What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumoured Signings and General Dribble XIII

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gary Gutful

Post Whore
Sometimes when things go wrong it's nobody's fault. A footy team is an organisation with a lot of moving parts, and thanks to the salary cap there's not a lot a coach can do to change things quickly.

Generally once a player signs a contract you're stuck with him.

When things go wrong, strong clubs with very clearly defined roles and responsibilities often have a good idea as to what went wrong, which people failed in their duties and why.

I get that fans often just want someone to blame but I also don't think it is healthy just to write it off and say "shit happens".

Oh and yes that is a warning

You'll understand next time you're laying in bed, and realise that you don't know where your keys are, and decide to go look for them under the coffee table, and decide to strap on the plastic to keep you warm in your quest.

Perfectly average behaviour.

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
When things go wrong, strong clubs with very clearly defined roles and responsibilities often have a good idea as to what went wrong, which people failed in their duties and why.

I get that fans often just want someone to blame but I also don't think it is healthy just to write it off and say "shit happens".

So you reckon identifying and addressing the root of a problem isn't the same thing as finding a scapegoat?

People are now saying Sticky's the worst coach we've ever had, because he left us in the lurch and merkins are vindictive. But I reckon he's had a very effective year, provided we don't lose any new recruits to out clauses. Sure it was a dismal year on the field but I think a big part of that was Sticky trying to turn the squad over too quickly. If he had shown more confidence in the squad we could have won twice as many games. We certainly wouldn't have been flogged so much.

But as it happens he did turn the squad over very quickly which gives us the chance to be very competitive next year.

hindy111

Post Whore
I dont want too see some fat ugly mole in pink undies bending over .This is a football forum.
I pay my Taxes(well when ive worked) Oh and you forget to pay the gas bill so they cut you off.What kind of society do we live in where we should help each other.THIS IS BULLSHIT.
Im having cold showers-im seeing fat moles bending over under tables.Its allgettn a bit much

hindy111

Post Whore
Nah its ok...I picked up a larger women recently and she wore pink undies : ( The worse part is i enjoyed it

Sensai Cobra

Juniors
So you reckon identifying and addressing the root of a problem isn't the same thing as finding a scapegoat?

People are now saying Sticky's the worst coach we've ever had, because he left us in the lurch and merkins are vindictive. But I reckon he's had a very effective year, provided we don't lose any new recruits to out clauses. Sure it was a dismal year on the field but I think a big part of that was Sticky trying to turn the squad over too quickly. If he had shown more confidence in the squad we could have won twice as many games. We certainly wouldn't have been flogged so much.

But as it happens he did turn the squad over very quickly which gives us the chance to be very competitive next year.

Personally, I think Ricky Stuart is the biggest f**king knob in the game. He is an arrogant twat and I really don't understand the support he seems to get in the media. His coaching credentials have massive question marks all over it. As a human I cant describe how much I loathe him. I have always despised him, yet when he became eels coach I gave him the benefit of the doubt then he turns around and dogs the eels completely. What an absolute scum bag of the highest order.

Despite all this, you are correct, if all the recruits come we will have a much improved roster next year. Ricky has started what needed to be done around our roster. Hopefully whoever is our next coach can continue this.

He is a scum bag and most likely a shit coach. BUT he has done us a massive favour with our roster in a short space time.

f**k you Ricky....but thanks all the same

Gary Gutful

Post Whore

No, what I said is that well run organisations hold people accountable for performance.

Mate, that might be your view but the majority of people (including people who aren't eels fans and aren't looking for a scapegoat) would disagree. He did not perform well against a range of metrics and clearly was not cut out for what is a challenging role. If he was working for a high performance organisation and delivered as little as he did then the reality is that he would have been held accountable for this by his managers.

I wouldn't get too carried away by the quantitative performance measures re Ricky's first year as coach, as I think it is fair to say that many of the determinants of on field success were not able to be influenced by him in 2013. However, what disappointed me was the fact that at basically no point in the season did I watch the team and think 'we at least look like a well coached team'. I don't like the bloke, and have been quite vocal in my scepticism re his coaching abilities (see multiple posts re his post-2005 coaching record), but I'm honest enough to say that I just don't know how much of our cluster f**k of a season was controllable by him.

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
No, what I said is that well run organisations hold people accountable for performance.

Mate, that might be your view but the majority of people (including people who aren't eels fans and aren't looking for a scapegoat) would disagree. He did not perform well against a range of metrics and clearly was not cut out for what is a challenging role. If he was working for a high performance organisation and delivered as little as he did then the reality is that he would have been held accountable for this by his managers.

So you think a team's on field results are entirely within a coach's control?

Otherwise which metrics are you, a mere spectator, able to observe in order to inform your judgement?

emjaycee

Coach
I wouldn't get too carried away by the quantitative performance measures re Ricky's first year as coach, as I think it is fair to say that many of the determinants of on field success were not able to be influenced by him in 2013. However, what disappointed me was the fact that at basically no point in the season did I watch the team and think 'we at least look like a well coached team'. I don't like the bloke, and have been quite vocal in my scepticism re his coaching abilities (see multiple posts re his post-2005 coaching record), but I'm honest enough to say that I just don't know how much of our cluster f**k of a season was controllable by him.

This.

And for all we know he achieved his biggest KPI in sacking the players he did. None of us know what his job description said in detail.

strider

Post Whore
i'm damn sure his job description would have included such greats as
- rubbish the playing roster to the media at every opportunity
- show lack of respect for employees infront of other employees
and best of all
- pick up another wooden sppon :thumn

and best of all

I agree with the criticism of his expectations management / blame everyone but me stuff. There's little doubt that he's a knob jockey of the highest order, but presumably the people who hired him might have guessed that. I guess the point is that it is conceivable that the board gave him a brief that accepted that the short run (2013) was going to be fairly rooted no matter what.

emjaycee

Coach
and best of all

I am not in any way supporting the methods used by RS, however it is worth recognising that in many corporations that are undergoing significant culture change it is sometimes good practice to challenge the entire workforce if only to identify those that are willing to step up and remain in the new culture.

I have personally seen this used in many companies in many industries with mixed results.

So your first two points may have been his bad attempt at this. And the spoon is an unfortunate bi-product.

And I still think Stuart is a merkin`s merkin.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts