What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumoured Signings

Pete Cash

Post Whore
Clay priest isnt very good.

Sam williams is alright but just not quite good enough to be a nrl player. I reckon we are in trouble if he is stuarts plan for the year in the 7.

POPEYE

Coach
Clay priest isnt very good.

Sam williams is alright but just not quite good enough to be a nrl player. I reckon we are in trouble if he is stuarts plan for the year in the 7.
Wonder if Canberra is close enough to Sydney for Cronk's lady

POPEYE

Coach
They probably want the shield more than the gf
Not sure The Shield or close to it on a regular basis would be in Penrith's near future, they could easily win a gf or 2 if Maloney's attention span was elongated . . . you need a culture to be an annual Shield threat, the Moylan Affair and episodes like it are not conducive

big hit!

Bench
Wonder how Dogs and Souths fans think about this one.

"Brett Morris to the South Sydney Rabbitohs & Hymel Hunt to the Canterbury Bulldogs in a player trade is almost a done deal. An official announcement from both clubs should come soon."

prefer to bring in a kid to be honest. morris is a bit injury prone too

big hit!

Bench
How the mighty have fallen.

i'd say despite both clubs moving on with new coaches, souths are a tad more stable at the mo. and your mob? they're obviously comfortable with mediocrity.

and they're most recent premiership winners ahead of both canterbury and st merge

Life's Good

Coach
i'd say despite both clubs moving on with new coaches, souths are a tad more stable at the mo. and your mob? they're obviously comfortable with mediocrity.

and they're most recent premiership winners ahead of both canterbury and st merge

Our club needs to grow up and move away from the boys club mentality that has been evident since Bennett left. That nepotism has left us with 2 out of depth rookie coaches where our next premiership looks a long way away.

Out of curiosity, who do you support??

big hit!

Bench
Our club needs to grow up and move away from the boys club mentality that has been evident since Bennett left. That nepotism has left us with 2 out of depth rookie coaches where our next premiership looks a long way away.

Out of curiosity, who do you support??

souffs......the confusion probably stems from the fact that i always refer to the club as they/them/those dickheads, etc i can have a bit of fun with my team don't worry...i know they're f**k ups

at least neither of us support the tigers, right?! you'd have to hate yourself to go through life following them

and as i said in the post before responding to yours, not really excited about morris making the move to the inner-city. i would prefer they focus on bringing some kids through, or recruiting young potential.

Last edited:

Souths Till I Die

First Grade
souffs......the confusion probably stems from the fact that i always refer to the club as they/them/those dickheads, etc i can have a bit of fun with my team don't worry...i know they're f**k ups

at least neither of us support the tigers, right?! you'd have to hate yourself to go through life following them

and as i said in the post before responding to yours, not really excited about morris making the move to the inner-city. i would prefer they focus on bringing some kids through, or recruiting young potential.

Hahaha talk about a cheap shot at the tigers.

I think you'll definitely find Souths are promoting their juniors but I also think Seibold has a ridiculous amount of pressure to get us into the top 8. Richo has stated that he thinks we have the roster putting the blame on Madge. The Morris move is an aggressive one that's for sure...

SBD82

Coach
Hahaha talk about a cheap shot at the tigers.

I think you'll definitely find Souths are promoting their juniors but I also think Seibold has a ridiculous amount of pressure to get us into the top 8. Richo has stated that he thinks we have the roster putting the blame on Madge. The Morris move is an aggressive one that's for sure...
I don't think Morris is necessarily a bad signing, but I can see the following scenario playing out:

Start the year with Morris and Johnstone on the wing. Inglis fullback.

Inglis gets season ending injury in the early rounds.

Johnstone plays fullback, has two bad games. Coach gets pressure, moves Morris there.

Morris gets injured with heavier workload. Johnstone moved back to fullback, but confidence shot after being dropped.

Souths come 12th - 14th.

Clifferd

Coach

Hey leave my tigs out of the conversation...they do enough to embarrass themselves as it is

Souths Till I Die

First Grade
I don't think Morris is necessarily a bad signing, but I can see the following scenario playing out:

Start the year with Morris and Johnstone on the wing. Inglis fullback.

Inglis gets season ending injury in the early rounds.

Johnstone plays fullback, has two bad games. Coach gets pressure, moves Morris there.

Morris gets injured with heavier workload. Johnstone moved back to fullback, but confidence shot after being dropped.

Souths come 12th - 14th.

I can see exactly the same thing but I hope Seibold isn't stupid enough to move johnston out of the position after 2 games. You need to push through with the younger players. If Morris is signed I would assume he stays on the wing. I still rate him as a player.

OVP

Coach
Richo has stated that he thinks we have the roster putting the blame on Madge.

haha Fat Richo would think that, wouldn't he ? The guy is a leech.

Seriously, take a look at the quality Mark Hughes attracted to your club, and take a look who Fat Richo attracted. Hughes won that premiership for you imo. He proved himself to be quite a talented recruitment scout. Does anyone know what Mark is doing these days ? Tell you what, he'd be a handy acquisition to a lot of clubs atm, including my own.

Souths Till I Die

First Grade

Seriously, take a look at the quality Mark Hughes attracted to your club, and take a look who Fat Richo attracted. Hughes won that premiership for you imo. He proved himself to be quite a talented recruitment scout. Does anyone know what Mark is doing these days ? Tell you what, he'd be a handy acquisition to a lot of clubs atm, including my own.

Couldn't agree more. I would have preferred Madge to stay over Richo. I just hope Souths haven't f**ked up too badly here.

Reactions: OVP

Mr_Raditch

Juniors

He's moved into player management, according to what G.HUGHES said on his radio show yesterday.

Reactions: OVP

OVP

Coach
He's moved into player management, according to what G.HUGHES said on his radio show yesterday.

Cheers man, appreciated. It's almost an incredible waste of talent. But there's probably more money in player management so good luck to him.

Latest posts