What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumoured Signings

Cockadoodledoo

First Grade
Lol they cried poor mouth on the weekend with Origin. They brought David Mead onto the wing, played a Kiwis hooker off the bench, and brought in a former Queensland and Australian player to play halfback and a former NZ test captain to play stand off. What they get away with under the cap is a disgrace.

The bagman works his charm on the thoroughbreds even moreso than the young ladies.

blaza88z

Coach
Lol they cried poor mouth on the weekend with Origin. They brought David Mead onto the wing, played a Kiwis hooker off the bench, and brought in a former Queensland and Australian player to play halfback and a former NZ test captain to play stand off. What they get away with under the cap is a disgrace.

Hunt has never played for QLD.

davi

Juniors
New Zealand Warriors are interested in signing Melbourne's Neilson Asofa-Solomona it's been reported.

KeepingTheFaith

Referee
Joe Ofahengaue and Mania Cherrington have had some interest from the Warriors.

No idea how serious (Joe reportedly stayed back after the Broncos game and had a tour of Mt Smart for what it's worth, either that or he got lost).

Maccas4177

Juniors
I would like to say that this would never happen and point to the fact that the Broncos cap should just about be bursting at the seams as it is.

But, it is the Broncos and they seem to operate independently of any sort of logic or common practice when it comes to managing the salary cap.

For instance, if any other team had the roster the Broncos currently do and then went out and signed Sam Burgess it would cost them three or four decent first graders to squeeze him in.

The Broncos will probably just release someone like Nikorima or Benji Marshall to slot Burgess in and no one at the NRL will bat an eyelid.

So, yeah. Whatever.

All they need to do is release a few cheerleaders from the reserve squad and they'll be sweet. Lots of cash saved right there

Iafeta

Referee
Joe Ofahengaue and Mania Cherrington have had some interest from the Warriors.

No idea how serious (Joe reportedly stayed back after the Broncos game and had a tour of Mt Smart for what it's worth, either that or he got lost).

Was he still trying to find a hit up? I'm sure last year he had 31 minutes, 0 hit ups and 4 missed tackles. Sounds like a good fit I guess?

KeepingTheFaith

Referee
Was he still trying to find a hit up? I'm sure last year he had 31 minutes, 0 hit ups and 4 missed tackles. Sounds like a good fit I guess?

Lol that was last year wasn't it? Hooked after 26 minutes, team down 18-0, zero runs for zero metres.

He really took a confidence hit from that game and struggled for the rest of the year.

Been pretty strong in QLD Cup and solid production from limited minutes since coming back to first grade.

Put it this way, he would be an upgrade on Gubb.

Spot On

Coach
Bloke I can't stand Jimmy Smith on BSB claiming a whisper going round that Cooper Cronk will be at the Roosters next season.

Yes, I know...

Don't shoot the messenger.

POPEYE

Coach
Bloke I can't stand Jimmy Smith on BSB claiming a whisper going round that Cooper Cronk will be at the Roosters next season.

Yes, I know...

Nick is my hero . . . I'm going to rewatch both Godfather 1 & 2 today and imagine Waldron being the one strangled from the back seat

Radical Rat

Juniors

Yes, I know...

Yes but rumour has it they might have to lose Lindsay Collins to fit him in.

Yes, I know...

That'll work well for them. They'll just shift Keary back to reserve grade and Cronk can play 5/8.

Keary will make perfect Origin coverage.