What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumoured targets 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jono078

Referee
Is this all our outs for 2015?

Gidley
Scott
Leilua (gone)
Redman (gone)
Tuimavave
Fa'alogo
Newton

I see there's an article saying McManus may have to retire due to concussions too, not sure how reliable that is given it was the Daily Telegraph.
I was going to bring this up. He's been in a bad way since his last concussion and still hasn't fully recovered.

I get the feeling we've seen the last of McManus. Or if he does come back and cop another one that will be it for him.

No big shock if Brown gets job, and it seems he will, that he tells Uate and Houston they are gone and McManus will retire or be asked to. They are talking an enormous cap overhaul and one can only wonder who we are targeting. At a guess ESL players. St. Helens have some super talent. Roby, Swift and Walmsley would be my pick. Johnny Lomax is a top utility.

Lynoman

Bench
I was going to bring this up. He's been in a bad way since his last concussion and still hasn't fully recovered.

I get the feeling we've seen the last of McManus. Or if he does come back and cop another one that will be it for him.

There has never been a player I have seen in all the time I have watched footy, that has been attacked around the head so much. A great clubman for the Knights and a pity if he has to retire due to the thug attitude of other players to such a touch campaigner.

Baz Toohey reporting that Brown will overhaul club and that Tolman and Matagi both on the radar. Nothing new apart from the club getting the message that Levi is fast becoming a target of other clubs. Upgrade on the way. He will replace Luke as NZ 9 eventually.

Sacrolishes

Juniors
Damn telegraph asking me to pay to read these articles. Pfft. Apparently there is an article also about John Quayle having a meeting with Michael McGuire. But it's an article from Rothfield so who knows how solid that is. Interesting developments either way.

Anyone able to post the article here. I'd go buy the paper, but I'm in Thailand so not possible.

Damn telegraph asking me to pay to read these articles. Pfft. Apparently there is an article also about John Quayle having a meeting with Michael McGuire. But it's an article from Rothfield so who knows how solid that is. Interesting developments either way.

Anyone able to post the article here. I'd go buy the paper, but I'm in Thailand so not possible.

Get yourself a Twiiter account. Toohey publishes a scan of his page every Sunday. Also you can actually on occasions get access to pay articles from DT depending on the journo. Toohey is very cool and responds to most enquiries in Twitter. His followers quadrupled the week Stone was sacked.

Tom155

Coach
Is he the bloke who got fired from.the Dogs for harrassing a female trainer?

Yes

KNIGHTS TO THROW EX DOG A BONE

DISGRACED Bulldog David Minute could be thrown a lifeline by the Knights for 2016.

Minute was sacked by the Bulldogs last week for making disgusting phone calls to a female member of the coaching staff and won’t play again this season.

But, as often happens in rugby league, rival clubs are weighing up the benefits and risks of signing a talented problem child and Minute has ability.

The hard running forward has been linked to the Tigers but I’m hearing it is more likely the 22-year-old will end up at the Knights.

He has family in Newcastle and has told mates that’s where he wants to end up once he gets the inevitable chance at redemption.

http://rugbyleagueweek.com.au/moles-monday-scoops-55/

Hello, I'm The Doctor

First Grade
He sounds like a wanker, but find me an NRL player who isnt....

As long as he's a cleanskin once he arives, i dont have a problem. (probably too soon though, i reckon at least a short probationary stint in a bush comp would be a good penance)

we have a good history of dealing with young kids who fall out with other clubs. Leilua must be wondering if he made the right choice given Stone was his issue. Glad he is gone. Too stupid upstairs to fathom the fact he could be the best centre in the game.

Last edited:

Bring it home Knights

First Grade
He sounds like a wanker, but find me an NRL player who isnt....

As long as he's a cleanskin once he arives, i dont have a problem. (probably too soon though, i reckon at least a short probationary stint in a bush comp would be a good penance)

There are some players that aren't wankers. They are just slim pickings is all.

Noname36

First Grade
we have a good history of dealing with young kids who fall out with other clubs. Leilua must be wondering if he made the right choice given Stone was his issue. Glad he is gone. Too stupid upstairs to fathom the fact he could be the best centre in the game.

Not really. Gagai has been our only success. The rest of them all became dickheads again eventually.

http://m.foxsports.com.au/nrl/nrl-p...nrl-market-watch/story-fn2mcuj6-1227488844964

Could Bulldogs forward Aiden Tolman follow Trent Hodkinson to the Knights next season?

The former Storm star isn’t off contract until 2017 but whispers the Bulldogs are shopping him around continue to grow stronger as they look to free up space in their salary cap.

Next season the Bulldogs have Greg Eastwood, Josh Jackson, David Klemmer, Shaun Lane, Moses Mbye and Curtis Rona all off contract.

Tolman is 27 at the end of the year with rumours rife that the Knights could offer him an additional season as a sweetener to leave Belmore

Last edited:

Rod

Bench
Yes please.

Edit: I will add, if we managed to sign Hodkinson and Tolman without a coach locked in for next year that is a mighty effort.

Last edited:

Joel-22

Juniors
Anyone interested in pursuing hoppa?
Hokko, Tolman & Hoppa would be good signings.
#1 Priority should be Tolman at this stage but wouldn't say no to Hoppa if he's keen to take a paycut.

1.Dane Gagai
2.Aku Uate
3.William Hopoate
4.Sione Matautai
5.Jake Mamo
6.Jarrod Mullen
7.Trent Hodkinson
8.Kade Snowden
9.Adam Clydesdale
10.Aiden Tolman
11.Korbin Sims
12.Tariq Sims