What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumoured Signings and General Dribble XIII

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gary Gutful

Post Whore
So you think a team's on field results are entirely within a coach's control?

Otherwise which metrics are you, a mere spectator, able to observe in order to inform your judgement?

No but in instances where a coach hasn't delivered then I would expect them to be held accountable. Some metrics which suggest Ricky didn't perform well (accepting that he is not entirely to blame but does need to accept his share of blame):

1. We came last.
2. We played for the most part without any effort.
3. When we had the ball in our hands we rarely displayed that we knew what we were doing.
4. He publicly bagged them all and then wondered why they played without confidence.
5. Our best player openly questioned his decision making (witness Haynes reaction after Stuart told the 12 players they were shit).
6. In every post match media conference he looked to blame everyone other than himself.
7. He let his emotions cloud his judgement (witness that ludicrous spray of the refs after one of our games).
8. Not once in any interview or article of his that I have read has he ever spoken as intelligently about the game as Bennett, Sheens, Gould, Robinson, Maguire or even Gorden Tallis.

I agree that the players also need to accept blame as well and equally a strong club would hold them accountable.

My original point was the strong clubs hold people accountable for poor performance - ideally this should include coaches, players and even the guy who cleans the s-bends.

Last edited:

strider

Post Whore
I don't think Ricky achieved much at all - and the damage he did probably balanced out any good he did.

He never cleaned out the roster ... ffs nearly all the players leaving were off contract anyway - he just let time take it's course - any dumb f**k could have accomplished that.

He MAY have signed some ok players - time will tell.

But he f**ked up everyone already here mentally and the results were obvious.

Suitman

Post Whore
No but in instances where a coach hasn't delivered then I would expect them to be held accountable. Some metrics which suggest Ricky didn't perform well (excepting that he is not entirely to blame but does need to accept his share of blame):

1. We came last.
3. When we had the ball in our hands we rarely displayed that we knew what we were doing.
4. He publicly bagged them all and then wondered why they played without confidence.
5. Our best player openly questioned his decision making (witness Haynes reaction after Stuart told the 12 players they were shit).
6. In every post match media conference he looked to blame everyone other than himself.
7. He let his emotions cloud his judgement (witness that ludicrous spray of the refs after one of our games).
8. Not once in any interview or article of his that I have read has he ever spoken as intelligently about the game as Bennett, Sheens, Gould, Robinson, Maguire or even Gorden Tallis.

I agree that the players also need to accept blame as well and equally a strong club would hold them accountable.

My original point was the strong clubs hold people accountable for poor performance - ideally this should include coaches, players and even the guy who cleans the s-bends.

I don't think Ricky achieved much at all - and the damage he did probably balanced out any good he did.

He never cleaned out the roster ... ffs nearly all the players leaving were off contract anyway - he just let time take it's course - any dumb f**k could have accomplished that.

Yes and yes.

Suity

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore

When they're off contract players that no other club wants then it can be very difficult keeping them focused. Especially if they're mates with other players at the club and it's making everyone disgruntled.

On top of that he moved on Horo, Esi Tonga, Blair, Tautai, Mullaney and Maitua all with a year (or more) to run on their contracts.

Mate we know they're ok players because we've seen them play. If they come here and turn shit it's not Sticky's fault. The same thing has happened to plenty of other coaches, including Brian Smith.

Time will tell. The players have a ready made excuse for being shit this year, and it's now wearing a Raiders polo. It should be easy for these deadshits to put 2013 behind them.

phantom eel

First Grade
No but in instances where a coach hasn't delivered then I would expect them to be held accountable. Some metrics which suggest Ricky didn't perform well (accepting that he is not entirely to blame but does need to accept his share of blame):

1. We came last.

Well written. Stuart didn't really add value the way good coaches might have been expected to, even in their first seasons. We've now had two dud coaching appointments in a row, plus a bad Board decision to end one coach's contract a year early. The pressure is really one for the next (hopefully longer-term) coaching appointment, and because of the last four years of messing around the results fans are after won't come quickly.

Casper The Ghost

First Grade
Are you really bothered by them or are you just being a tool?

If they really do cause you pain I'll change them.

We're viewing the rapture unfolding before our eyes.
This is very prophetic Poo. Well Done.

image.php

Gronk

Staff member
Can I just say that MMM are becoming the Danny Weedlers of the radio world. Joining the dots to make up a story and then using the word "might" or "could" for the sake of ratings is really lower than a snakes belly.

Case in point is that the are running with Mole's rumour that we are over the cap because we can't unload nuffies. They extrapolate that into we'll need to let Hayne go to avoid a breach. Hence the headline ...
Triple M NRL ‏@TripleM_NRL Eels salary cap drama - could it force Jarryd Hayne to another club? http://bit.ly/1fVm5ri #NRL
They really should f**k right off.

hineyrulz

Post Whore
Matty Johns really has a hard on for our club ATM, not sure what we have done but the merkin has been unloading on us all season.

Joshuatheeel

Staff member
Find to hard to believe we have major cap issues, when were trying to say Izzy we were doing everything by the book.

Find to hard to believe we have major cap issues, when were trying to say Izzy we were doing everything by the book.

Yeh but we used a lot of players this year, which can have an impact on match payment bonus type things, and can then flow on to next year's cap and so on.....

So you can get in a spot of bother without doing anything dodgy.

Gronk

Staff member
Phil Gould ‏@gusgould9123m
Paul Green new Cowboys Coach .. A little birdie tells me this is so ..

Yeah well done Gus. It was in the Courier Mail this morning.

#f**kwit

lingard

Coach
Sometimes when things go wrong it's nobody's fault. A footy team is an organisation with a lot of moving parts, and thanks to the salary cap there's not a lot a coach can do to change things quickly.

Generally once a player signs a contract you're stuck with him.

And a coach.

Maroubra Eel

Coach
If we have to unload Hayne or any of our stars then so be it. That's just how the cap works. You can't keep them all.

If SBW decided to leave the Roosters they will have a spare 3/4 of a million to pick him up.
It's sad but the talent must be shared around. That's the salary cap at work.

hineyrulz

Post Whore
If we have to unload Hayne or any of our stars then so be it. That's just how the cap works. You can't keep them all.

If SBW decided to leave the Roosters they will have a spare 3/4 of a million to pick him up.
It's sad but the talent must be shared around. That's the salary cap at work.
:lol::lol::lol: Exactly right ME, it's only fair we give the other clubs a chance.

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
Would you guys rather keep all our players and play for zero competition points or lose a few and play for about eight?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts