What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumoured targets 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

Choppy182

Juniors
Who is Macca?

I think tonight showed why we need someone like Bird. He wouldn't have stood around just watching Mullen do terrible kicks one after the other. He would have taken the inititive to get some points on the board.

11. Rochow
12. Tariq Sims
13. Bird

Looks like there are some points in that back row.

Alex McKinnon.

I agree Bird would be a great asset but I'm not confident he can stay out of the headlines. The club is a great point right now we don't need to risk on a player he can potentially tarnish what we have. Granted, if he can turn a leaf he'll be a great buy.

macavity

Referee
How is Jayden Nikorima a consistent half? He hasn't even played first grade yet. If we're taking a chance on a young half it may as well be Lamb or Cogger.

Pretty sure Lamb and Cogger are 18 and 17 respectively, and both still look like boys. Like the rest of you I have high hopes, but they would be snapped in half if we put them up before they fill out.

Feeney in NSW Cup goes ok (big for a half and plays angry) and might be a stop gap if we are going to give up on Roberts, but not sure we are there just yet. And even if we are, Stone surely isn't - we will see Gidley in the 7 (and Sione at 1) before anyone else.

I certainly wouldn't be recruiting from NSW Cup or NYC to replace him when we aren't likely to get anyone much better than players already in our system.

RE Bird - definitely would want him. Plastic only in the clubhouse though.

PhilGould

Bench
If we're looking for a new half I think we should make a play for Hodkinson. He's not outstanding but he's good at organising a team, has a solid kicking game and also a great goal kicker. He'd take a lot of pressure off Mullen.

macavity

Referee
Watching Catalans play, would love to get Carney back. He is several classes above ESL.

A Carney/Mullen halves combo would be spectacular.

Could save on half time entertainment too. I say we strap a go-pro to him on Friday and Saturday night and just play a montage of the footage at half time. Would beat giant loafs of bread racing, or people breaking their ankles, or whatever else we have been subjected to.

Carney and Bird and we are contenders for both the premiership and penitentiary.

Whats Doing

Bench
Elgey will be the best of them all. It is no coincidence that the Titans have come good since he has come into NRL. He has the skill set that not many have including Carney, Mulllins and Roberts.

Another man of the match performance with 2 tries, 2 try assists and putting players through gaps has shown the rare skills he possess.

Joel-22

Juniors
We desperately need a half and 5/8. Whatever happened to Beau Henry?
Also would anyone else be keen on Luke Walsh right now? He'd walk into our current side....though the same could be said about many of the under 14s I coach

Spot On

Coach
We desperately need a half and 5/8. Whatever happened to Beau Henry?
Also would anyone else be keen on Luke Walsh right now? He'd walk into our current side....though the same could be said about many of the under 14s I coach

Walsh has some good points I admit. Not sure he is a step forward though.

Henry would make a good country footballer.

aqua_duck

Coach
Walsh would be a great depth signing, I'd go after Mitch Cornish from the raiders, will be stuck behind a lot of players next year

aqua_duck

Coach
So there would be a reason he'd be stuck behind a lot of players..

Next year he'll be stuck behind 2 pretty good halves who's walk straight into our side in Blake Austin and Aiden Sezar, he's also abit younger than those guys who he's stuck behind

perverse

Referee
Cornish was a very highly rated junior down there, and would probably come dirt cheap. Would be worth a punt on. Could turn out to be another Beau Henry or Michael Dobson... but nothing ventured, nothing gained.

Frederick

Staff member
Cornish was a very highly rated junior down there, and would probably come dirt cheap. Would be worth a punt on. Could turn out to be another Beau Henry or Michael Dobson... but nothing ventured, nothing gained.

But run the risk of losing feeney, lamb or cogger on the off chance Cornish "might" come good

perverse

Referee
But run the risk of losing feeney, lamb or cogger on the off chance Cornish "might" come good
How do you figure? If they are any better than Cornish, then run them instead. You'd almost get Cornish on 2nd tier money at the moment - especially with a clear path to first grade.

I'm not a big Feeney fan, as a halfback especially... and Lamb and Cogger are both a while off yet by any and all accounts. I don't see this risk you're talking about.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts