What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumoured targets 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nuffy

Bench
Gone awfully quiet which isn't a great sign.

Rnb11 was usually good for mail but he has been scarce for a while.

Clubs seem to be cooling on mid season transfers so I wouldn't hold out much hope.

Alex28

Coach
What about the Stewart brothers? Talk they might walk, not a huge commute from the northern beaches...

aqua_duck

Coach
No thanks, would command big money and don't really feel a need. In terms of positions of need, fullback would be down the bottom for us and as for Glenn Stewart, he's not getting any younger and seems to spend a lot of time on the sidelines

Can't see the Stewarts coming here and they are both injury prone. Too expensive as well. I am actually thinking we should focus on the exceptional U 20s side we have. Make sure we get all the prospects sorted first before we wish we had. Look at Wests Tigers. Killing it.

Last edited:

Noname36

First Grade
^ to be honest an injury prone player in an injury prone club probably wouldn't have been the greatest match.

Swarzey

Bench
Couldn't care less about missing out on Grant. He's decent, but he's not the bloke we need and won't ever reach the same form that saw him play Origin unless those around him make him look better than he actually is (Merritt lel).

McKendry would be a decent signing, pretty much exactly like Grant, but I don't think he's the player we need and he'd be nothing more than a bench player.

timka4

Bench
Pretty harsh comments surrounding Grant, he is a great player when fit, and still young in terms of a prop. He'll have a big future

McKendry is a big bopper. Would definitely give us a big pair of props with him and Snowy. We aren't big on backended deals from what I know and it seems penrith are offloading Grant and McKendry as their deals were heavily backended.

Last edited:

Spot On

Coach
All for McKendry if we can get him.

Grant is one of the last players Gus had to move on due to the previous managements tendency to pay players twice as much as they were worth.

voltron

Juniors
with benji on the market
I would love it if we could facilitate someone buying him by buying a front rower from them
freeing up cash so that they can get benji

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts