What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumoured targets 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shenry4

Juniors
Cordner would be a great signing.

I don't think Newcastle have the luxury of picking and choosing which top players to sign when they show interest. And I think the main reason he would come back is because the areas his home, not because if the club....

He's had a lot of success, from a good culture, seems a thorough professional, isn't that the type of player we want around?

Knight Vision

First Grade

I don't think Newcastle have the luxury of picking and choosing which top players to sign when they show interest. And I think the main reason he would come back is because the areas his home, not because if the club....

He's had a lot of success, from a good culture, seems a thorough professional, isn't that the type of player we want around?
agreed 110% , good player, has balls and is a winner. God knows we don't have too many winners with a pair of balls at the moment.

Noname36

First Grade

IMO Corder is your typical system player. Looks terrific in a good system like the Roosters but gets found out as being average the moment he's out of that. I don't think I've ever seen him play a decent rep game. He's a bit like Pearce in that regard.

Players have to be very good to come to the Knights and still succeed. We ruin everyone, and I've seen nothing from Corder to feel he's good enough to be able to play for us like he does at the Roosters.

Shenry4

Juniors
IMO Corder is your typical system player. Looks terrific in a good system like the Roosters but gets found out as being average the moment he's out of that. I don't think I've ever seen him play a decent rep game. He's a bit like Pearce in that regard.

Players have to be very good to come to the Knights and still succeed. We ruin everyone, and I've seen nothing from Corder to feel he's good enough to be able to play for us like he does at the Roosters.

Origin game two he was really good off the bench, ran hard with lots of energy.

He's only 23 as well so I think he has room to grow. Unlike Beau Scott (31) and Jeremy Smith (35).

Noname36

First Grade
I forgot he was that young. You're right he has time. I've just never seen the appeal of him as a player but I hope I'm proven wrong if he signs (very unlikely).

Allstar Knights

Juniors
Cordner would want ridiculous money to come here which he wouldn't be worth.

Matagi would be better bang for buck and is in a position of need.

Last edited:

Noname36

First Grade
Matagi would be better bang for buck and is in a position of need.

Agreed. I just hope him not being from Newcastle doesn't stop the club seeing that.

I wouldn't have an issue with Cordner signing but if he did it would be on very high money (which I don't think he's worth as it is) and that would prevent us from buying a player we actually need.

First Grade
With Dave Taylor signing to go to Catalans, they have announced Zeb Taia is going to the Titans in a swap of sorts. Good to see Zeb back in the NRL and I wish him the best at the Titans

newyboy

Juniors
We need 2 meatheads basically, massive guys that will run and smash the opposition for 10 minutes each half. No passing or foot work, just leg speed and no brains.

Guys who treat the opposition like your mum's new boyfriend or the kid who got your young sister pregnant.

Bonus is they will be cheap as well.

We need 2 meatheads basically, massive guys that will run and smash the opposition for 10 minutes each half. No passing or foot work, just leg speed and no brains.

Guys who treat the opposition like your mum's new boyfriend or the kid who got your young sister pregnant.

Bonus is they will be cheap as well.

Does Paea fit that description?

slotmachine

First Grade
Aiden tolman? Dogs under call pressure now t-rex is staying says Barry Toohey

Bit wary of picking up guys des is happy to let go, but tolman is better than most (all?) props at the club.

Need to piss Houston and Roberts off, You'd imagine

Swarzey

Bench
Tolman would be a f**king fantastic buy. Of all the names we've had thrown around on this thread, his is the best and one I would want the most. Good stats, good minutes in the middle, greater leader.

Loose Cannon

Bench
Now, there is a name that fits the description of what we need to a T. Aiden Tolman is pure quality. A workhorse, leadership quality, front rower who would force everyone around him to lift their game to not be shown up in the stats department.

I hope there is fire within this smoke. If there is, having Hodkinson on the books could help with any deal being made.

Spot On

Coach
Can someone contact the club re Tolman and Ballin to a prise them of their current career situations. Would be excited if we landed those two.

Can someone contact the club re Tolman and Ballin to a prise them of their current career situations. Would be excited if we landed those two.

Agreed. Tolman is a born leader. Ballin would be perfect rotating the 80 mins with Levi. Pretty sure we were in the market for both Ballin and Tolman a few years back. Sign Browny and I reckon we could land both.

Last edited:

Noname36

First Grade
We should certainly target Tolman but unfortunately knowing the club they won't focus on any of that until they sign the new coach and by then the chance would have passed us by.

Not sure about Ballin. He'd be nice but really I don't think we should consider it unless we can offload at least one of the other multitude of hookers.

Spot On

Coach
We should certainly target Tolman but unfortunately knowing the club they won't focus on any of that until they sign the new coach and by then the chance would have passed us by.

Not sure about Ballin. He'd be nice but really I don't think we should consider it unless we can offload at least one of the other multitude of hookers.

Yes, one of Randall or Clydesdale must go for Ballin to be signed.

Status
Not open for further replies.