What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumoured targets 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tom155

Coach
Good news for Pete, he shouldn't have too much trouble seeing first grade down there.

Have you heard anything on Jackson Hastings, rnb? I heard we were one of the clubs scrambling over his signature... and I know he hasn't signed anywhere yet? Realistically I'd say there are probably more attractive suitors as far as clubs go, but with Bennett here you can always hope for a sneaky coup signing, I suppose.
I think he went to the roosters

Tom155

Coach
According to the Mole in RLW we have signed a couple of 16 year old kids from NZ a outside back in Brody Lam & a prop in Marvin Tauhinu

also from the mole

Broncos were trying to get us to swap Roberts for Wallace but Bennett said no

voltron

Juniors
lol
roberts for wallace
what are they smoking thinking that we'd even entertain the thought...

aqua_duck

Coach
chanel likely going too. Other 2 brothers looking to stay. good move for the boys i think

nothing on hastings could not match it with roosters

I think Pat and Sione would've overtaken Pete and Chanel in the depth chart by the end of next year anyway, the younger two have a lot more potential (and size).

mean_maori_mean

Juniors
According to the Mole in RLW we have signed a couple of 16 year old kids from NZ a outside back in Brody Lam & a prop in Marvin Tauhinu

also from the mole

Broncos were trying to get us to swap Roberts for Wallace but Bennett said no

They arent 16.

Tauhinu is 18 - he has a league background but captained his first XV

Lam is a rugby background ...his dady or uncle coach The Auckland Blues rugby team a few years back.

Both quality.

Don't put us out of Ferguson contention. Mundine wants a strong mentor for Blake. Anthony has lots of time for Newy after we hosted his fights.

Joker's Wild

Coach
Personally, I wouldnt want him anyway. Not because he is a crap player or human, but because we dont need another centre as much as we need a decent attacking backrower and prop.

Simply put, our money would be better spent elsewhere

Noname36

First Grade
We have absolutely no need for him. I think we need to accept that unfortunately we still have Boyd on the books for the next two years at least and as a result we don't have room for any more outside backs. Unless we get rid of Gagai, BJ, Aku or Jimmy which is crazy talk.

If we have any cap space left when Bedsy and Gower retire and Nev moves on we should save it IMO as there isn't much on the market and the moment a quality ball playing forward becomes available we pounce.

Rod

Bench
We don't need outside backs. I don't think it's much of an exaggeration to say that we have one of the strongest 1-5 in the comp.

At this stage for 2015 we need to throw the chequebook at a class hooker and/or a big name forward.

perverse

Referee
Bugger a class hooker... I have total faith in Clydesdale under Bennett's tutelage. Have Gids fill in at hooker until Clydesdale is ready for the full time gig. He's got real class, that kid.

Knight Vision

First Grade
Bugger a class hooker... I have total faith in Clydesdale under Bennett's tutelage. Have Gids fill in at hooker until Clydesdale is ready for the full time gig. He's got real class, that kid.

I've heard this guys name mentioned before. Is he a Kangaroo junior or junior rep? What's the buzz with him? the next Cam Smith ? or just a good first grader ?

I honestly think Clydesdale is the next big thing for us. He is the stand out 20s player. He's the captain, a leader, has a fantastic kicking game. I don't know what Wayne's plans are for him though, hooker is a tough position in the NRL so he probably doesn't want to throw him in the deep end.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts