What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumoured targets 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

Swarzey

Bench
seriously, i can't believe anyone would prefer to watch tyrone struggle his way through 2016. at least with sandow we can lose games in a more exciting fashion. after yesterday i decided i'm wasn't going to any more games until something changed but i'd get along to at least have a look at him.

That's all good, until its 2017 and for the 40th time he's throwing a game away trying to play "his way", trying to make himself look like a grand, attention seeking hero.

He's f**king trash. He can win games, sure, but those are far and few. Here's a stat, he's the most expensive half in the game to NOT play finals football. You're so quick to question and criticise the club for paying overs for the Mata'utia brothers yet you're happy to see Sandow here; who won't be cheap and probably take up the remaining space in our cap. Lovely logic.

Roberts may be a poor excuse for a halfback, but Sandow has had YEARS to prove his worth in the NRL and has never earned the coin he's paid.

perverse

Referee
Well it should at least be a small comfort that we wouldn't ever pay Sandow what he's getting at Parra... not even close. I mean, we probably would if we could... but we don't have the cash - so there's that. Being poor has its perks. I don't think anyone is saying signing Sandow up to a 5 year deal is a good idea, either... but I would take a punt on him for this year and next. It's a massive gamble, but someone needs to play first grade and it can't be Roberts.

Swarzey

Bench
The only positive to signing him I suppose.

Then again, considering how puzzling our lack of cap space is, I'm sure we actually have plenty and the club is going to turn around and reveal him as a superstar signing. And something about magic I'm sure...

perverse

Referee
Maybe if we get sandow he will consistently play at his best and make us a genuine premiership threat???
Yeah, and Mullen will realise his potential and be a mainstay for NSW for the next 5 years. Sione will turn into the next Greg Inglis by next year and Tyler Randell is a legitimately good first grade player - and not a plodder that just looks alright at the moment because he has a good dig, unlike many of our players.

perverse

Referee
Aren't our NYC team playing like busteds with those 2 running the show? Inspires confidence... I'll be absolutely shocked if a junior that we think is the next world beater turns out a dud!

I reckon we need to stop thinking that we can groom/develop a half into NRL. We need someone who is ready now. The history is there to show it.
Get a ready half in and then let them set the standard for the upcomers to aspire to.

Aren't our NYC team playing like busteds with those 2 running the show? Inspires confidence... I'll be absolutely shocked if a junior that we think is the next world beater turns out a dud!

One of them is still 17 and the other just turned 18 so a bit early to tell. When I said couple of years minimum probably should have said more like 4 or 5 years?

harrywilliams

Juniors
Take it with a grain of salt. Could make sense though with Mullen's year done and Roberts injured/shit. We are in a rut and a Sandow could spark something but he's definitely no long term solution.

He'd still be the best half we have next to Mullen.

I'll rather live in the pipedream of Foran for a little while, beats the reality of the Knights at the moment

slotmachine

First Grade
I'll be absolutely shocked if a junior that we think is the next world beater turns out a dud!

:lol:

What ever happened to the next cameron smith and the next israel folau?

Get a ready half in and then let them set the standard for the upcomers to aspire to.

er, yes, but who?

There are about 12 NRL quality halfbacks in the world at the moment it would seem. What would possess one to come to a spoon battling team that is slashing off-field costs? Oh yes, and you have to take less than market value for that privilege because hagan spent our cap on upgrades and magic beans.

That's how you end up with the option of Roberts or Sandow.

Last edited:

Swarzey

Bench
Myler is quite simply the BEST option there is for us. Experienced, talented, not going to cost a fortune. Sure, he would need to adapt to the NRL, it's a gamble but the payoff would most certainly be worth it.

So of course the club won't bat an eye and take whatever washed up, overrated, overpaid player they can get their hands on.

PhilGould

Bench
Barry Toohey confirmed we're not even looking for a new half to sign. Stone thinks Roberts is the man for the job.

In slightly less depressing news, someone in The Mighty Newcastle Knights facebook page (so must know what he's talking about, lol) mentioned that Buzz Rothfield wrote we're after Alex Glenn for next season. I can't find where Buzz wrote this, but the guy on facebook seems to think we're after Glenn.

Status
Not open for further replies.