What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumoured targets 2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not sure how I feel about Hodkinson but at least he will lap Tyrone for organisation. If we sign Glenn as well then maybe our cap management is better than we were led to believe.

aqua_duck

Coach
Hodkinson is a role player, my fear is we're paying him as a marquee player when he isn't and will never be that. To me he's a poor man's Mitchell Pearce, solid week in week out but cannot win you a game on his own and when the opposition steps up he hasn't got the talent to go with them

macavity

Referee
Hodkinson is a role player, my fear is we're paying him as a marquee player when he isn't and will never be that. To me he's a poor man's Mitchell Pearce, solid week in week out but cannot win you a game on his own and when the opposition steps up he hasn't got the talent to go with them

Probably, but where are all these quality halves.

We aren't signing Cronk, Thurston, DCE or Johnson.

Maloney was my pick and I am mystified we didn't go all in for him, especially given he is from our area (or at least what we should consider our area). He is a bloke just under that top level, along with A Reynolds, Austin, Foran (who I think is also overrated) and Pearce.

Hokko is the level below with the likes of Morgan, Hunt, Mullo, Soward, J Reynolds. This level would have been mediocre 10 years ago, but can command more $$ than they are ultimately worth now because there simply aren't many good halves running around these days.

Unfortunately we missed the one we SHOULD have went for, for some insane reason (Hagan no doubt) so we are scrambling for whatever we can land.

Yosh

Coach
If we sign him for 700k that's a bit over the top...

I'm personally glad we're at least linked to him. I doubt any player will have the sort of impact we're after. We need the CEO, half the board and the coach to change first.

Knight Vision

First Grade
Agreed. Over-priced nuffy that is lucky to be playing first grade, and crazy lucky to be playing for NSW. He is actually the absolute worst option for us. Sandow is a better option by virtue of being a tonne cheaper. Myler is a better option. Cornish and f**king Sam Williams are better options.

Hodkinson's asking price at the start of the year was like $700k. We're f**ked if we get him for anything close to that.

You cant be serious :roll::roll:

Frederick

Staff member
According to the telegraph, Roberts is on 400k a season. Whoever gave him that much money needs to be shot

Frederick

Staff member
According to the herald, the new plan is to not sign anyone before June 30, and instead use the cash to front load contracts so we can spend more next year

Jono078

Referee
Gee whiz, who's Roberts' manager!? Got him double anything he should have received the stage in his career.

Swarzey

Bench
According to the herald, the new plan is to not sign anyone before June 30, and instead use the cash to front load contracts so we can spend more next year

No...no that won't happen. That's smart business and the club and smart business do not belong in the same sentence.

Joel-22

Juniors
Gee whiz, who's Roberts' manager!? Got him double anything he should have received the stage in his career.

funnily enough Ty's manager is a really good mate of mine.

2UE has announced it, which apparently means dick all

Last edited:

aqua_duck

Coach

I'm not sure who his manager now but Chris Haddad use to manage him, I use to work with Chris and always knew he was quite 'shrewd', now I'm starting to think he might be a borderline genius getting that type of money for Tyrone. Yet another example of us overpaying to keep mediocre local talent

Swarzey

Bench
funnily enough Ty's manager is a really good mate of mine.

It's been confirmed on the bulldogs fb page that trent has signed a 3 year deal commencing next year with us

You sure? I can't find anything about it on their page. Mind sending a link?

Status
Not open for further replies.