What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumoured targets 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

Noname36

First Grade
He's exactly the type of player we need...

Meaning the club wouldn't think of it so it's probably bullshit lol.

His game is the perfect fit for mullen. A genuine halfback who can organise the team. I always had faith that our club would get shit done tbh.:sarcasm:

aqua_duck

Coach
Why does that matter? We we're never going to sign anyone else decent for next year and we've retained everyone we wanted to.

Because if we're paying him crazy money it won't be just for one year, it will be for 3 year minimum, also Hodkinson will not do shit behind our pack

Loose Cannon

Bench
Wally Lewis just said on the news that hodkinson is going to sign with us

Wow hey...

I'm not opposed to it. He will be better than Tyrone and could let Mullen have his best season ever.

Honestly I hope he does. Would be the best halves partner Mullen ever had

Agree with everything here. Hodkinson has been going busted arse but he would be the "general" on the field. Personally, i see Mullen getting the captaincy next year, i think the responsibility helps his confidence. Hokko could organise the play aswell and give Jarrod a deputy he could rely on. Would be great for Mullen's game, would allow him to run more, which is what he needs to do. Plus, a left/right kicking game second to none.

Noname36

First Grade
Because if we're paying him crazy money it won't be just for one year, it will be for 3 year minimum, also Hodkinson will not do shit behind our pack

The positive of Hodkinson is that he's steady and composed. He might not do much behind our pack - in general he's not a great flashy player - but he isn't going to actively kill us like Roberts does either so for that alone I think it would be really positive signing. We need composure and organisation in the side badly and Hodkinson has that. He's not creative by any means but Mullen can do that while not having to worry about the organisation stuff that he struggles with.

aqua_duck

Coach
I remember how excited people got when we re-signed Uate, 2 years on, his contract is generally considered an absolutely abomination because of his salary

Jono078

Referee
I remember how excited people got when we re-signed Uate, 2 years on, his contract is generally considered an absolutely abomination because of his salary
I'm willing to take the risk on Hodkinson in this case until one of our younger halves are ready to step up.

I don't think it'll be an outrageous amount of money and I reckon it'll just be a 2 year contract if it is true.

Nuffy

Bench
So have we signed him or is it just speculation.

Whilst I'm not a personal fan, he is an upgrade on Tyrone.

I just hope it's not a panic buy to placate the fans. Timing is suss, they are desperate for good news, what's the chance we paid massive overs IF it's true.

Nuffy

Bench
Toohey tweeted that Mids has denied they have signed Hodgkinson.

Keeble tweeted the similar thing, reviewing a range of things.

Hello, I'm The Doctor

First Grade
Wouldnt mind Hogg...

He wasnt spectacular in Origin 2 but he had the team going forward for a good part of the game, and club footy's a damn sight less intense than that cauldron.

Then again, the rumour is probably bullshit......

Loose Cannon

Bench
Toohey tweeted that Mids has denied they have signed Hodgkinson.

Keeble tweeted the similar thing, reviewing a range of things.

Midley is as stupid as his brother.

Automatically shoots down a rumour that they have a clue. Even if untrue, why not make an offer and ride the wave. They miss out, "at least we tried.

Swarzey

Bench
I'll crawl up to Newcastle and kiss Gidley's ass if this happens.

Hodkinson's style = Mullen used to a better capacity. Only good things can come from him coming here.

Joel-22

Juniors
If we sign Hodkinson and Glenn ill be very happy.

1.Jake Mamo
2.James McManus
3.Sione Matautia
4.Dane Gagai
5.Aku Uate
6.Jarrod Mullen
7.Trent Hodkinson
8.Micky Paea
9.Danny Levi
10.Kade Snowden
11.Alex Glenn
12.Robbie Rochow