What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumoured targets 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

Allstar Knights

Juniors
Great game by Tom. Ran over no one, no tackle breaks, no offloads, an error. Some good metres but then again when wa the last time anyone without the last name Burgess actually did more than 5% of the effort?

Buying him at a low price, yeah, happy to but you're f**king delusional if you think he's worth paying overs for.
Was no worse than George today but I guess he must be a park footballer as well.

Swarzey

Bench
Tom played better than all our props bar Snowden.

You're wrong, just admit it

Sims was excellent. Could hardly fault him tonight.

We're talking as if he's a high, in-demand prop and worth bidding against teams like the Warriors and Manly who have cash to splash when really, the only thing that's going to get him into the starting 13 is on hype alone. I'm not going to back down from this, he did absolutely nothing to change my view today and I'm still struggling to think of any instance where he was impressive.

Allstar Knights

Juniors
Sims was excellent. Could hardly fault him tonight.

We're talking as if he's a high, in-demand prop and worth bidding against teams like the Warriors and Manly who have cash to splash when really, the only thing that's going to get him into the starting 13 is on hype alone. I'm not going to back down from this, he did absolutely nothing to change my view today and I'm still struggling to think of any instance where he was impressive.
You're the one who labelled Tom as a park footballer, which clearly he is better than that.

He was just as good as good as Korbin today ... I know you hate Souths, but come on.

Swarzey

Bench
You're the one who labelled Tom as a park footballer, which clearly he is better than that.

He was just as good as good as Korbin today ... I know you hate Souths, but come on.

Park footy is a bit too much, but I genuinely don't see him as anything more than a bench player.

Frederick

Staff member
Park footy is a bit too much, but I genuinely don't see him as anything more than a bench player.

If we sign him to be a bench player then I'd be f**king ecstatic as it would spell the end of Houston or Faalogo. When was the last time either of them posted three straight 100+ metre matches from the bench?

Swarzey

Bench
If we sign him to be a bench player then I'd be f**king ecstatic as it would spell the end of Houston or Faalogo. When was the last time either of them posted three straight 100+ metre matches from the bench?

I would love for him to be on our bench, but again, not if it means paying overs.

We all know the talent we have, we just need to painstakingly endure this next week to see at least one of them dropped. Rochow, assuming he'll come off the bench, will hit 100m. Easily.

Choppy182

Juniors
Has anybody heard more news on Greg Bird in talks with Newcastle? Last I heard there were "rumours" going around he has put his Gold Coast house up for sale and was looking at Newcastle to finish up his career, as he grew up there.

If we lose Beau we definitely will need Birdy. Jez is 35 in July. That is a monumental forward depth depletion if both are not here in 2016. I think Nate Myles is a definite possible as well unless Storm get him. Nate is very close to Macca (Alex)! Probably means nowt in his decision processes but every bit helps.

Last edited:

Yosh

Coach
Who is Macca?

I think tonight showed why we need someone like Bird. He wouldn't have stood around just watching Mullen do terrible kicks one after the other. He would have taken the inititive to get some points on the board.

11. Rochow
12. Tariq Sims
13. Bird

Looks like there are some points in that back row.

Noname36

First Grade
Bird doesn't impress me much these days. I doubt it'd happen anyway with the club's talk about the type of person you need to be to be recruited to the club.

Whats Doing

Bench
I wouldn't mind having a play at Jayden Nikorima who is off contract this year to finally get a decent and consistent half/5/8. Apparently St George are making enquiries.

Also Elgey is a very good organising and kicking half who is currently NRL standard and has shown plenty of skill. With Cherry Evans being the Titans half next year, he might not want to play 5/8 or second string to Cherry Evans.

Last edited:

PhilGould

Bench
I wouldn't mind having a play at Jayden Nikorima who is off contract this year to finally get a decent and consistent half/5/8. Apparently St George are making enquiries.

Also Elgey is a very good organising and kicking half who is currently NRL standard and has shown plenty of skill. With Cherry Evans being the Titans half next year, he might not want to play 5/8 or second string to Cherry Evans.
How is Jayden Nikorima a consistent half? He hasn't even played first grade yet. If we're taking a chance on a young half it may as well be Lamb or Cogger.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts