What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumoured targets 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

Noname36

First Grade
400k max per season for Fifita or he can fu*k off.

I'd probably offer him 500k and only on a 2-3 year contract because when they're on large long-term contracts they can lose motivation and get lazy. Bottom line is, we do need a quality forward and we're going to have to pay the big bucks for one because our club is consistently incapable of producing a quality prop (seriously, Snowden is the only decent one we've had through the junior ranks in ages).

We were already lacking a quality forward up front, and now we've lost Macca who could play either in the middle or out wide. Mase and Fa'alogo aren't getting any younger either. We don't necessarily need a meter eater, but a forward capable of at least offloading is a must. Cuthbo is the only bloke we have that can do that consistently.

aqua_duck

Coach
I'd probably offer him 500k and only on a 2-3 year contract because when they're on large long-term contracts they can lose motivation and get lazy. Bottom line is, we do need a quality forward and we're going to have to pay the big bucks for one because our club is consistently incapable of producing a quality prop (seriously, Snowden is the only decent one we've had through the junior ranks in ages).

We were already lacking a quality forward up front, and now we've lost Macca who could play either in the middle or out wide. Mase and Fa'alogo aren't getting any younger either. We don't necessarily need a meter eater, but a forward capable of at least offloading is a must. Cuthbo is the only bloke we have that can do that consistently.

Agreed. We do need abit of a size injection, hopefully Sims can develop into a regular starter week in week out and same with Tets. In terms of balance Fifita would be a perfect fit with his size and offloading ability but I'm against overpaying for him

Noname36

First Grade
Agreed. We do need abit of a size injection, hopefully Sims can develop into a regular starter week in week out and same with Tets. In terms of balance Fifita would be a perfect fit with his size and offloading ability but I'm against overpaying for him

Yep, pretty much how I see it too. I think Fifita would be a perfect addition to the team and probably the one missing piece we need to be a genuine premiership threat. However, I don't want him if it's going to be at the expense of other important members of the squad and I think it would be given his asking price.

Knight Vision

First Grade
This just in from the Lurker

Tim Grant talking to Knights
Speaking of smokescreens and Penrith's announcement that all is well with out-of-favour prop Tim Grant is another great example of spin doctoring.
Grant has been at odds with the Panthers for months, with the club trying to force him out because of his high wage bill.
The former Blues State of Origin prop was on the verge of signing an immediate deal with a rival club - who I believe was the Knights - when Panthers boss Phil Gould put a stop to it earlier this week.
Grant will now stay until the end of the season but is likely to examine his options over the summer.

Noname36

First Grade
This just in from the Lurker

Tim Grant talking to Knights
Speaking of smokescreens and Penrith's announcement that all is well with out-of-favour prop Tim Grant is another great example of spin doctoring.
Grant has been at odds with the Panthers for months, with the club trying to force him out because of his high wage bill.
The former Blues State of Origin prop was on the verge of signing an immediate deal with a rival club - who I believe was the Knights - when Panthers boss Phil Gould put a stop to it earlier this week.
Grant will now stay until the end of the season but is likely to examine his options over the summer.

f**k off Gus! How many of our players have you had running around at Penrith? Let us have one of yours.

Is grant this prop that rnb is on about? If so it looks like he ain't coming.

surely if the panthers keep him out of first grade he would have grounds to terminate his contract?

Noname36

First Grade
Is grant this prop that rnb is on about? If so it looks like he ain't coming.

surely if the panthers keep him out of first grade he would have grounds to terminate his contract?

I'd say so. It'd make sense timing wise and it was effective for this season.

For some reason I'd gotten it into my head that it was Kasiano.

Yosh

Coach
I'd take Tim Grant. Just how much is he on at Penrith?

Personally I'd take Kasiano as well. I think he is good enough to warrant a punt, at a reasonable price.

Fifita I'd throw in my kitchen sink to sign him... 850k is a bit over the top but I'd take him at anything like 500k or even 600k... I mean we're burning 400k plus on Gidley right?

Grant and snowden as starting props would massively boost our premiership credentials. If we could also jag shillington, kasiano or Taylor our pack would be devastating

Spot On

Coach
The timing of the termination make me think otherwise :)

I should have written that I don't believe that Fifita's comments are the real/true reason his contract was torn. The "timing" of the comments have certainly given the Dogs an easy out of a b$$$$$g mistake and just in time to snare a few good recruits who may be squeezed out of their clubs.

Shillo and Grant plus Will and Snowy would be a relentless front row assault. Sounds like Grant might be on his way here either this or next season.

Sacrolishes

Juniors
Faaarrrrkkkkk!!!! I would have LOVED Grant!!! Really rate him. How old is Shillington? I thought he was getting a little past it.

slotmachine

First Grade
I'm curious to know why fifita, kasiano etc would come to the knights for less money than a Sydney club would give them.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts