What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumoured targets 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

Frederick

Staff member
The mole reckons Bennett will be staying here for another two years.

Good news for Mullen, who has largely been a revelation under him.

Nuffy

Bench
Surprising in one way as I thought he'd be understandably keen to get back to Brisbane.

But maybe he feels that the job isn't done yet.

Who knows, but I suspect that Stone wouldn't be overly pleased.

Spot On

Coach
It's claimed that Mullo signed for 2.2M for 4 years which is massive unders for playmakers currently so we should be swimming in cash for recruitment.

http://www.theherald.com.au/story/2...d-new-deal-with-the-knights-until-2018-video/

I think that's a fair deal for Mullo. Maybe a little bit of unders considering what a couple of our so called stars are on. Would he get much more than 550K a year elsewhere? He'd want a hell of a lot more to leave what he has here and start over elsewhere. Minimum 650K per season to make the move worth it financially.

If he can become a more dominant playmaker and really put the sword to teams regularly then it will prove to be massive unders.

We definitley have a couple blokes on massive overs though.

Johns Magic

Referee
Absolutely outstanding news on Bennett if true.

I am not a Proctor fan. He runs a nice short ball off Cronk close to the line and is good at turning his back to the defence and giving quick hands to Slater on the wraparound close to the line to create an overlap. But around the park I don't think he offers much. He will get a pretty good contract from some cub and I hope it's not us.

Spot On

Coach
Absolutely outstanding news on Bennett if true.

I am not a Proctor fan. He runs a nice short ball off Cronk close to the line and is good at turning his back to the defence and giving quick hands to Slater on the wraparound close to the line to create an overlap. But around the park I don't think he offers much. He will get a pretty good contract from some cub and I hope it's not us.

And there's no reason why a bloke like Rochow can't do that.

I would not be shocked to see Wayne finish his career here. We tick all the boxes. He is left to run the club his way. He recruits as he sees fit. Truth is even though his ways leave us at times frustrated and his game plans are fairly straightforward, he is still the man to see us into a future we can build from. Oh and please sign Teo Wayne. Easily the most valuable forward on the market now.

Burwood

Bench
Proctor? Another of those players that gives the optical illusion that they run harder and faster than they actually do because of their long hair.

Burwood

Bench
And if Bennett has indeed committed to two years at the club I think we'll be hearing some news and developments very shortly on the Tinkler/members club/NRL negotiations that have been underway for the past month.

The question is whether he has extended by two years or 12 months. Alex's predicament would be a massive reason why. I also feel he has the targets he is after waiting in the wings. They wanted an answer on his intentions. We could be in for some huge news in weeks to follow I hope.

Wato

Juniors
I would pass on Proctor as well would much rather Tohu Harris, When it comes to second rowers I would be looking at Chris McQueen, Tohu Harris and Jamie Burher. McQueen would be my preferred option as he runs good lines and would offer Mullo a kicking target closer to the ruck. McQueen was great for Queensland last year and has plenty of good footy ahead of him.

Swarzey

Bench
If we signed McQueen...f**k, I'd lose it. Brilliant player, always able to get the ball out to the edges, has surprising speed for a second rower. He's the sort of player the club should chase and chase very hard.

Wato

Juniors
If we signed McQueen...f**k, I'd lose it. Brilliant player, always able to get the ball out to the edges, has surprising speed for a second rower. He's the sort of player the club should chase and chase very hard.

His after more money from Souths and supposedly two clubs are chasing him. I cannot believe he has been benched for Turner, I always rated him as a solid club player but last year he really broke out as a gun second rower for Souths and Queensland.

Spot On

Coach
Buhrer strikes me as a decent utility, nothing more. McQueen is a good player but I wouldn't be spending a shit load on him.

Teo interests me but I'm not sure whether he rates himself a little better than what he actually is. When he's on song he's brilliant but that form seems a bit hard for him to deliver week in week out.

Proctor - he'd have to get a haircut for Wayne to sign him. Doesn't really offer anything more than the above does he?

Last edited:

Swarzey

Bench
His after more money from Souths and supposedly two clubs are chasing him. I cannot believe he has been benched for Turner, I always rated him as a solid club player but last year he really broke out as a gun second rower for Souths and Queensland.

Think he's on less than 200k at Refern. Insane.

Whats Doing

Bench
The question is whether he has extended by two years or 12 months. Alex's predicament would be a massive reason why. I also feel he has the targets he is after waiting in the wings. They wanted an answer on his intentions. We could be in for some huge news in weeks to follow I hope.

i was thinking the same thing when i read it. Extended it by 2 years would offer more stability and be a bigger attraction in both retaining and recruiting players

Noname36

First Grade
I know a bloke that works for Souths. Not sure how much he's in the know but I've heard they're trying to retain Te'o but if that happens there's a 99% chance McQueen is gone. What you'd expect really.

Re Bennett, if that comes about it's not too shocking to be honest. I think realistically most people suspected we'd be his last club. He'll be 70 in a few years and I couldn't see him wanting to starting up fresh at a new club. I know a lot of Bronco supporters think he's going back there to finish up as coaching director but he's made it known that his favourite part of coaching is the time with the players so i don't know if that role would suit him.

To be honest I don't think anyone knows what Bennett will do though...least of all the mole.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.