What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumoured targets 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

Swarzey

Bench
Didn't we sign Minto as a halfback last season but wasted him at fullback and wondered why the f**k we signed him? idk about anyone else but I saw him as a decent halve in NSW Cup and thought he was more than capable of filling the role in NRL; could have complimented Mullen well, was on a little too. Ah well.

Really, any halfback struggling to get a start in NSW and QLD Cup is worth a look at. They'll be cheap and worth the effort without any real consequence with enough room in the cap to get some impact bench players.

Joker's Wild

Coach
Yeah Im not sure what happened with Minto. Was great for Mackay and I really thought he was going to push Roberts for a FG spot but just seemed to go right off the boil

Plays for the Capras now who are going like busteds. Doubt we'll see him near an NRL club again

I think Luke Walsh would be a very astute signing personally. he has been very good for St Helens and unfortunately has been injured for the best part of the last 12 months. Still has the organisation skills needed and has always been blessed with a very classy short passing game. He would be exactly what Mullo needs. The way Walsh was coached at Penrith took away from his strengths.

Last edited:

AusKnightRKO

First Grade
Hastings would be a great buy, great replacement for gidley, but need to find a good young prop, even if we need to look at england.

aqua_duck

Coach
I like Hastings but he doesn't really have a set position and he wouldn't come cheap. In regards to Cornish, I rate him a lot higher than Feeney, and I think he's got a better halfback skill set than Tyrone. Lamb and Cogger are still kids and are at least 18 months off (Cogger probably at least 2 years off). In any case I think Cornish could either be a good steady halfback or a good depth option who wouldn't cost an arm and a leg.

otori

Juniors
Stone has said he's looking to buy one or two forwards in the fan email. Lol he said something like it's getting harder and harder to sign players cause they're more expensive. Oh dear.

Whats Doing

Bench
Stone has said he's looking to buy one or two forwards in the fan email. Lol he said something like it's getting harder and harder to sign players cause they're more expensive. Oh dear.

Well he needs to use his brain and get rid of nuffies who are taking up valuable cap space such Fa'alongo, Houston, Newton. I am not that sold on Matora either.

Hello, I'm The Doctor

First Grade

I like that theyre sharing this stuff with fans...

I wouldnt expect them to name players before they had a signature (it'd be massively unprofessional if they did), but a general comentary on the long term plans for reshaping the team will be great for community confidence.

I know a lot of people talked shit on Gus and Penrith for their "5 year plan" buzzword, but for their target audience that would have gone down very well.

harrywilliams

Juniors
Stone mentioned we're after a quality forward to replace Scott, prob not the popular opinion but hopefully that means Myles or Bird.

Both seem genuinely on the outer and could be targets. Myles would solve our prop issue, Bird would solve our loss of Scott issue.

Both would give reinstall experience and leadership that we lose with Scott. We'd stiill need to recruit another forward on top of one of these which Stone alluded to.

Here is my issue. When was the last time you read about a top line Knights player taking a pay cut to bring a Myles or Bird to the club so it could make us stronger? Answer. Never. I am sure Stoney wants to bring Myles here. who wouldn't? The problem is other players on inflated deals will not accept less to bring in a bloke who had earned the right to command that money. Myles is worth every cent of 500 k IMO.

Nuffy

Bench
Here is my issue. When was the last time you read about a top line Knights player taking a pay cut to bring a Myles or Bird to the club so it could make us stronger? Answer. Never. I am sure Stoney wants to bring Myles here. who wouldn't? The problem is other players on inflated deals will not accept less to bring in a bloke who had earned the right to command that money. Myles is worth every cent of 500 k IMO.

I agree with the sentiment but there is little chance managers would allow it.

More simply, the club needs to better manage its cap better.

Yosh

Coach
I'd throw all of our money on Myles, Bird and Trent Hodkinson. Try our best to sign at least two of them, any combo of the two and I'd be mega happy.

Swarzey

Bench
Everyone seems to be headed to the Raiders nowadays.

Anyways, sucks if it happens but again, like Scott, we're not f**ked with his departure and it means our backline is set for the next few years. Plenty of cap space for 2016 but hopefully it's used wisely. We've got some tremendous f**king talent at the club and we should put them first before hitting the market.

Status
Not open for further replies.