What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumoured targets 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

Yosh

Coach
There's a customer that I serve at work who's friends with Timana Tahu. I said to him this afternoon that I've heard that Tahu isn't being retained. He said that Tahu told him that also. The bloke also said that Tahu doesn't know which club or code he'll be heading to.

I noticed in another thread, that Yosh questioned Tyrone Roberts in an interview, asking if he was extremely serious in real life based on the interview. My customer also told me a while ago that he's mates with Roberts also. Yosh, he reassured me that Tyrone can be serious at times, but there are plenty of other occasions where he is happy-go-lucky :p

Lol! Good to hear! It wouldn't be right having a halfback who was all attitude. Look at the Johns brothers, they gold!

Joker's Wild

Coach
Rumour going around that we are looking to pick up Matt Minto from the Mackay Cutters

I have watched this kid a few times and he is solid but Im not sure he is a NRL level player.

rnb11

Juniors
He actually looks like a decent young half, good build and tough, kicks goals but wouldn't know too much about him skill-wise.

Looks nothing like Scotty Bennett thank god.

Last edited:

aqua_duck

Coach
Sione is a star he makes all the junior rep sides and has captained them, wins all the awards, dominates every game he plays he will move up to NYC and will be just as dominant many believe. Bennett will be making him train with the NRL side next year and he is only 17. Most recently scored the first 2 tries in the last u18's a few weeks ago and set up 2 others.

Pat has just as much promise, he starred throughout the juniors, was a try scoring machine for our SG premiers. He and Clydsdale are on a different level in the NYC and easily our best 2 players, massive centre with so much skill, speed and power. Has a brutal fend on him too. He makes every Aus & Nsw rep side and stars in those. Has suffered some injuries though in his first year of NYC. Plays anywhere in the backline.

Chanel has always been the most underrated one which is fair but he is really starting to develop into a damaging winger. He's scored something like 10 tries from his last 8 games, he's put on alot of size and is finally playing with some aggression. Still young and in his first year of NswCup, worth holding on to.

Peter is peaking, he's been bad at times this year but he has really stood out in alot of games so far too and has been one of our best all year. So much talent but he just isn't going up to that next level, but he's not far off. Maybe a change of club would do him good and give him a more realistic chance of making firsts. Though he will become one of our first choice reserve backs next year so that could be his motivation to go on with it.

The 2 youngest are the shiz though and worth holding on to the others just to keep those 2 if that what it comes down to. Sione and Pat tower over the older 2 already.
Sione just got picked for the Australian Schoolboys side, nice achievement considering he's a year younger than most of the boys he's playing against. From what I've heard he's probably the best outside back we've had in the juniors since Timana

Jono078

Referee
Sione just got picked for the Australian Schoolboys side, nice achievement considering he's a year younger than most of the boys he's playing against. From what I've heard he's probably the best outside back we've had in the juniors since Timana
Where does Aku rank? Ahead of or behind Timana?

RHCP

Bench
I doubt you would be saying that two years ago.

Not saying that you are all necessarily wrong, but current form certainly clouds judgments and yesterdays heroes always get viewed through rose coloured glasses.

Aku outside Joey and Mids would have been a sight too behold.

aqua_duck

Coach

Not saying that you are all necessarily wrong, but current form certainly clouds judgments and yesterdays heroes always get viewed through rose coloured glasses.

Agree although I don't think there's any doubt Timana was a more complete player at junior level. Aku only started playing rugby league at age 15-16.
Sione is a beast from what I've seen and heard, has been dominating junior reps since he was 14-15

macavity

Referee

Justin Ryder looked good outside of those two.

Tahu stuffed his career by going to Parra. If he had stayed we would be talking about him as in the top 3-4 Knights of all time.

Aku has a long way to go to be in that echelon - especially considering he is slowing down massively, and his defence seems to be getting worse instead of better.

Big Tim

First Grade
Tahu was incredible. But he combined natural ability with good football sense.

Aku had no football sense in his younger days.

The trainer would drag him from the sideline and put him in the middle of the field to take a run. He had to be coached on the field. T never had that issue.

Aku is an incredible player considering the slow start he had to professional RL.

RABK

Referee
Tahu could have been a 250 try winger if not for injuries. One of the problems he had was the immense muscle he had in his legs which lead to calf and hamstring tears, he literally packed too much muscle mass in his legs which lead to the calves operation in 2004 (removed muscle from his calves)

It slowed him down, he lost most of his speed and he bulked up 10kgs and was never the same. Still a great centre afterwards, but peak Tahu from 01-03 was as close to the best athlete rugby league had seen until the likes of sbw, inglis and folau.

RABK

Referee
As for Aku, i've watched him since he was 16 and he looks so damn slow compared to his first two years in first grade. Theres a video on youtube of that length of the field try he scored against the broncos in that game played in a massive storm. He was in third gear but easily covered 90 metres in torrential rain at close to 10m a second.

He looks very lethargic these days. He's capable of much better.

Status
Not open for further replies.