What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumoured Signings

Incorrect

Coach
Do you actually believe he can recapture his best form if he somehow need up at Parra??
'His' best form? As in, some of the shit he pulled in 09 and occasionally in 2014? No, I think all of that stuff is beyond him now... But if he could get his body right, and more importantly his attitude right, I still think he could bring a lot to the table for any team. Thing is, with the likes of Moses, Norman, Guth, Jennings, French and Co there aren't too many places in the backline he demands a spot judging him on 2017 form... Straight swap for Radradra looks about right if he shed a few kilos... But would his ego handle being a winger?? Doubtful...

Life's Good

Coach
'His' best form? As in, some of the shit he pulled in 09 and occasionally in 2014? No, I think all of that stuff is beyond him now... But if he could get his body right, and more importantly his attitude right, I still think he could bring a lot to the table for any team. Thing is, with the likes of Moses, Norman, Guth, Jennings, French and Co there aren't too many places in the backline he demands a spot judging him on 2017 form... Straight swap for Radradra looks about right if he shed a few kilos... But would his ego handle being a winger?? Doubtful...
He did start on the wing and played SOO on the wing but you’re right about the ego thing because he doesn’t seem the person to eat humble pie(too many acolytes pumping his tyres). One of the best highlight reels though.
Out of curiosity, would Parra fans want him back(if he swallowed his pride)?

Incorrect

Coach
He did start on the wing and played SOO on the wing but you’re right about the ego thing because he doesn’t seem the person to eat humble pie(too many acolytes pumping his tyres). One of the best highlight reels though.
Like I said before, there's a certain romance in the idea that Hayne could come back, the prodigal son and be a part of something special... And I was pretty gutted/shocked when he signed with the Titans last year. But when it came to light that BA basically had a figure in mind that he would not go above and stuck to his guns because he had the bigger picture in mind, that's when it became the right decision... I think most rational parra fans would welcome Hayne back if BA brought him back, because he'd be doing it because he thinks he offers value somewhere, but beyond that, we're not too fussed if he plays for the gold Coast, Fiji or New York...

Life's Good

Coach
Like I said before, there's a certain romance in the idea that Hayne could come back, the prodigal son and be a part of something special... And I was pretty gutted/shocked when he signed with the Titans last year. But when it came to light that BA basically had a figure in mind that he would not go above and stuck to his guns because he had the bigger picture in mind, that's when it became the right decision... I think most rational parra fans would welcome Hayne back if BA brought him back, because he'd be doing it because he thinks he offers value somewhere, but beyond that, we're not too fussed if he plays for the gold Coast, Fiji or New York...
No doubt BA has the best interests of the team at heart to override the emotion of a Hayne comeback and what that might have meant. A top 4 finish proved that I guess.

Last Week

Bench
I loved Jarryd at Parra and I still think he has a lot to offer any team. He just needs to change his role. I think he needs to move into a 5/8 role and learn the position well. Someone of his skill, experience and stature needs to take control and responsibility for his team.

Should he come back to Parramatta? No. We're on a good thing with Norman, Moses, French and Guth. It's working. Having Jarryd in the mix is just another chef we don't need.

Eelementary

Post Whore

I would not want him back.

I've no doubt that Hayne's heart is Blue and Gold, and he'd give more of himself than he has at the Titans.

But his poor attitude to training and drifting in and out of games is not what Parramatta is about now.

Yes, the Eels are inconsistent - but that's more to do with youth and inexperience.

Pass.

Life's Good

Coach
I would not want him back.

I've no doubt that Hayne's heart is Blue and Gold, and he'd give more of himself than he has at the Titans.

But his poor attitude to training and drifting in and out of games is not what Parramatta is about now.

Yes, the Eels are inconsistent - but that's more to do with youth and inexperience.

Pass.
It’s pretty clear that BA is driving a team first culture with no room for egos. From the outside looking in you guys seem to be in a good place. How you progress in 2018 will be an interesting story with the inevitable attention your Top 4 finish will bring.

Latest posts