sandow is on $750k for both 2014 and 2015. Great move by Osborne and Kearney in desperate backloading. Combined with the over inflated contracts of Smith, Harrison and Ryan a problem may well exist.

Cha...Ching !!!

Are you serious ?!?

Well at least the gym facilities can be improved from the increased revenue of the Leagues club !

Joshuatheeel

Staff member
All the talk of "an NRL quality centre" cracks me up - especially when it then comes to "sign Inu". If ever there was a rocks & diamonds player - its Inu. On a good day, when he decides to turn up, he's a great player. But f*** me - he can also be one of the laziest pricks in the game - i'd suggest it was a major part of the reason we let him go in the first place.

Tonga - Prior to a horror run of injuries - was an origin & Australian Player - Doesn't get more NRL Quality than that does it?

Morgan - Has proven to be more than capable in a terrible side as a Centre.

Loko - Another who has had a horrid run of injuries - but is capable - almost a full year in grade will do him better for next season.

Hopoate - Wouldn't be signed to such big coin to play Wing - surely.

Im sure there are other, young players who have had a run this season - who will be better for it next season.

Obviously you are addressing this at me. I want hoppa to stay but if we are over the cap then we some how need to get back under, so I would release hoppa. As you mentioned hoppa is on a lot of money for winger. But I cant see him playing anywhere but winger/centre next year. So if the eels did have a serious cap issue releasing hoppa and getting Inu would be a good option. Our squad depth isn't affected and we getting someone with some experience. Yeah Inu does have issues but is good option if we had release hoppa.

If we do have cap issues , what other options would we have ? No one is going to pick up Harrison/smith / Ryan and do we really want to get rid of sandow and leave the squad without a halfback option ?

Last edited:

Gronk

Staff member
Who knows what he's on really. The only thing we know is that Kearney signed a dud.

WAYNE Bennett has emerged as a surprise driver behind Parramatta's strong bid to poach Chris Sandow, with the supercoach encouraging Eels management to chase the fiesty Rabbitohs half. The Daily Telegraph can reveal Bennett heartily endorsed Sandow to Parramatta Eels coach Stephen Kearney and recruitment boss Peter Nolan, prompting Parramatta to offer the 22-year-old a rich three-year contract worth $800,000.

jimmy77au

Juniors
Obviously you are addressing this me. I want hoppa to stay but if we are over the cap then we some how need to get back under, so I would release hoppa. As you mentioned hoppa is on a lot of money for winger. But I can see him playing anywhere but winger/centre next year. So if the eels did have a serious cap issue releasing hoppa and getting Inu would be a good option. Our squad depth isn't affected and we getting someone with some experience. Yeah Inu does have issues but is good option if we had release hoppa.

If we do have cap issues , what other options would we have ? No one is going to pick up Harrison/smith / Ryan and do we really want to get rid of sandow and leave the squad without a halfback option ?

sorry - Wasnt directed solely at you as plenty of others have said we must get Inu to improve our centres - and you raise a valid point if we had to let hoppa go.. But i personally wouldn't - purely because for the last 2 years while he has been on his biking expedition - we've been paying him - and need to get value for the money we have pumped into him, rather than spending on potentially developing others.

as for the cap answer - I don't know what it is. I do know that Inu is one of the laziest players going around - and he displayed that this season too - and while I would like to see him "come home" Im certain we have some good younger options who could be developed.

Joshuatheeel

Staff member
sorry - Wasnt directed solely at you as plenty of others have said we must get Inu to improve our centres - and you raise a valid point if we had to let hoppa go.. But i personally wouldn't - purely because for the last 2 years while he has been on his biking expedition - we've been paying him - and need to get value for the money we have pumped into him, rather than spending on potentially developing others.

as for the cap answer - I don't know what it is. I do know that Inu is one of the laziest players going around - and he displayed that this season too - and while I would like to see him "come home" Im certain we have some good younger options who could be developed.

I agree about your points on inu and we dont need him/another centre unless someone is release. Just not sure how this cap issue is going to play out.

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
But but but, that's what a halfback is worth.

He hasn't stopped us being able to put some quality players around him next year, including massive earners Hayne and Hopoate.

He topped our team for try assists this year despite only playing 15 games. But he does need to sort out his off field shit and get back to playing the way we know he can. Because we need his running and kicking game.

Gronk

Staff member
Let's judge him at the end of his contract, not halfway through. Just like Tony Williams at Manly and now Canterbury.

No, let's not.

He's had 2 years. He's a dud and has provided a very poor return on our investment.

:arrow:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts