What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumoured Signings

Fox Sports News reported just a few minutes ago that Aiden Guerra is in talks to sign with the Newcastle Knights on a 2 year deal.

Reactions: OVP

POPEYE

Coach
Not in your eyes.

Izzy loves being poached. He finds it profitable. Broncos, Giants and Waratahs know he loves a good poaching.
It was a query more than a statement . . . nah, really it was a pisstake . . . even if I would regard Izzy or Inglis back to Melbourne as deja vu. Maloney would be a stretch though

POPEYE

Coach
So Newcastle have a clean out and then they sign Aiden Guerra?

Lol

Nathan Brown that is all.
If you watched Brown in the after game presser he explained fully what he's trying to do, depends if you think Guerra is 'an experienced player' to lead the Newcastle adolescents. I remember Gibson bringing Stumpy Stevens and Steve Edge to lead the way for Sterlo and crew

On the Triple M broadcast at 5.00 pm on Saturday, they reported that Aiden Guerra had signed with the Knights on a 3 year deal. I have been unable to find any official confirmation of this anywhere else (e.g. there is nothing ahbout this on the Knights website). The way the guys on Triple M announced it they made out it was official.

Edit: Found an article on Triple M's website - https://www.triplem.com.au/sport/nr...-has-inked-million-dollar-deal-with-newcastle

Triple M are taking a tweet from Phil Rothfield as making it "official". I think I'll wait till the Newcastle Knights do that. Rothfield is not the Knights CEO, Chairman nor Coach.

Last edited:

POPEYE

Coach
On the Triple M broadcast at 5.00 pm on Saturday, they reported that Aiden Guerra had signed with the Knights on a 3 year deal. I have been unable to find any official confirmation of this anywhere else (e.g. there is nothing ahbout this on the Knights website). The way the guys on Triple M announced it they made out it was official.

Edit: Found an article on Triple M's website - https://www.triplem.com.au/sport/nr...-has-inked-million-dollar-deal-with-newcastle

Triple M are taking a tweet from Phil Rothfield as making it "official". I think I'll wait till the Newcastle Knights do that. Rothfield is not the Knights CEO, Chairman nor Coach.
Guerra merely rubbing the writing off the wall for the time being . . . he may be more useful to Newcastle than people imagine

Life's Good

Coach

Rothfield isn't a journalist either.

Pedge1971

First Grade
Guerra's signing proves you don't have to go to England for a retirement pay day.

Serious question cause I havent seen a lot of him this year. Is he that bad or just below his previous high standard. Saw him today and he looked pretty good on the edge.

Not Boyd Cordner good but good.

Serious question cause I havent seen a lot of him this year. Is he that bad or just below his previous high standard. Saw him today and he looked pretty good on the edge.

Not Boyd Cordner good but good.
Today was his first good game in a while.

He was really good from 2010-2014 for us but after that he just lost it.

Hope he performs well for the Knights though.

Latest posts