What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumoured Signings

Vic Mackey

Referee
His best position is right centre. There's plenty of dragons supporters (me included) who think he is the best right centre at the club. He's big and aggressive, and as LG said he has a great left fend, also good footwork and can beat his opposite centre on the inside or the outside. Can find his winger too.

Only flaw in his game is his defensive reads sometimes, but it's hard to gauge how bad that is, since our right side structures have had issues all year.

Mainly right side. Has a strong left fend. Was good for us last year(one of the few shining lights)but Lafai trained well in the off season and got first shot and hasn't looked back. Hoping it's not true but you can't keep everyone(unless you are the Broncs!).

Cheers guys. I remember in the game we played against saints last year he caused us a lot of trouble. Right center has been an issue for us for a number of years so guessing he will a lot straight in there. Suli played all his juniours on the right so thought he might have gone back there but he's looked pretty at home on the left so far.

Life's Good

Coach
Cheers guys. I remember in the game we played against saints last year he caused us a lot of trouble. Right center has been an issue for us for a number of years so guessing he will a lot straight in there. Suli played all his juniours on the right so thought he might have gone back there but he's looked pretty at home on the left so far.
No problem. As Canberra are a source of our players, we appear to be a source of players for the Tigers. No more ok.

Tommy Smith

Referee
Lol they cried poor mouth on the weekend with Origin. They brought David Mead onto the wing, played a Kiwis hooker off the bench, and brought in a former Queensland and Australian player to play halfback and a former NZ test captain to play stand off. What they get away with under the cap is a disgrace.
If you think it's bad now just wait until they make a 1m a year play for Ash Taylor come November 1. Not to mention the homesick GI.

Boyd
Milf
Bird
Taylor
GI

All on close to 1m each is a real possibility I reckon. With only half that value under the cap. The rest courtesy of the thoroughbreds.

Cockadoodledoo

First Grade
If you think it's bad now just wait until they make a 1m a year play for Ash Taylor come November 1. Not to mention the homesick GI.

Boyd
Milf
Bird
Taylor
GI

All on close to 1m each is a real possibility I reckon. With only half that value under the cap. The rest courtesy of the thoroughbreds.

They can have GI, his career is done after this knee injury.

Tiger5150

Bench
Apparently the Connor Watson to Tigers rumour has been revived. Can't believe I'd say this but not sure where he fits in next years team.

Inglis, Gray, Goodwin, Johnston, my friend Dane, Walker, Reynolds, Maloney

That's a lot of rep players in the backline, surely they can't keep them all.

Perhaps there is some legs in the 'Walker to Storm' situation.

morley101

Juniors
Maloney doesn't need to ask for a release, his contract has an option for a 3rd year if he chooses to take it up..

Inglis, Gray, Goodwin, Johnston, my friend Dane, Walker, Reynolds, Maloney

That's a lot of rep players in the backline, surely they can't keep them all.

Perhaps there is some legs in the 'Walker to Storm' situation.

If Maloney is signed then Walker will be released.

Don't know if you've been following the rumors of late but Gray, Goodwin and Johnston are all rumored to be heading elsewhere, so yeah, you're basically on the money.

Maloney has come out and squashed that rumour.

Sharks said there is nothing to the rumour as well and Maloney will be in Sharks colours in 2018.

So Souths fans keep dreaming.

Spot On

Coach
Maloney has come out and squashed that rumour.

Sharks said there is nothing to the rumour as well and Maloney will be in Sharks colours in 2018.

So Souths fans keep dreaming.

Mate, Souths are going like busteds. If McGuire stays he must turn over the roster. They will do anything to get a player like Maloney.

Charlie124

First Grade
If Maloney is signed then Walker will be released.

Don't know if you've been following the rumors of late but Gray, Goodwin and Johnston are all rumored to be heading elsewhere, so yeah, you're basically on the money.

Yep, four cheap players out, one pricey player in. The NRL works like that....

*no, it doesn't.

Latest posts