What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumoured targets 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

Swarzey

Bench
I think the problem is that we've got two excellent sides that can challenge any team in the competition but a fullback that has a better passing game going left. It puts more pressure on Mullo to create opportunities on our right edge that isn't necessarily there when Boyd has his hands on the ball.

The most involvement they have in a game is when the opposition kicks to Aku and Gagai often takes the first scoop and perhaps Aku afterwards.

Yosh

Coach
He won't do much if the ball doesn't go his way. Boyd is great at spreading the ball to the left, but Mullen needs to use his left to right pass a bit more to bring Gagai and Uate into the game. They have been sorely missing for the majority of the games played this season because they aren't getting quality ball. Not sure what the reason behind it is- maybe our boring backrow is stopping the ball from going out to where it needs to be.

Mullen has a beautiful left to right pass. I'm sure we could easily modify our move a little and have Boyd in at first or second reciever and Mullen sweeping around the back when we attack down our right. Would be trippy for other teams for a while.

If McManus wasn't going so well i'd be tempted to switch jimmy and aku's flanks. They actually started in first grade with Aku on the left and Jimmy on the right.

rnb11

Juniors
Was Gagai's injury at the start of the year caused by taking a hit up, or just a regular run taking on the line?

He was taking a hit up when we were stuck in our 10 or 20 wasn't he? And Watmough bent him back while his legs were stuck.

Yosh

Coach
I'm just gonna put this out there. Danny Wicks could have been our Fifita. Probably not in the same class but that mold of player...

Noname36

First Grade
IMO having just one backrower that could pass would help us immensely. We don't even need a first class backrower that starts and has sensation defense as well. We just need a bloke who can come off the bench and get some second phase happening.

I'm just gonna put this out there. Danny Wicks could have been our Fifita. Probably not in the same class but that mold of player...

I am going to suggest Wicks is the most wasted forward talent we have had period. All waste was self imposed by his pathetic attitude and living a lie. He had pace, footwork and a great offload when he could be bothered. Had he the attitude to life then that he has now, not to mention the fact he is now unbelievably fit, he would make one hell of a running backrower. His speed for his size is probably the best I can recall. Something about that whole Wicks saga still hangs over us like a dark cloud.

Jono078

Referee
I've always seen Fifita as a poor mans Wicks. Must clarify I mean Wicks' potential, athleticism etc.

Wicks could have been anything. He is a much bigger shame than Josh Perry. Maybe bigger than Paterson.

jonno_knights

Juniors
I am going to suggest Wicks is the most wasted forward talent we have had period. All waste was self imposed by his pathetic attitude and living a lie. He had pace, footwork and a great offload when he could be bothered. Had he the attitude to life then that he has now, not to mention the fact he is now unbelievably fit, he would make one hell of a running backrower. His speed for his size is probably the best I can recall. Something about that whole Wicks saga still hangs over us like a dark cloud.

Well blokes dont normally get paid 250k/year with no FG experience, unless maybe they have the potential to be the next boom halfback... All the talent in the world, but yeh, not the right attitude..

Allstar Knights

Juniors
Wicks was just as athletic as Fifita is, but he had a poor motor from what I remember.

Fifita has a huge motor for a big man. Plays big minutes, often gets around 200m a game and 30+ tackles.

rnb11

Juniors
Tahu, S Likiliki, Frei, Davis all gone next year. Hilder staying on a 1 year 2nd tier deal and all Mata'utia brothers staying

Burwood

Bench
Mitch Frei let go? Seems like a strange one to let go when we only just signed him, but it was only a one-year deal I suppose.

There has been a lot of talk about these matautia people but they rarely ever get considered for fg. Why are we keeping them?

Frederick

Staff member
Probably keeping them all just so we have the best one, who I'm pretty sure is the youngest one. Pete and Chanel are tripe though

aqua_duck

Coach
Probably keeping them all just so we have the best one, who I'm pretty sure is the youngest one. Pete and Chanel are tripe though

Chanel and Pete are too small and lack blistering speed, Pat is a decent size just needs some luck with injuries, Sione is a freak, he's only 16 or 17 but was MOTM for NSW under 18's the other week and I reckon would more than hold his own in NYC now if he got a chance, he's a good size for a centre his age, he'd be just as big as Pete and Chanel already with plenty of growing left to do

rnb11

Juniors
Sione is a star he makes all the junior rep sides and has captained them, wins all the awards, dominates every game he plays he will move up to NYC and will be just as dominant many believe. Bennett will be making him train with the NRL side next year and he is only 17. Most recently scored the first 2 tries in the last u18's a few weeks ago and set up 2 others.

Pat has just as much promise, he starred throughout the juniors, was a try scoring machine for our SG premiers. He and Clydsdale are on a different level in the NYC and easily our best 2 players, massive centre with so much skill, speed and power. Has a brutal fend on him too. He makes every Aus & Nsw rep side and stars in those. Has suffered some injuries though in his first year of NYC. Plays anywhere in the backline.

Chanel has always been the most underrated one which is fair but he is really starting to develop into a damaging winger. He's scored something like 10 tries from his last 8 games, he's put on alot of size and is finally playing with some aggression. Still young and in his first year of NswCup, worth holding on to.

Peter is peaking, he's been bad at times this year but he has really stood out in alot of games so far too and has been one of our best all year. So much talent but he just isn't going up to that next level, but he's not far off. Maybe a change of club would do him good and give him a more realistic chance of making firsts. Though he will become one of our first choice reserve backs next year so that could be his motivation to go on with it.

The 2 youngest are the shiz though and worth holding on to the others just to keep those 2 if that what it comes down to. Sione and Pat tower over the older 2 already.

Big Tim

First Grade
Pete was named in the NSW Cup team to play before Origin..... someone thinks he is going OK.

Edit: misinformation

Last edited:

Bring it home Knights

First Grade
There's a customer that I serve at work who's friends with Timana Tahu. I said to him this afternoon that I've heard that Tahu isn't being retained. He said that Tahu told him that also. The bloke also said that Tahu doesn't know which club or code he'll be heading to.

I noticed in another thread, that Yosh questioned Tyrone Roberts in an interview, asking if he was extremely serious in real life based on the interview. My customer also told me a while ago that he's mates with Roberts also. Yosh, he reassured me that Tyrone can be serious at times, but there are plenty of other occasions where he is happy-go-lucky :p

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts